*eyes turn black*

going to end up working all night alone at this rate

Don’t worry guys my black eyed Nelf rogue isn’t on WrA/for RP, you can rest easy… for now.

So are redheads. :woman_shrugging:

No one knows what it’s like
to be the bad elf
to be the sad elf
behind black eyes

6 Likes

Cut my Light into pieces

This is my heresy

1 Like

Fixed it for you. :blush:

They’re plausible enough explanations, but it would’ve been nice if it was just, y’know, explained in game. It’d take literally one line. Tyrande saying “i share this dank power with you sistas” or Maiev saying “oh wow my eyes are dark too since I was nearby and you dont even need a new model for me since I wear a hat at all times”.

But hey who doesn’t love yet another thing that we all need to develop headcanon to explain

1 Like

I lit an Acme Rocket and it blew up in my face

2 Likes

People need to stop using those things. You’d think that poor Coyote would’ve proven just how dangerous they were! Repeatedly!

I’d expect nothing else, Windcharger. :joy:

So why didn’t she do this Deviantart OC eye thingy during Legion? Do we only point out retcons being bad when it’s got something to do with the Horde or…? Like, how do things even work here anymore?

You, uh, don’t quite grasp the concept of a retcon, do you?

“(in a film, television series, or other fictional work) a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events, typically used to facilitate a dramatic plot shift or account for an inconsistency.”

Applying this, basically, to why the hell Tyrande didn’t use this for something earlier. Like when the Legion invaded. So yeah, I kind of do, before you get snide about it.

i kind of assumed tyrande knew that the ritual could only be used if there was literally no other way the kaldorei could survive, or something

that, or maybe she only rediscovered the ritual after legion? it’s supposed to be ancient even by nelf standards, which means it could predate the kaldorei empire as a whole

This isn’t a retcon. It isn’t changing anything in the past. It isn’t presenting an old situation in a new light just to modify the story going forward. This is some ~ancient secret~ that has been revealed and used as a progression of the story.

Is it silly? Sure. Is it a retcon? No.

An answer like this would have been better than a counterproductive slam on my knowledge of what a retcon is, thank you Targai.

It’s a legitimate question, since we were facing the most credible threat of annihilation yet at the hands of the Legion.

The difference is, I think, that Tyrande still felt she had something to live for (we got a whole annoying questline about it). The Night Warrior ritual is something that allegedly tears apart 99% of all applicants, so Tyrande didn’t want to risk it if there were other means of fighting off the Legion.

Considering that all of Azeroth was united against the threat, it feels like she had valid enough reason to assume there were.

But in Battle for Azeroth, Tyrande failed. She fled while her people burned. She spared Saurfang’s life and it cost her everything (or so she thinks). And likewise, the Alliance failed her. After so much aid sent to them, the boy-king who has consistently failed to fight back against a threat denied her.

Abandoned by her allies and plagued by her failures, Tyrande likely not only saw this as her last hope, but she genuinely didn’t care if she died while doing it. But since she lived, she’s out for blood.

2 Likes

Yeah this is also my interpretation. Better worded than I could have ever put it :+1:

I can’t believe Targai wants to make out with Enekie. ://////

1 Like

I feel as though the retcon label still applies, though to a lesser extent than what I previously thought, as there were never previous mentions of it being so much as an option for consideration in the plot. I feel like if this would have been glossed over in a Legion questline or an NPC conversation of some sort maybe I’d see it in a better light, but it just looks like a silly grab to salvage the night elves image as a warrior race that’s fallen by the wayside a lot in recent years. Maybe my interpretation of what applies is awfully rigid, but this sort of criticism comes at multiple angles of Blizzards writing and I feel strongly that it applies here too.

That and to me, it just looks…goofy and feels like an insincere step to progress the night elves story.