Expand beard options to lady dwarves / dark Iron dwarves

Nope, would be a recessive gene from their ancestors who did have them resurging!

So spontaneously growing beardsā€¦ no. If they always had beards then that is a whole different thing than them not having beards and then trying to force it in.

Please refer to book references and links above in the OP that I added in.

3 Likes

Of course Fuzzy does. But he isnā€™t the one thatā€™s trying to keep an option from happening. You donā€™t like facial hair on Lady Dwarves then donā€™t make one. We like it, we would like the option to do so.

Your gotcha wasnā€™t quite the gotcha you thought it was, because Fuzzy isnā€™t trying to limit options or make everyone conform to your sensibilities.

3 Likes

I looked at the quest and its an insult to his cousin, and im not buying that book that is talking about how a group of people freed Alexstrasza and the thing you are pointing to is most likely 100% taken out of context.

Until you can actually show me where dwarven women have had beards, then they havent. None of this ā€œblizzard has been lazy for 10 expansions but dwarven women really do have beards!ā€. No they dont.

Also for what itā€™s worth to the delicate sensibilities of some people who want women and men to adhere to strict guidelines they think women and men should all belong to ā€¦ I hate to break it to you, but women have facial hair. Most women do ridiculous things to get rid of it and make themselves ā€œpresentableā€, but we all have it and it gets darker and thicker and harder to tame as we grow older.

6 Likes

I did. Sorry that you do not want to take it for what it is.

/shrug

There was also that unreleased game that would have been cannon but it got scrapped. I believe it was called Warcraft Adventures and it was referenced in hereā€¦ somewhere I believe.

But hereā€™s the thing, Iā€™m asking for the customization option to be expanded and if they do they do if they donā€™t they donā€™t. Itā€™s just a suggestion.

Oh Iā€™ve gotten to the point of just letting it grow out. I got longer side burns than most men do lol

3 Likes

But they dont have beards.

No you quite literally didnt. Sorry that you think you have, but presenting nothing as evidence is still nothing.

Not to mention the book stats that dwarven women that have beards are rare, but that book was written by someone who wanted to write Tolkien and not really WoW. He didnt really know what was going on within the WoW universe. The only thing from that story that became canon was the rescue of Alexstrasza and that might not even be canon anymore.

Added, not expanded. Expanded would be increasing the number of beard options, not introducing a new option entirely.

In YOUR OPINION they donā€™t. But they do as has been proven by the proof submitted.

But one can never argue with people who put their fingers in their ears and say ā€œnot uhā€ no madder what proof you show (this has been proven over and over and over for the last 8 years)

But how about this, we get CUSTOMIZATIONS and you choose NOT to customize??

Btw - all women have facial hair

4 Likes

but letting other players have customizations that arenā€™t canonical to Warcraft can ruin playersā€™ immersion and gameplay experience.

1 Like

Expanded from one dwarven race to the other dwarven races.

So one part of the book, to you, is cannonā€¦ but other parts are not.

Uh yeah we can have beards lol

And it ainā€™t no little but of fuzz either itā€™s curly full blown facial hair thick enough to be a beard.

2 Likes

Sadly, many of our beauty and gender values are simply due to marketing. exampleā€“From The Smithsonian :

ā€˜American beauty standards and practices for women were also affected by the innovation and marketing of the safety razor. Beginning in the early twentieth century, manufacturers of safety razors, seeking to expand their market, promoted the idea that body hair on women is inherently masculine and indelicate, as well as unhygienic. Gillette introduced the first razor marketed specifically to women, called the Milady Decollette, in 1915. In the 1920s, the new fashion for sleeveless tops and short dresses meant that the legs and armpits of American women were now visible in social situations, and advertisers seized the opportunity to encourage women to shave their legs and their armpits.ā€™

Also, numerous articles site studies showing that up to 40% of women after menopause have increased facial hair. So, I do not think lady dwarves with beards is so out of line as to be upsetting people.

2 Likes

I have a nice peach fuzz ā€¦ I guess itā€™s more of a goatee right now rather than a beard. It hasnā€™t filled out down along the jaw line, but itā€™s a loosing battle and it just a matter of time.

3 Likes

Mine if I just let it go turns to full blown beard. I have blond hair so it isnā€™t as easy to see but yeah.

https://i.imgur.com/1jqpiMC.png

Itā€™s a little old but hereā€™s a picture. Iā€™ve shaved it since then (hubby didnā€™t care for it) but we came to a compromise of myself keeping the side burns. That was about maybeā€¦ a month to 2 months of letting it go out?

3 Likes

ok but just because something could possibly exist in the real world doesnā€™t mean that it is a requirement to add it to World of Warcraft, right?

1 Like

Not right and you can shoo.

I still donā€™t get how you keep getting off my ignore.

7 Likes

No, they factually dont.

Then where are they all? If its so common and widespread why cant anyone actually point to a single dwarven woman and say ā€œSEE! TOLD YOU!ā€ Its either a fisherman insulting his cousin basically saying shes ugly and smelly but the fish dont care, or something hidden in some book from 2001 and the guy didnt know about Warcraft lore and the only thing to survive from that was the rescue of Alexstrasza.

Then show some bearded dwarven womenā€¦ where are they?

How about this, stop trying to ruin peoples immersion by changing stuff.

BTW, they dont have beards.

Earthen are not Dwarves, they are earthen.

To me? No, to WoW.

No, women do not have beards.

2 Likes

Did you see the picture I linked?

Iā€™m pretty sure that throws that argument out of the window. Thatā€™s me btw :3

So you believe what is and isnā€™t cannon even though the books are said to be cannon. /shrug

Earthen dwarves.

4 Likes

I actually think its quite distinguished looking. But maybe it was the look you weā€™re giving. Either way, I liked it Lol!

Mine is darker, as I have dark brown/black hair; and I have one that grows longer than any other and faster at the corner of my mouth that I swear is trying to turn me into a mustache twirling evil baron.

1 Like

I wonder if it would get think enough to braid some jewelry or such into it? Just imagine if the tick tock girls all started doing it!
Free the beard!!
Starting with Dwarves!

2 Likes