Exploration Mode

you got new cosmetics new mounts new titles new balance it may not seem like much but technically it counts.

3 mounts (vicious spider, vicious gorm, gladiator drake (+recolour)), 1 rank 1 gladiator title for the season that most people will never get, and 1 new arena since start of SL. Honor set is a recolour of questing set. Conquest set is a recolour of raid set. Elite set is a recolour of the recolour of raid set which is a recolour of torgast set. I will give you that we got a unique tabard… which again only a small fraction of pvpers will ever own

meanwhile rpers get korthia and the billion mounts from there :stuck_out_tongue:

so not really seeing the “give more rpers things to do because so much content is thrown at pvpers” is all

FFXIV has done this. They even made it so you can use your LB3 at will and spawn striking dummies to have things to hit. They did it so people could go in and take screenshots inside the instances, but I imagine people also use it for RP.

It’s a great feature. Would work fine in WoW, too! I don’t think it should be for open-world areas, but definitely anything instanced.

2 Likes

OP’s ask seems reasonable to me.

Just curious though, does anyone use those empty “islands” off of the SL zones? I was flying around yesterday and saw all these areas that look like they should be full of RPs doing stuff, but every one I few over was just empty. Seems like SL has a bunch of great RP spots compared to the last 2 expansions. I haven’t jumped in since 8.1… just curious I guess.

1 Like

Yes. And alternatively a pvp world where access is to all arenas and BGs with viewing areas.

Then, we all could watch the AWCs. Obviously not interfere.

And yes to a Second Life sandbox like area for RP.

Maybe every 6 hours it gets wiped clean

1 Like

Being phased into a city empty of all but other “Exploration Mode” people doesn’t sound very RP’ish.

I’d take it. That way people would not feel annoyed by Goldshire this or that.

Yeah but it breaks up the servers and the communities formed there. For instances sure, but the whole world is a bit odd as it begs the question as to what restrictions are put in place as a result. Do rares drop items in these phases?

It doesn’t break up RP. In fact, it creates more.

OP covered this. Nothing can be received it done in there to further anything. It’s simply a sandbox with nothing else. Nothing drops anything, nothing advances XP or quests or anything.

Hmmm… well, here’s another idea. What if it was JUST the group involved. Say a group is formed and you set the group into “RP Mode” or whatever. It’s only them in that instance. Not like Warmode where there’s other players. It’s literally just the people in the group. Alone. Like a dungeon.

I don’t think I’d be against that in that case. But I just wouldn’t like it on the same level as Warmode. Because in this scenario it’s temporary and not really something you can leave on and just exist in. Because I really like seeing others roleplay. I wouldn’t want them forced into this entirely separate shard. I’d like to still see them out and about.

I’m not sure I’m understanding what you’re meaning, so please correct me while I try to answer your question.

I never really explained how it’d function in instances while enabled. I feel, by default, it should phase you into your own version of the instance like it already does while in a group but adding on the functions of the mode. By this I mean, just like normal you’re only phased into the instance (raid/dungeon/etc.) with your group, but added on that you can run around with neutral NPCs or as mentioned have the option to instantly empty the instance if you’d prefer it that way.

A public version of each instance, with the forced option of it being cleared, could be nice though. That way larger than 40 participant events would be possible within instances.

As for zones, this would be 1 phase across the entire mode. NPCs set to neutral.

I’m not sure what you mean by “temporary and not really something you can leave on and just exist in” and that you want to be able to see others roleplay. Because it’d be one phase, everyone would likely use it for roleplay. What it sounds like you’re suggesting is that each group of players is in their own phase of this mode in the open world, which would just split people up more.

Disagree with this whole idea. The whole concept of RP is YOU make the content for yourself. If blizz started making official content for RP’rs, its no longer RP. Your being guided on what to do by the company and that kills what RP is.

This idea has nothing to do with the developers creating anything special for RP, it’s still the RP community creating things themselves. This is simply a suggestion to provide those players (not just RP but also PVE and PVP players) a method of entering phased content to play around in. There’s no guiding.

There’s no difference between what you’re saying and what I’m saying. All you want is for people to group first. Many will anyway.

Literally no one asked for RP content. It’s a phase of the world where everything is exactly the same, it’s just all neutral for a sandbox.

basically you just claimed that everything that is not specific to pvpers is automatically for rpers which just isnt the case I promise korthia was not made with rpers in mind. The closest thing I have seen that could be argued to be for rpers this expansion is character customization.

Not only is this a ridiculous idea, but it will absolutely NEVER happen.

2 Likes

Aren’t RP’ers also like 1/4 of a % of the population? Also most of those are hanging around in goldshire yiffing themselves silly.

PvP is a minigame attached to WoW, it should be given about as much attention as the Pokemon minigame tbh.

Depends on the GM, I run my games very open ended actually.

You know what, if you want this sort of open ended RP, I suggest RP servers be made neutral period, no transfers off RP servers, no XP gain, no cross realming, let players just set their levels and do whatever they want in a bubble where they can’t effect the rest of us.

And it wasn’t for pvpers either :stuck_out_tongue: i’m for more content for every group of players

I just disagree with his blizz giving pvp attention. Its a misconception from people who don’t pvp that a reskinned mount that ~2000 players will get is content. You will not find one positive thread about pvp since SL started

Don’t get me wrong, i’m glad its like that because it makes it special, but we’re equally neglected. The pvp talent “changes” we got in 9.0.5 we’re the equivalent of rpers getting glasses as far as meaningful goes

Wrong. Dumb things like that do on fact have an impact on us who don’t use them. You took resources away from things that could have used them in order to facilitate that.

That sounds like a lot of dev work for a very small portion of the playerbase.

I think part of having a good RP includes having to respect the rules of the world. AKA “this place is dangerous.” and “those guys totally hate us.”

Your request kind of seems like bowling with the bumpers up.