Experience Eliminated Aura

I’ve always felt that once the first toon levels through all the content in the expansion, similar to pathfinder, at that point they get a buff on all alts that increase xp like by 30 % for that same content also applying to reputation gains.

hey blizzard maybe look at why people want to get boosted. leveling in BFA not only sucks because you get weaker and gain NO abilities, but it’s also boring doing the same linear zone stories on every alt.

It doesn’t work this way. Only if you group with someone, then enter. The people who wind up in your group randomly will not be affected by the debuff.

Wow. What really awesome news. Seems blizz is fixing something that nobody is complaining about, and they are doing it quickly. Good for them.

Happened to see this post after riding around on my ground mount (through an area that should have flying by this point) into a pack of mobs that were too close to the road for me to avoid. After getting dazed repeatedly, I finally made it to the node I was going to mine only to watch it disappear halfway through the mining process and after I’d killed all those mobs that drew aggro on me with my stellar two button rotation.

Afterwards, I decided to come to the forums to see what other players were up to rather than trying to continue progressing into the disjointed story that is BFA. That’s when I saw this great news. But I can’t help wondering, is there any place else within the game this team could be applying needed changes?

Pfft. Nah.

1 Like

Blizzard has been treating symptoms instead of curing the cause of all the symptoms since TBC. This goes for many many aspects of this game. Its completely tone deaf and I think its rooted in their arrogance as developers for the content that they create. They inflate the greatness of their self-made content and can’t understand when people dislike it. Unfortunately, we’re so many expansions into this mindset that we are so far gone from any real fixes. This is the kind of stuff they do.

I suppose the only proper solution to hurt developers that their content is being skipped is to provide people with options to pay for max level boosts, thats a sufficient cure-all for terrible content.

2 Likes

F.

/10char

According to Blizz this shouldn’t be possible:

We’re at a point where this is on principle. It’s not recognizing all the issues with the game.

It’s a single fix to an obvious exploit, one fix will never solve every issue in the game.

Its a tone deaf solution to an inherent issue in the leveling design of the game. It also really isn’t an exploit since its a player option to turn off XP and people just doing normal gameplay.

Its a small cut in a dash of 1000 cuts. Sounds like you woke up daily cursing those 110 boosters though.

1 Like

I didn’t even know it was a thing until today, but anything that allows a level 110 character to repeatedly solo a BfA dungeon fast enough to boost a party member from 110 to 120 in 2 hours is very obviously not working as intended and is therefore clearly an exploit.

Should they fix the scaling so that you don’t grow weaker as you level? Absolutely, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t fix issues like this either. With the level squish that is almost certainly coming in 9.0 they will probably hold off on fixing the scaling issues until then since scaling will need to be adjusted for that as well and they would effectively be doing the same thing twice if they made changes now.

This is some aspect of the pact nonsense right here. I mean, sure, it wont happen to a rando, but lets say some dude is offering a tank spot for quick ques. You be like, ok and join up, only to realize the tank was trolling you and had his exp turned off without your knowledge. I mean, obviously its pretty easy to tell whether your getting trolled or not, but not in all cases. It could happen to anyone because im not always focused on who is inviting or who is getting invited into groups. It just means you have to extra precautions. Its just so stupid. While this change has its merits, it gives alot of freedom for players to troll others. I mean, or a group could just be missled by a person wanting to create a party out of the open while having his experience turned off without your knowledge. Something like, yo hey, anyone wanna run some wailing caverns with me or some dungeons in the mid 20s, and the person being invited accepts. He will lose experience and time due to the troll. This is really the only form of griefing/abuse i can see with this system currently. You lose time because you discover your losing exp and you bail the dungeon, and lose 30 mins.

You want twinks to have to queue in separate queues for dungeons? Why?

To the poster above me:

If someone offers to level another player for a price, and they don’t level because they have the xp off debuff, it’s pretty clear that all they have to do is not pay them. So it won’t be a problem at all.

This garbage is definitely broken.

Just left a group with someone with XP off, which left me with a 5 minute debuff.

Completed all of Gun’drak (w/o said XP eliminated toon) in LFG and gained next to no XP w/ the debuff never ticking down.

So just logging off I guess until debuff clears itself somehow.

What an asinine change that no one asked for. Meanwhile, trade chat is still full of Norma/Heroic/Mythic carries … because somehow that’s not less detrimental to the game.

The devs seriously need to pull their head out of their sun don’t shine locations.

Just use a 120 dh to do freehold carries, lol

Not sure you read the post at all or frankly understand what is happening at all.

After 30 minutes the debuff still hasn’t worn off. So presumably you have to be logged on and stay outside of an instance in order for it to tick down.

These devs if they are going to put garbage systems into the game should definitely at least bother testing them even once.

Not like this is some “edge” use-case.

They don’t get paid enough for that.

Maybe? Or maybe they shouldn’t have let them all go earlier this year.

None of this makes sense. Why would anybody pay someone to power level them when you can boost your toon for 60 bucks? Not only is there a free boost with bfa, the heirlooms make leveling a complete breeze and are easily obtainable.

Leveling has already been gutted. Power leveling is a non-issue.

Why are they punishing people who want to enjoy low lvl content through forced isolation?