Exclude the twinks from normal que if this change goes through

Which part? The part that says twinks can queue with regular players in pvp?

2 Likes

Why does it have to be a decked out character carrying your friend? Level with them playing the more difficult roles while they learn. Heirlooms keep you as geared as you need to be.

The claim was they can no longer assist their friends. That is incorrect. You just can’t carry them as easily.

I can’t create any new characters on my account, but I could run dungeons on my level 60…

3 Likes

Yeah, me too. Playing since 2004 and having attachment to characters makes it hard

Nice. They still need their own queue in BGs, etc. I don’t want to play against people who cheat using this. Let them play each other.

3 Likes

Don’t twinks already have their own ques? So I heard already.

Ok, so all my various XP locked tanks can’t group with friends or community members without penalizing them? The whole reason I made them?

And what about a group that starts by group finder entirely (with 1 xp locked player), but then after running together decide they wish to keep the team together and run more dungeons together? Wouldn’t that no reduce xp to 5%?

AKA the exact opposite thing players having been asking MORE not LESS community?

Instead, what about a diminishing returns on XP per hour earned in dungeons/islands, at a rate that would really only affect people chain running with decked out characters? But high enough to be comparable to average Heirloom equipped pug?

This doesn’t hurt people running with friends, and most hurts people who are boosting others, what they are allegedly targeting.

3 Likes

You realize if Blizz actually announced/ communicated plans and such instead of leaving PTR people to find “surprises” like this, alot of hype and naysaying wouldn’t happen right?

Your company stated they would communicate better, and yet this whole debacle happened because a lack of it, again.

22 Likes

That is still an instance group not a pre-made party.

1 Like

And how many times have you done this? If I did this every time I played with a friend I’d have well over 50 alts by now.

2 Likes

With one friend we have probably made like 10 characters together between the two factions. Another friend like 3 or 4. And that’s on top of my like 10-15 characters I level without friends.

And I still have room for more.

So you actually do the “only play together” thing with your friends alts? fair enough.

My preference is to just dip in with whatever character I have that’s in the same level bracket and maybe run a dungeon or two. My experience has been that if you “make a toon with your friend to level” what will usually happen is that someone will just level ahead and it won’t work. I don’t bother to even propose this idea anymore.

2 Likes

So, were there a lot of players complaining about XP off characters doing…whatever it is they’re doing…to precipitate this change? Or is this just more of the dev’s hubris and Blizzard saying “play the game the way we want you to play it, because reasons, boosts and TPM/MAU”?

Genuinely curious here, because I truly don’t understand this change. What negative effects result from these players who have XP off? And if these negative effects—whatever they are—have been ongoing for years, why suddenly “fix” the issue?

Kinda seems like there ought to be bigger fish to fry and holes in the ship to plug than something like this. ¯\(ツ)

6 Likes

Anyone who wouldn’t focus game design around maximizing profits was probably fired or quit.

7 Likes

Probably someone was streaming it. that’s always a safe bet.

1 Like

They are trying to stop the lvl from 110-120 in less than 3 hours nonsense. Which I can understand to an extent.

Their implementation is horrible though. It’s solving one problem, but creating 3 new ones.

Honestly I wouldn’t even expect this to make it to live. And if it does, hoo boy. You think GD is exploding now?

3 Likes

That’s a shame. I was hoping to add some rage whispers to my collection.

2 Likes

Part of me would think the rage whispers to be hilarious, but it would still suck getting kicked over and over

why not address the issue at hand instead of nerfing the communities work around, with only three zones and 4 dungeons. lvling is a drag in BFA

edit: for those saying “it only takes a few hours” yes but again with only 3 zones and 4 dungeons it gets repetitive even quicker then previous expansions.

8 Likes

Everyone knows that is WAY too much work for blizzard