Faerin should be removed

OP called for a retcon to remove a character from a video game. Just let him scream pronouns at a camera and laugh.

3 Likes

You can dislike the character Faerin Lothar without caring about her race. A character being a black woman should not shield them entirely from criticism.

1 Like

My specific complaint was the shield arm, wouldn’t care what race sex combo. Having it attach at the shoulder is kinda silly.

Then let the criticism be more than just “she’s black and disabled and I don’t like it”

I haven’t heard a legitimate argument against her character. You can not like her personally, but I haven’t heard a good reason for her not to exist.

Sometimes people just like to write different kinds of characters

Man. And I’ve been ripping on Blizz for years because it’s such a dumb, disingenuous tool. Maybe there are people genuinely making things they care about after all.

Thanks for clearing up this misconception, seriously.

1 Like

TBH I wouldn’t be surprised if this is still a talking point some youtubers use to push their narrative on how blizzard is gonna “Go woke go broke”

1 Like

The fun part of all these “ITS DEI” parrots is the quiet part: they believe that a video game developer has to be forced to write a minority character, because that’s the only thing that would make them consider it themselves.

6 Likes

Mmm… coffee and a morining Faerin thread. Starting the week off right.

5 Likes

Correct, when they have a complaint that does just boil down to “white european fantasy game” the ignores every part of the game that isn’t part of that subgenre to make a point about a single character and how 1200 years isn’t enough to explain the existence because she is black… I mean… that isn’t a valid criticism is it?

2 Likes

Shame that you got flagged, you’re absolutely correct

1 Like

Every character they make just happens to score quite highly on the chart, by pure happenstance, is that what I’m to believe?
The things that they write, it all lines up just right by complete and total coincidence, yes?

2 Likes

You’ll see what you want to see no matter what anyone tells you.

Why are you here, again?

2 Likes

So because a chart exists that never used they should never create a black character? Do you not see how you are pigeon-holing your own argument?

It’s always projection. Always.

1 Like

We got it the first several times you posted about it. What’s the obsession here?

2 Likes

The first post generally says most of the stuff I dislike about the character. We don’t particularly see her characters growth, she’s just badass right from the start, and seems to exist entirely as a tool for Anduin’s character arc. They really should have made her older, or indicated at least that she is way older than she appears. There wouldnt be any issue for me if she seemed to have any flaws at all, or had to work towards character growth, like Yrel or something. As of right now it just seems like they slapped Lothar’s name on a character and forced them into relevancy.

3 Likes

sidebar- I like when you can see the amount of people who are typing.

That is how new characters work… they give them a back story and connect them to existing lore. How else would you like them to come about?

1 Like