Expand beard options to lady dwarves / dark Iron dwarves

I just started doing it recently and it really is fabulous. Unfortunately, if they get quoted, the software does not block it.

3 Likes

or if they swap characters

4 Likes

But “it ruins the immersion in the fantasy” so it shouldn’t be allowed.

Oh wait YOU don’t have an issue with it and it’s cute and doesn’t go against archaic conservative sociabilities (sp?) so that’s allowed even though sure as hell isn’t canon, but beards … That’s just crossing the line! Got it.

Does the ‘always well fed’ racial mean they can’t drink either???
No marvelous Horde side Dwarven ales in the works? No cozy taverns where Dwarves of all kinds can down a pint together???

Earthen beer, if they can drink, should be stout, dark and earthy…drunk with a full, frothy head that sticks to your mustache.

1 Like

This is one of the reason I wish the WOW forums just used our BattleTag, like the Diablo and Overwatch forums, instead of individual characters.

3 Likes

I have been really good till the last two days of just putting people on ignore, but there is something about this topic that has really gotten under my skin (haha) and I am having a hard time letting it go.

1 Like

You never gone and got a hair cut or brushed your hair?

3 Likes

I dont know if the racial gets in the way of actually drinking in game drinks.
But earthen do have their own alcohol and brewery.
The cinderbrew meadery is even a dungeon.

So rest assured, theyre alcoholics too haha

3 Likes

i never said bunny ears ruin my immersion, in fact, i find them to be quite enjoyable and helps me enjoy the fantasy even more :slight_smile:

Guess not? o.O

2 Likes

Whhhoooooooosh :person_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I just remembered that there’s someone at Blizz who was quoted talking about how the spirit world when you die was designed that way because the original devs liked the way it looked in LotR, but I can’t find the source to bring to this thread. Anyway, if anyone really wants to, you can dig that up for the defense of WoW’s inspiration coming from Tolkien (and how it relates to dwarven beards).

2 Likes

What does that have to do with what I asked? Because people do their hair? Can a bald person just go and choose to grow hair? No they cant.

With suppliments or surgery, yeah. There is a lot of things random people have that sometimes just needs a boost. Edit: sometimes just stress causes this! So being more relaxed returns hair growth!

Did you know being lactose intolerant is how the body typical is supposed to operate? We humans just love dairy too much that we have kept on the hormone that is supposed to turn off in a partial count of the population!

I would have disagreed if they hadn’t removed the initial insults being flung around that actually lead to the mess, but they did. Though it seems they missed one…

So no they cant choose to grow hair.

I cant choose my eye color, it is what it is, I cant choose my skin color, its not some fashion accessory, I cant choose my nose shape, I cant choose how tall I am. Trying to compare these to bunny ears in game is just a bad argument on the face of it.

Do I get my hair cut? Yes. Its not for any fashion sense though.

is there a female dwarf in game with a beard?

I am joining convo late so I don’t have all the context but I know of the mentionings in lore books.

No. Not a single one.

There is literally nothing wrong with giving female dwarves beards.

Should Warcraft seek to differentiate itself from Tolkien more often than not? Yes. But dwarf ladies having beards is just funny and more of a reference than directly copying.

2 Likes

Yup… soft lizard.

1 Like