Exploration Mode

I’m not a huge fan of this idea. People can just as easily write something involving a personal place within WoW and it’d be fine as opposed to making something like Exploration Mode so people have a proxy within the game for use. Everybody RP’s differently, but I disagree with the notion we should just be able to turn the world / mechanics off when we feel like it.

And I love to RP and write, but I feel like this is asking too much. Just my personal take.

You got told to grind new gear.

1 Like

Oh, this old argument. :roll_eyes:

Yes. Another phase that has a switched flipped for NPCs to be neutral is taking away SO many resources for your gameplay.

Just because you don’t roleplay doesn’t make the idea dumb. I don’t dismiss PvP ideas just because I don’t PvP. Try to have some respect.

1 Like

Temporary in that it ends the moment the group does. It shouldn’t be something you can just leave on like Warmode. Even then I don’t like the idea as it still retracts from the MMO aspect of the game. RP servers are labeled as such specifically for the gripes you have, and yes even if areas are hostile, the solution shouldn’t be to just completely remove you from the game world or put you in this limbo state of the world. It just retracts from the game when you can just turn off all difficulty.

Yes but I don’t want this happening in mass. Hence why I think if this would happen, there needs to be a lot of restrictions to keep the amount of people doing this stuff at a minimum so as to not leave servers devoid of players. Warmode already feels empty enough.

yeah this is what the OP made me think of. its really nice to take screenshots and view the limit break 3s, that’s about it. but im sure its useful for some people so why not

2 Likes

*en masse

And I don’t see how this is going to be “en masse.” Warmode isn’t “en masse.” Servers won’t be devoid of people, just because a bunch want to go RP for an hour.

You can’t do anything else in this mode except RP.

If Warmode is empty, then your argument is moot. Because Exploration mode would be even more empty.

But… here’s a compromise: what if it was only old instanced content? Nothing new, just old from previous expansion and before? Make all of those have an exploration mode, where it’s neutral mobs that drop nothing? That way, it’s not the entire world.

2 Likes

I want this so bad.

1 Like

I would kill for this… what a good idea.

1 Like

Is it not the point of RP to make your own content? what am i missing here?

Autocorrect. Sorry I guess.

Warmode is devoid of people though. My point is that the game is an MMO, and there are RP realms for people who want to RP. It feels wrong to just add a toggle for someone to just make everything neutral and phase yourself out when this is supposed to be an MMO.

That’s why I’m more for a very limited sense of the feature, as I don’t think it should be promoted to the same scale as warmode. It shouldn’t just be what is essentially an entirely different server.

In my opinion, it should just be something like party sync, again, where it just ends the moment the party disbands. That being said I still think you should only be able to turn it on in Stormwind and Orgrimmar like Warmode.

Sure. Again I’m not fully against it, I just don’t want all the RPers to flock to and only play in this mode. Because I’m worried it will happen and a lot of the cool RP will just be shoved into an entirely separate phase. I like when it all overlaps. It makes the world feel more alive. (I know I sound a little like Blizz right now with trying to control how people play)

I don’t see myself utilizing this, but yea why not

The only thing I’d say is it should prevent you from attacking other npcs/players as well, since it could totally be abused otherwise

2 Likes

Translation: So I can come in from a non-RP server and be a public nuisance and spam toys such as the football, visual clutter toys ect.

2 Likes

The issue is that those people get griefed, don’t get quite the experience they’re looking for, etc.

It really doesn’t. An MMO doesn’t mean you have to be constantly surrounded by thousands of people you don’t know. Otherwise, raids and dungeons and five-man parties wouldn’t exist. And people won’t be alone if they go into this mode. Nor does it even affect people who don’t RP.

They can’t only play in that mode. All they can do there is RP. Nothing else. And whether they RP in some hut in the middle of nowhere where you don’t see them or RP in this mode where you don’t see them, it really doesn’t affect you.

2 Likes

Uh… no. Not at all. But you do you I guess.

I get that. But I don’t think the solution is just making them go into an entirely different world instance when this is just kind of what the game is like. A single group instance is fine though.

Just thought I’d bring this back to the forefront since I was reminded of it through a conversation over Discord.

1 Like

I’m certain this addition would spark massive changes in the RP community, and it’d be something everyone could find enjoyment and use in whether you RP or not.

2 Likes

I’d just like the bump this thread on the off chance a member of the community council with a desire to represent the RP community takes an interest in it.

2 Likes

No it doesnt.

You dont?

This is a grand idea. One worth them doing, which is why youll never see it happen.

2 Likes

They actually have this in an Assassins Creed game i played (Origins), you could activate this exploration/educational mode and stroll around different historical sites in ancient Egypt, it was really cool, there would be a glowing trail on the ground that you’d follow and when you arrive at locations of importance this NPC voice would tell you a bunch of facts about the location.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize my subjective opinion could be objectively wrong :rofl: