Expand beard options to lady dwarves / dark Iron dwarves

No, I am saying you chosing to gatekeep others shouldn’t be allowed at all, especially when the request is modest and has no impact to you or your game play.

3 Likes

Even if we give full benefit of the doubt and include the book and the joke quest text, thats still a grand total of like 3 references and all from 20+ years ago.

At its very best, its dubious.

For a race thats been in wow since day 1, if it was an actual part of the canon, you would think you wouldnt have to go back 20 years to find a slight mention.

It seems like they might have toyed with the idea when they were setting up the universe, but dropped it pretty quickly if so.

As for expanding and making new lore?
Lets see how our new earthen relate to dwarves.
If theyre the same as the ones dwarves came from, yeah the doors open to some retcons.

actually it does. when players are allowed to use customizations that are not canonical to Warcraft, it can lessen the immersion experience of the rest of the playerbase.

2 Likes

Oh Doobly, you don’t get to decide on what is canon, especially when you haven’t proven it to not be canon.

So, want to back up that it is not canon or do you want to admit that you are entirely wrong, and admit it doesn’t effect you or your gameplay?

1 Like

I’ma say it again, I want to see the same trolls who hate female dwarf beards get mad about troll beards or undead beards. Otherwise, it’s just bigotry and not worth the argument. Blizz also won’t cater to bigotry, they’ve made it very clear they’re moving away from that.

7 Likes

Moritz already explained that.

1 Like

Then neither do you so you cant say a quest that no longer exists and a book that wasnt written by Blizzard is canon. You havent proven its canon.

Alright… what do you mean by gameplay? You throw this word around which has different meaning to different people. Do you just mean playing the game or just very specifically raiding, M+ and PvP… if you just mean that then why does it matter to you what your character looks like?

1 Like

i genuinely see no issue with beards on male trolls or male undead characters, that seems perfectly fine to me.

2 Likes

Why would we? Those actually exist within the universe. You can actually show it. Where are the dwarven female beards at?

You like to throw around the buzzwords that have lost all meaning with how much they are used now… show bearded dwarven women… go on… Ill wait.

1 Like

Can’t wait for beards on female dwarves in the future then.

6 Likes

The general number for women with clinically diagnosed facial hirsutism is reported to be 5-10%. However. Keep in mind that is ONLY for women who actively seek medical treatment via a medical provider for their facial hair. The numbers of women who don’t seek professional consultation and utilize over the counter products such as razors, nair, at home Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) or epilation treatment are not statistically counted by the medical community or tracked.

5 Likes

Don’t bother replying to them. They’re just bigots and they’re trying to stop people from having more options to represent themselves.

8 Likes

Happy 1000 comments :slight_smile:

Didnt think a thread about beards would reach that number within a single day.
Thats impressive :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think this is the biggest thread I’ve ever had happen lol

7 Likes

Thank you for your support for beard customizations for the other two dwarven women

2 Likes

Yeah kinda crazy how it blew up.
But the good part is, it pretty much guarantees blizzard will have noted the request.

5 Likes

true lady dwarf warriors have beerds

8 Likes

Although I have selected part of their quote, the statement is just a general public service announcement. Facial hair, to the point of full growing beards are a thing that regularly happens. It’s not a rare or unique thing, it’s just socially instilled in us to groom and deal with hair to conform to norms of beauty. Half of us don’t even think about it as a health concern, no more than we do about shaving off hair from other areas of our being.

We’re as comfortable with our lady beards as people are with balding. It’s just socially made awkward because we have a bias “PrEtTy PeOpLe ArE nIcE.”

Morality has an aesthetic limit. Kill a spider and you’re a hero. Kill a butterfly and you’re a monster.

7 Likes

How nice of you… just calling people bigots and transphobes all the time.

2 Likes

The book, even though the people using it doesnt actually care what it says, says that dwarven women with beards are extremely rare. Kind of defeats the rarity if its not rare.