Faerin - i fear for her

Not liking Earthen because they don’t measure up to someone’s preconceived notions about dwarves or the Titan history is really not at all similar to a bunch of people dunking on Faerin explicitly for being a black female amputee.

You’re comparing an art or lore take with one that’s explicitly racist and sexist.

2 Likes

Hallelujah.

Touche.

Ok so you didn’t literally use the word “Forced” but what you described amounts to the same exact sentiment.

So what is the criticism of this specific character then? Help us understand why you and all these people are latching on to this as some huge problem.

There are complaints about “The Earthen” as a playable race, not specific Earthen characters that were prominently featured in the story campaign.

You’re not complaining about the Arathi in general, you’re complaining about this one specific character.

Not the same thing.

I disagree. I think people have an issue with bad writing and I find it very annoying that people hint at the idea I can’t criticize a character because of it’s skin color or gender or so on. I think everything is open to criticism.

If you played past level ten and actually did the quests with her in them, you might see a bit more.

2 Likes

So how many characters in WoW’s history do we get what you asking? We can skip Classic and go right to BC. Most of the characters we quest with have the “He is a badass cause we say so” theme. You can read about them in lore but we don’t progress in a story with them. So now we have Faerin she has to be the one that we progress in a story with and prove that she is worthy of being a badass.

It is what it is but I want to keep seeing this standard when the white male character that so many lust after is added.

We can agree to disagree.

I’m glad somebody said it. White men = good! Black Woman = Bad.

Oh no Black Women exists in gaming. Oh no. It’s terrible. It’s an agenda. Oh no, there’s no white man. It’s a conspiracy I tell ya. :unamused:

3 Likes

Yeah cause this is a “Whites Only” game, amirite! :clown_face:

None. Each have to prove themselves to the player, or the reader. Some characters did better than others, from several points of view. Even the villains had to prove themselves. That’s why the old villains are better than the new ones. The ones that come out of nowhere, because you got to see them in action, instead of just being told they are evil.

And white male characters get put through the same grinder. Look at Anduin, that guy has been around for nearly 2 decades, pushed at the front non stop for a while now. He gets criticized non stop. I suppose the only difference is that Anduin can’t hide behind his skin color and call us racists for criticizing him.

I’ve seen enough posts on here to know that the “quality of the story” isn’t at all the reason why people are talking about her.

And I’m at the point where I just flatly don’t believe anyone that says this. That might be a me problem, but at this point I don’t care anymore. this community is actually terrible.

7 Likes

shes a disabled woman, by blizzard terms that means shes immortal, you’ll be fine

if you care about her friend - you should worry about anduin, since he is a man, more likely to die

It’s a you problem. Yeah. And honestly, in my opinion you are part of a worse section of this forum. The kind that does not tolerate any kind of dialogue regarding certain subjects based on your own paranoia, like you admitted and the point of this forum is dialogue.

1 Like

There was a thread last week about how the Nerubians aren’t grotesque enough and that the poster was fed up with everything being made to look pretty. If only I had a higher trust level, I would have plastered screenshots of Nerubians all over my reply asking OP if they were attracted to that…

Point is, people complain about anything so long as they can remain anonymous on a forum board!

1 Like

Thank you.

4 Likes

I didn’t see that one, but that sounds like it was about “The Nerubians” in general.

This topic is about a specific character, not “The Arathi”.

Anduin gets criticized all the time for not representing some people idealized view of masculinity. I like that you are trying to say that Faerin is hiding behind skin color when people are saying she does not fit the European fantasy setting because of her skin color. That is the biggest complaint and I respect people for being willing to voice that instead of trying to hide behind she needs to prove herself. When that is rarely if ever asked of white male character. If they fit the look of their idealized view of masculinity people will fall over to lick their feet.

1 Like

Not likely. Not in the near future. He’s the Thrall of the Alliance. Cause the previous writing team’s obsession with this character, almost no other character got any meaningful development. So no, I don’t think they’ll kill him. Maybe use him to make room for new characters or even older ones that got like no development or very little like, what’s his name… the shadow elf chicks’ zealot husband.

In other words she doesn’t fit the Blue eyed blonde haired belf appearance you have special night dreams about .

5 Likes

but at this point, both anduin and thrall are weak and have lost their powers, they are just there to cry about how they cant do anything… it will be better if they kill them instead of turning them into clowns
male characters cant be powerful and strong