Faerin should be removed

2 Likes

Another favorite of mine is Ripley

Idk why people like Ripley. She doesn’t do anything. It’s really not even a character driven story.

1 Like

Are these the only shows on tv? You said across media and across media what I said holds. Sure we can pick outliers but we are talking about the whole. Why deny what media looks like? Does denying it make you feel better about the ideals you hold?

The issue isn’t that the writing or the characters are bad. That has been made clear several times over by the very existence of this thread, which has several people complaining about her being a “DEI insert” or whatever new buzzword they have lol

If people want to critique the writing, they can do so without mentioning that Faerin is black and disabled. The fact that they continue to do so is very telling about what the real issue is here lmao

2 Likes

Why does she have a modern day zoomer haircut underground in a remote place with spiders?

I…what?

Are we thinking of the same Ripley?

I like how in a thread about Faerin we’re now having a measuring content about if Xal’Atath is liked or not.

and the pro-knaifu group isn’t allowed to use their best weapon: internet thirst.

This is getting interesting.

1 Like

It’s extra funny that he brought up Rings of Power and House of the Dragon, as they’re both getting review bombed for daring to cast black people in fantasy roles lol

There’s people in this very thread complaining about black people in HotD.

3 Likes

True. Bad writers are just bad writers.

And you know what bad writers love adding in their stories? Token characters.

Uh the second movie at the end? Second movie is way better than the first. First is more horror themed second is horror action.

I mean i could give more but i thought 3 examples of mordernly fresh TVs shows kinda discredits the premise of the post I was reffering to.

Apparently not, because the Ripley I remember was about as interesting a character as your typical slasher “final girl.”

We’re fighting giant spider-people with magic, but a haircut is what you can’t believe?

1 Like

Go rewatch the movies.

That’s your concern?

Her hair isn’t aesthetically consistent?

2 Likes

What character moment did you like best? The one where she got in a giant mecha and boxed with an alien?

2 Likes

And yet we’re the cowards. Hiding behind tokenism and calling it representation so you can absolve yourself of critisicm is probably the most racist thing you’ll actually find in the real world but lets not think about that it’s easier to blindly label people as whatever ism they think fits.

2 Likes

Yeee that fight was awesome.

I do like too how her character is in a state of worry that the alien is near through out. Gives a sense that the thing is just gonna show up.

No, I just think you guys are weirdos with this much hatred over a side character. Its entertaining

1 Like

I’m so glad I don’t look at reviews for shows & movies. I like to just watch the show and enjoy it lol, I have no idea why people gotta be so weird about it.

1 Like