Exploration Mode

You RPers get back in Lion’s Pride inn before I get the broom again.

Who let them out?!

3 Likes

I think this is a pretty cool idea. I’d definitely enjoy the last part with the developer tools. Could be a big unique feature that WoW would have.

I’d really enjoy if blizzard had a small side developer team that could work on ideas like this rather than more raids / dungeons / pvp.

3 Likes

I’ve been wishing for something akin to this for a good while. Boralus was a BEAUTIFULLY decorated city, but with phasing how it is today, no one could interact with each other unless everyone got into a raid group. An RP dedicated phase would drastically help the rp community.

Even if it’s just reduced gains toward quest progress or otherwise, it’d be nice.

3 Likes

No.

No removing the life from the World and just using it as a backdrop.

No stinking orcs in Stormwind and no void elves tainting the sunwell in Silvermoon.

No easy dungeons and raids use. Want to use it, earn it. This is a game, not your personal sandbox.

Honestly, it is bad enough having the PvE folks trying to break and twist the game for their own self-indulgence, seeing a RPer try it just kills me.

Pen and paper fantasy rpgs do not work that way either. There is a game master that sets up and runs the world and there are challenges and goals just like WoW.

What they are looking for is a sandbox video game like Minecraft.

1 Like

I feel like this has been suggested before :thinking:

It has, a few times, because it’s a fantastic idea.

4 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: What life is there to speak of? Most of the world has been stuck in perpetual burning since cata. If the argument is that it disrupts the living and breathing world then the world actually has to be living and breathing first.

This I agree with, there shouldn’t be cross faction city chilling.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: It’s an area all the same, if anything being able to remove all NPCS from a dungeon or raid is just a QOL feature. There is no net gain in a physical reward from it so there really isn’t a reason to be against it other than “just because”

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: And what exactly is being broken? Logically speaking, flying is way more broken than this ever will be. It’s being able to utilize area’s in the game more sufficiently and effectively for players that want to.

4 Likes

I mean then this addition isn’t for you. There’s a lot of high level and competive things added all the time that dont effect rpers and casual players this is asking for the same thing just for the opposite.

5 Likes

This would probably be identical to warmode and probably would go even farther to phase them so you wouldn’t see them so it wouldn’t matter where they were.

2 Likes

If this were a thing seems like it should be like warmode and non warmode. People in exploration mode should be in their own mode only so you don’t see them running around in your opposing cities lol

1 Like

It will have exactly zero effect on me so I don’t have a problem with it just seems familiar.

1 Like

Wait what content did we get i missed it :joy:

5 Likes

Umm if your roleplay is accurate npc guards would attack you on sight not just say oh hey there how are you today Mr enemy come on in.

1 Like

It’s meant for RP, not gameplay.

Untrue. RP has been a solid part of this game since it existed. Blizz even changed phasing for RP realms to accommodate our events.

An option for RPers doesn’t break your normal gameplay.

None of your points are even valid. Because none of it affects your gameplay. I don’t agree with neutral cross faction, but being in a dungeon like Tol Barad to RP in the dungeon surrounded by prisoners and guards is immersive. Clearing it out so it’s empty isn’t.

Why does anyone need to “earn” the ability to RP? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What are you even talking about?

That’s exactly what OP is asking for already.

3 Likes

This would be why my main is a rogue. Very few things can keep me out of spots I want to be.

Actually, there is nothing stopping any character from entering into any city of the opposing faction. But if you want to stay very long, you should bring a lot of friends.

Yeah but it’s an MMO not a private server.

Well that was a nonsensical comment. That’s like saying we shouldn’t have Warmode because it’s not a private server. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Well my point is that Warmode is already bad enough as it is. We don’t need even more sharding.

We already have RP servers. Go use those. That’s the reason they’re there.

And you’ve entirely missed the point of the thread.

Good job.

If someone is RPing in Tol Barad, whether they’re in a different phase where NPCs are neutral is no concern of yours nor does it take away from your gameplay. It does, however, give all RPers a chance to be in the same phase cross server where they can RP in areas without having to kill mobs or worry about that or those who like to harass them.

And Warmode doesn’t negatively affect you either. As a matter of fact, Warmode helps you, because if you don’t want to deal with PvP, you don’t have to.

Choices that don’t break the lore don’t break the game. You don’t interact with those RPers anyway. If they want to hold an event in Kara with all of the dancing NPCs, that doesn’t even show up on your radar as an issue.

3 Likes