Faerin should be removed

Us Fighting Eagles at Stormwind University used to crush those nerds from Dalaran Educational Institute every season on the field!

2 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised.

But anyone who pays attention to the facts can see right through it. The tool was ‘announced’ by Activision-Blizzard in 2022 (specifically May 12th, 2022) as a ‘new way to promote diversity in games’. By that time Overwatch already had a massively diverse cast of characters, with more on the way. So it was obvious that Blizzard wasn’t using it, but because Activision-Blizzard chose to use Overwatch characters in their blog post, folks assumed, incorrectly, that Blizzard had made and was using the tool when they weren’t.

3 Likes

They turned Kobolds into an oppressed people that we have to help, just like Nerubians. They’re not as much of a meme (there’s still a bunch of candle-related stuff), but the plot is stale.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t. But I am saying, every tiny addition to her adds to the idea that they follow these protocols.
In a world with Mechagnome limb replacement(the Arathi clearly have their own great technology as well), she just happens to not want a new arm? That’s like saying you don’t to take the flu shot, then being proud as you puke your guts up in the toilet with the flu.

Her race, as I said earlier, isn’t really that important. She’s 2000 years removed from Anduin Lothar’s bloodline, she’s basically not even related to him. But they tacked on those extra little needless bits. One thing you can at least say, she’s not a leader yet, that’s a positive in a way. Her characterization as well, as I said, is good. Hopeful, not bossy, and just a general good person.

1 Like

The issue is, People will see someone reinforcing their views on something and believe it blindly without doing their own research, But I agree with you nonetheless.

I mentioned a character that I liked who came from nothing, Yrel. Warcraft has enough characters that are underdeveloped and deserve a spotlight, so you could either pick from them, and give them a relevant story arc, or you can build up a new hero of the Warcraft universe, and have us witness their rise to greatness.

Or if you don’t want to do either of those, you could have a badass new hero, but they should at least come with a backstory and history that suits their level of power. General Steelstrike is a much more interesting character to me because she has a position that she clearly earned with much experience.

1 Like

The character is fine, they shoe horned in an entire race of bio-engineered dragon people, that turned out to have existed all a long. Also, I think Faerin is going to die any way, a catalyst in Anduin’s character development. So that he must “carry the torch” in her stead and become a paladin. Or, she will live and her and Anduin will get married.

You’re in serious denial if you think this happened. If she was just dark skinned, then okay. If she was dark skinned and “body positive” maybe. But that she is a noble, disabled, thick, woman of color? Lol. No. That’s a pretty comprehensive checklist of intersectional philias. The only thing she is missing is LGBT and that won’t work when she is obviously meant to be Anduin’s wife.

1 Like

And I am saying you are using this as a way to justify your own issues. Let them go. Move on. You saw a character and decided that you heard somewhere that someone had something to with diversity and a chart, you excluded all the evidence from WoW developers that said “that isn’t how we make characters” and you ran with the idea that they are lying and you are right. Your premise is flawed from the start.

I remember a time when the nonsense from the real world didn’t follow me to Azeroth.

Microsoft is killing the game.

Who said they had to be forced? They buy into the ideology and they are strongly incentivized to do it at every level of the organization, and frequently punished if they don’t.

It would actually be more brave as a developer in the current day to suggest that the character should be a white male than a black female, even though it would obviously make more sense in-world in the game.

2 Likes

Why do people act like black people who are disabled don’t exist? Like, do you think people are only allotted one marginalized token and that’s it?

1 Like

Lmao I bet you actually believe that

4 Likes

Make Paladins Great Again!

Of course I do, because it’s obvious.

1 Like

Yeah sure little culture warrior, whatever you say.

Servers are back up so you’re no longer worth my time.

4 Likes

I mean, every race should be paladins by now. They can all be warrior’s and priests, but the light forbid they be warrior-priests.

Oh he absolutely does.

2 Likes

Well, I hope you’ll excuse me if I avoid consuming carcinogens to avoid cancer, alcohol to avoid liver disease, and walking in the woods without personal protection implements.
This world is a world of deductive reasoning. Without it, we’re basically not even human. I’ll continue using it.

2 Likes

Now THAT would be bad writing.