Experience Eliminated Aura

Like I said, they aint paying me. But its clear the current stuff doesn’t work and its just being forced. Classic had it right but then the game became end-game centric. So its just a joke we’re here 15 years later and they’re trying to restrict people from bypassing their awful leveling too quickly. Its tone deaf.

I mean lets be honest, they add 10 levels now and we get nothing new… look at BFA. Sick 10 more levels just so we can say its a new xpac. They’re irrelevant.

I’m kinda glad their trying to make the levelling experience matter again, having 90% of your world content be basically pointless isn’t healthy.

Though for me personally, I would rather them pull another Cataclysm and update the entire game (pre-WoD) again to:

• Make levelling in every zone in the game on par (or better than) Legion or BfA, with flexible level scaling allowing for tons of variety.

• Have every zone be used in max-level content in some way or another, ether thru WQ’s and Emissaries, or thru another means.

Tons of modern MMO’s succeed in making the entire game relevant to a max level player, and with WoW having the largest open world of any MMO it’s a no brainer imo.

Plus with Classic coming out, and the potential for expansions, I hope that means they can make more drastic changes to the old world for the sake of gameplay as opposed to keeping super old area’s and assets for historical or nostalgic reasons. Because a lot of the older zones (especially pre-Cata stuff) looks terrible by modern standards, at least when it comes to model fidelity and texture resolution.

1 Like

How have they done this other than slowing the leveling experience?

Entirely agree. Making all the content pointless every six months with a new patch still astonishes me. Its also a reason why their game is dieing but I don’t want to get off topic.

1 Like

Oh boy, time to get a tank and a healer with EXP off and just go through queues and put DPS in endless 30 minute waits.

Not really. Blizzard. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! I’m one of the DPSes who’re gonna get this!

1 Like

Level scaling is the most prominent example, and it’s the single best thing to happen to levelling since, well, ever.

Granted you are correct that levelling is slower, and I do agree that it’s a tedious slog because levels aren’t as gratifying as they were before (combined with the 60-80 tier being hot garbage imo), and as someone who’s seen nearly every levelling zone available it’s terrible overall.

But I believe the changes were getting atm are the groundwork for a massive overhaul in the next expansion, since a levelling overhaul that includes zone reworks is expansion tier, not patch tier imo.

You mean like PVP and simply destroy twinks in their entirety?

Instead of focusing twinks focus on the bigger picture. Blizzard are not just slowing us down in levelling, they are slowing us down in every single aspect of every single thing we try and do to speed things up.

Anyone remember Bear Tartare? We used it to speed through old content rather than use it only on new content, so what did they do, nerf it into uselessness to the point no one used it. And what did that do, nothing but stop us from even bothering with xmog farming like we used to.

Stop placing a stop sign at every single turn just to turn us into lemmings and force us into your style of play and the way you want us to do things. We think outside the square to make it work differently and you don’t like it, but bad luck, the more changes you make to ruin our fun the more players will leave.

Fun detected, must nerf.

It is not a phrase used jokingly, it is the damn truth about how you run this company and make the game not fun to play. I don’t want to have to spend 30 minutes in queue to find out I will get no XP for this run, I don’t want to have to spend an hour traversing through Hellfire Citadel just to continually miss out on the one item I need from the second last boss.

We want to enjoy ourselves.

Forcing us to either pick between endless WF/TF hopes in M+ or go back to old content to farm xmog and mounts just because we are moving to fast for you is stupid.

We all get it, you want us to go as slow as possible, it was 1000% evident when you attempted to completely remove flying, but instead of slowly changing the landscape to slow us down over time you throw a spanner in the works and force us to move at a snails pace overnight, that ruins the fun and does nothing but force us to leave.

So onto OP’s and pretty much everyone’s topic at hand, slowing down our XP gains. The issue here, the main and always problematic issue especially with this expac is that we need to have x number of classes of our own to ensure when the raid needs it we have it.

My guild got to mythic King’s, our main tank being a warrior had to swap to his DK as it was better suited to the fight, it would have been ideal if we had a paladin tank instead as that is the best setup for that fight, but that would mean either finding another person who just sits on the bench until that specific boss fight, or someone levelling yet another class.

It is the same in M+, reaping is better suited to prot warriors, but certain dungeons are not, ML you take a warrior, for KR you take a DK, for Waycrest you take a paladin (an example) and so on. For the optimal clear and best chance to time a 10+ you need certain classes and specs and if you do not have that you miss out.

You want us to slow down the levelling, but at the same time make the game to the point if we want progression we need to level multiple classes. How about instead of trying to keep us grounded for as long as possible you balance the game so we can play one main class, not 4.

I currently have a DK, priest and rogue, my DK and priest have AZ for tank/heal and DPS, that gives me 5 options to work with. Unless we get a single character with multiple classes, that is just ridiculous, since when did this game change from one main and 4 alts to 5 mains? And by slowing down our levelling we are only going to slow down our guilds progress, and since there are only a dozen alliance guilds with 2/2M CoS it is not going to look good.

And than there is this. Do you guys seriously only look at one issue and attempt to break it or do you actually discuss what could happen with the rest of your game before it is broken?

Does this only effect premade groups or will it spill over into random groups? Because if this effects random groups, its going to cause ALOT of grief and problems for players. I think Blizz should just leave this as it was. No need to drag random players into this as well.

1 Like

I’ve always felt that once the first toon levels through all the content in the expansion, similar to pathfinder, at that point they get a buff on all alts that increase xp like by 30 % for that same content also applying to reputation gains.

hey blizzard maybe look at why people want to get boosted. leveling in BFA not only sucks because you get weaker and gain NO abilities, but it’s also boring doing the same linear zone stories on every alt.

It doesn’t work this way. Only if you group with someone, then enter. The people who wind up in your group randomly will not be affected by the debuff.

Wow. What really awesome news. Seems blizz is fixing something that nobody is complaining about, and they are doing it quickly. Good for them.

Happened to see this post after riding around on my ground mount (through an area that should have flying by this point) into a pack of mobs that were too close to the road for me to avoid. After getting dazed repeatedly, I finally made it to the node I was going to mine only to watch it disappear halfway through the mining process and after I’d killed all those mobs that drew aggro on me with my stellar two button rotation.

Afterwards, I decided to come to the forums to see what other players were up to rather than trying to continue progressing into the disjointed story that is BFA. That’s when I saw this great news. But I can’t help wondering, is there any place else within the game this team could be applying needed changes?

Pfft. Nah.

1 Like

Blizzard has been treating symptoms instead of curing the cause of all the symptoms since TBC. This goes for many many aspects of this game. Its completely tone deaf and I think its rooted in their arrogance as developers for the content that they create. They inflate the greatness of their self-made content and can’t understand when people dislike it. Unfortunately, we’re so many expansions into this mindset that we are so far gone from any real fixes. This is the kind of stuff they do.

I suppose the only proper solution to hurt developers that their content is being skipped is to provide people with options to pay for max level boosts, thats a sufficient cure-all for terrible content.

2 Likes

F.

/10char

According to Blizz this shouldn’t be possible:

We’re at a point where this is on principle. It’s not recognizing all the issues with the game.

It’s a single fix to an obvious exploit, one fix will never solve every issue in the game.

Its a tone deaf solution to an inherent issue in the leveling design of the game. It also really isn’t an exploit since its a player option to turn off XP and people just doing normal gameplay.

Its a small cut in a dash of 1000 cuts. Sounds like you woke up daily cursing those 110 boosters though.

1 Like

I didn’t even know it was a thing until today, but anything that allows a level 110 character to repeatedly solo a BfA dungeon fast enough to boost a party member from 110 to 120 in 2 hours is very obviously not working as intended and is therefore clearly an exploit.

Should they fix the scaling so that you don’t grow weaker as you level? Absolutely, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t fix issues like this either. With the level squish that is almost certainly coming in 9.0 they will probably hold off on fixing the scaling issues until then since scaling will need to be adjusted for that as well and they would effectively be doing the same thing twice if they made changes now.

This is some aspect of the pact nonsense right here. I mean, sure, it wont happen to a rando, but lets say some dude is offering a tank spot for quick ques. You be like, ok and join up, only to realize the tank was trolling you and had his exp turned off without your knowledge. I mean, obviously its pretty easy to tell whether your getting trolled or not, but not in all cases. It could happen to anyone because im not always focused on who is inviting or who is getting invited into groups. It just means you have to extra precautions. Its just so stupid. While this change has its merits, it gives alot of freedom for players to troll others. I mean, or a group could just be missled by a person wanting to create a party out of the open while having his experience turned off without your knowledge. Something like, yo hey, anyone wanna run some wailing caverns with me or some dungeons in the mid 20s, and the person being invited accepts. He will lose experience and time due to the troll. This is really the only form of griefing/abuse i can see with this system currently. You lose time because you discover your losing exp and you bail the dungeon, and lose 30 mins.