Faerin should be removed

Hope you keep that energy with the rest of the absurd design choices/rules made in this game, because she’s far from even the most offensive lmao

Okay. I can’t imagine caring.

I agree 100%. Remove her in a slow painful death caused by torture.

1 Like

tbh I feel like if it were flipped in a scenario where a dark-skinned character was replaced with someone white, there would be people raging. So I mean, is your view both ways? Doesn’t matter if they recast something either way? Or is it only okay if it meets certain criteria?

Though this is entirely irrelevant to Faerin really because obviously she’s a new character and there’s nothing to ‘match’, I’m just curious on your take tbh having seen this back and forth.

She’s there to help Anduin. She’s Anduin’s pillar, his strength. She’s not meant to be anything major or big, but just there as a supporting character for Anduin. Her purpose in the story is to help Anduin find his light, his sense of purpose, and even a bit of mental clarity.

And I’m sure as the story progresses, he’ll help her.

Ahhh, okay, that explains it. I did get all the books so I could get the desk toy, but I didn’t read them too closely. Either it’s an artifact of the past in-universe or an oversight; either way, their presentation really doesn’t scream “crazy and evil” like the Scarlets did/do. It really seems like they’re trying to an imperialistic zealot faction but not Super Duper Evil, just a little… intense. To put it mildly.

Usually do… as dumb as warglaives are for example they at least can be argued to function as weapons even if pointlessly inefficient ones.

I love how when I try flagging this for trolling I get a 500 error so thinly-veiled racism can stay up on these forums for upwards of nine hours.

3 Likes

I don’t take issue with that, that’s understandable. The issue I have with her, is that she constantly delves into the psychological phenomena of toxic positivity, which is paradoxical, and generally harmful, and or, counterproductive to achieving any positive outcome, regardless of the goal. It looks like to me, that her writers confused heroism with this phenomena, because she perfectly embodies these characteristics, for example, she consistently has an excessive and unrealistic expectation of having positive outcomes, despite her personal circumstances, and the overall circumstances.

Her self picture is complete unbalanced and unbound to reality. She feels very fake and manufactured to me, and they way she’s always telling Anduin to look on the bright side is not just condescending, it’s annoying.

4 Likes

I mean its not like we dont have a Disney Exec being recording saying as to whats going on in Disney.

Who is a leader in media, you dont think a ton of other companies are influenced by?

Or is it only when its against white people is it not racist?

Imagine if a video got leaked today saying a studio is doing everything they can to not hire people who give off black athsetics.

I just want an Avery Johnson character with witty dialogue instead.

When did true faith in the Light, within Warcraft, which is something true for all paladins and priests (ever hear Velen speak?) become toxic positivity? Lmao. This community is ridiculous.

Oooh cookies…

steals a few

2 Likes

Ah, a nearly 700 post thread about Faerin.

I’m sure you all remained the picture of civility throughout all that.

1 Like

Half of it isn’t even about Faerin tbh LOL

1 Like

or you could just ignore and move on. You’re not the thought police and this post violates no rules. Trust me they remove posts within minutes if it’s against the rules.

2 Likes

I honestly can’t tell anymore. They have been letting some stuff slide for hours that use to be nuked in minutes, while other posts still get dropped in less than 100 replies. It’s all so confusing.

2 Likes

There’s a near 4000 post thread that has some pretty nasty stuff that’s been up for over a week.

Even the offending posts within it haven’t been removed.

Honestly I can only assume the mods keep it open to laugh at it. There’s no way they don’t know about it.

5 Likes

Talking about Waffle House is apparently against the rules.

Couldn’t care less unless their race is somehow relevant to the character, which is basically never going to happen in a fantasy universe.