Faerin - i fear for her

Knowing Blizzard, they going to kill her i think, she is so motivating.

Tell me that is not happening.

7 Likes

I doubt it. They’re clearly trying to build up a new generation of characters as they retire or kill off the old ones.

36 Likes

Nice watching her trying to motivate Anduin.

Hopefully you are right, she seems like a good leader. Calm and courageous.

5 Likes

Amber Kearnan says nothing is above them.

Hi, I am second in command here to fight the WOD orcs. Moving up in the ranks of Si:7. I am going places!

And she did. Dead in a sewer for the rogue order hall story. Now a spider in the SL.

8 Likes

Get rid of her, she ruins what little good the story has going for it.

51 Likes

I would not only buy this game but advocate for others to buy it if Blizzard had the balls to kill her off. But we all know there’s no way they’d do it and we all know why.

32 Likes

That would be a refreshing change of pace.

22 Likes

No, she lives. She will become accustomed to our way of life on this side of the planet, rebelling against her people’s prejudices and will be a leader for our forces when we go back to her homeland to kill the Arathi Emperor that they are clearly setting up as a future Bad.

2 Likes

They absolutely should kill off this character. Such a bad design and feels so out of place in WoW. I don’t know what they were thinking when they made faerin and how they thought anyone would like this character.

23 Likes

I mean, without touching upon the “spoiler” (and I say spoiler very loosely as the red flags for said spoiler were crimson for some time, especially once we knew how the intro quest ended thanks to the beta), I don’t think they’re going to willy nilly kill newer characters as they don’t provide the same gut punch that a death like Varian, or Rhonin, or Vol’jin, etc. provides to the players and the folks that have followed the lore for the last 30 years.

Plus, they still got to replace older characters that do get killed.

Now, with all that said: before the Worldsoul Saga is over, I’m putting my money one or both:
Expect to see Thrall and/or Turalyon bite it by the end of The Last Titan.

2 Likes

Oh yes you do.

13 Likes

King Rastakhan says “hi”.

Looks at Horde.

Somebody should tell Blizzard.

10 Likes

Faerin’s probably going to last at least long enough for us to get to the Arathi empire and deal with their whole stuff

She’s incredibly at risk at that time, but before that? She’ll be fine

1 Like

Why would she be at risk?

There is a 90% chance the main Arathi empire is not going to be happy with us, given how its been portrayed, and she will either have to face the lies of the empire, or sacrifice herself to get Anduin/someone else to safety

We will subsequentially reduce most of the offending parties to dust the moment we smell a BIS upgrade item off them in a raid, mind.

1 Like

How many important female characters has Blizzard killed in the last 20 years?

6 Likes

Well I could take a wild guess. I’m pretty sure its something out of the DEI department.

12 Likes

You all have no taste, no sense of how the story is being shaped.

yall are what I call typical.

By far the best expansion with time spent on developing each and every new character.

Faerin has a lot of substance, you dont like her because she has personality.

This has to be the best expansion. We have only playeed 3 zone and the story itself is so enriching.

9 Likes

Optmisitic, a go getter.

Just like an NPC we met in DF. And dead in less than 2 hours. the eggs must be saved! Die well guard dragonkin person we barely go to know.

This stuff is terminal in many entertainment forms.

its about as deadly as being the protaganists love interest.

Why do they have to die?

they were dating/married to the protaganist.

ahh, good point.

4 Likes

Ok, fair enough. However, there’s little to no impact to those sorts of deaths. It’s more or less a low stakes “safe” choice for killing off a character when they do something like that.

Not saying WoW needs a Red Wedding moment, but if something like that happened, which of the following would hit you harder?

The deaths of Anduin, Jaina, Thrall, Wrathion, and Illidan?
Or the deaths of Meerah, Taelia, Flynn, Talanji, and Vyranoth?

And as a rule: if you have to look up the character to know who they are, it isn’t going to be a gut punch to you. It’ll be a moment of “Damn, that’s sad” before you move on a minute later.