Faction change STUCK!

Issue ID: #70997388 I have been trying to play the game with no luck. I Faction changed while I was on the step that takes me to pandaria, but when I logged into my new faction the chain was completely reset. Once I got to uldum i was not able to complete the assault and now i’m a day behind my guild. Currently 15 hours in que and am seriously hoping my friday (only day i have to play alot) plans of playing and getting caught up are out the window!

You might be better off touching base with Live Chat considering that this is related to your faction change.

1 Like

thank you, will give it a shot. Did not know that was an option.

Live chat is for Billing and Tech support. In this case your issue is related to the purchase of a faction change, so it may just be that they need to give your account a nudge or it may be that you’re missing a quest that you need to pick up.

The should be able to help out if it’s a nudge that’s needed. Otherwise, you may need to try and see which quest you left off at and see if you can pick it back up again.

Hopefully they can lend you a hand though :wink:

1 Like

This is a known issue with the questline. There was a previous thread but the mod closed it saying they hotfixed (which they didnt)

Open a ticket in game and state you recently faction transferred. Only a gm in game can help with this known issue.

As for me i have had a ticket open for almost 2 days still waiting

Try using the link I provided above. Live Chat might be able to assist if your issue is also related to a faction transfer.

First thing i did was use live chat, they werent able to help :frowning:

Then it’s unlikely a ticket would help as that’s going to the same place. What did Live Chat advise you?

There is a thread thats closed with over 20 pages man, theyve stated already a gm completes the quest for you.

The process was to ensure that your ticket was a “stuck on quest” ticket and to specifically mention you had faction changed.

The live chat assistant stated that they werent able to help as (from what I remember) cannot check in game details. He understood the situation but referred me to create a ticket in game.

From another recent thread from blue:

Update:

There was an issue that was recently hotfixed, so this is how it is currently supposed to work.

If you have already completed the Cloak quest, you shouldn’t need to do everything again on your new faction.

I don’t believe this retroactively resolves any issues for those who faction changed prior to the hotfix so if you have an issue, please submit a ticket so our staff can take a look.

Any new cases, we’ll want to have bug reports on those so they can be looked into.

Hotfixing doesn’t always retroactively help with those already experiencing an issue, Norbert. It should help prevent folks going forward, but those who may have had an issue still need to be helped manually in most cases.

You appear to be sitting at 1 day 14 hours, and response times are mostly between 24-42 hours right now. Someone should be able to get to you soon.

2 Likes

Hey Vrakthris,

I have re opened my ticket with Tylorennon if I encountered more issues and I am again after being kindly helped.

The quest: [Proof of Tenacity] requires the vale assaulkt to be completed too which i am again unable to do.

Please can you let the team know?

I should have known a second assault was involved. >.<

Thanks. Ty might be able to grab that, I’ll let him know.

1 Like

Hold on, I went oto the boss without quest markers just to see if he was tehre and looks like it is. I may be able to complete this!

Excellent! Let me know and of course, close out the ticket if you are set.

Ok, so looks like now im not able to progress on the visions questline where you give in the Corrupting Cores. The reason is, im unable to upgrade thje cloak with the corrupting cores after rank 5 as it requires a different item. When I finish the quest It gives me another but i cannot have more than 2. When i try to delete the corrupting Core it says the item cannot be deleted. I would need the corrupting core to be deleted to progress.

pls herlp Vrakthris!!

1 Like

Did you get any assistance? the first GM i spoke with via live chat told me that after a faction change you need to do the faction quests before your able to open up the 8.3 content again. This was incorrect because I had already begun the quest-line before transfering. The second GM was able to see the problem and unstuck the quest for me.

Please open a ticket if you still need help with this Norbert.

1 Like

i am another player with the same issue as norbert and the gm’s say there is currently nothing they can do which doesnt help us that have faction changed as there is no current way for us to upgrade our cloaks because the corrupted cores cant be deleted and cant turn in the quest because we already have the item and no way for use to get the next step up quest.

word for word what a gm that answered my ticket said " I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to me about completing Reconstructing “The Curse of Stone”. I know it can be frustrating to reach out for assistance so thank you for being patient while we look into your situation.

We are aware of the situation you reported, but thank you anyways for bringing it to our attention. There is an active report open that we are looking into for this issue. We currently do not have any workarounds for the situation, but we do ask to make sure to bug report this so our developers and QA team have more data to work with."