Exact end date of season 4?

there was a blue post saying that season 4 would end “soon”.

there was a blue post explaining that pre-patch event would go live on july 23rd.

but there was never a post expressly stating the exact end date of season 4.

if next tuesday is the end of season 4, could we get a confirmation on that?

if next tuesday is not the end of season 4, could we get a confirmation on that?

8 Likes

There is literally 0 chance of Season 4 extending beyond the 23rd. Too much changes including class design. And I don’t think they’ve ended a season on a random day such as a Friday.

Also SL → DF Pre Patch was the same, season ended on pre-patch day.

But yeah, it is weird that they posted a “season end date soon”, 2 days later posted the confirmed pre-patch date, and still haven’t officially dated the end of season.

4 Likes

Just going to link my post with my thoughts on what they means about Season 4 ending.

But essentially, when the season “ends” the only thing likely going away are the competitive rewards such as the 0.1% M+ Title, AoTC and Cutting Edge. KSM and the portals, as well as the Awakened Hero title, and Wilderling Mount will likely still be obtainable until August 20th, the week TWW goes live.

They’d be fools to completely end the season and deactivate awakened a month before the expansion launch.

4 Likes

If I had to hazard a guess, I would think Remix and S4 end the same day.
(we already know when Remix is ending)

1 Like

thank you for the reply but i don’t want a guess, i wanted an exact confirmation. (the same type of confirmation that we have always gotten weeks in advance of the season’s closing date)

1 Like

Did we get such an advanced confirmation notice about the end of SL S4?

yes we did.

we get an advanced notification of the season’s end date every single season.

3 Likes

I know the usual seasons do, because there’s another season they have starting.
That’s why I asked specifically about the end of Shadowlands Season 4, which is the only previous time we’ve had a season where a new raid is not added.

yes here is the blue post confirming the end date of shadowlands season 4

Shadowlands Season 4 Ending Soon - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

the wowhead page was written on october 11, 2023 and the end date was october 25, 2023.

Shadowlands Season 4 Ending on October 25th - Wowhead News

we had a full two weeks notice before the end of season 4 in shadowlands.

and if this season is to end at the start of the pre-patch, then we have less than a week without a concrete confirmation.

2 Likes

Which SL S4 ending was 1 month before DF launched and the only stuff that went away was the competitive rewards. All other rewards (Mount from Normal Fated Raids, Title from Heroic Fated Raids, Portals from Mythic Fated Raids, KSM, KSH and Dungeon Teleports didn’t stop until the week DF launched.

If you’re not going for the 0.1% title or pvp rewards, then you still have plenty of time, and more opportunities for the raids as they will all be awakened with PrePatch.

1 Like

Season 4 doesn’t have AOTC or CE.

Can’t you still get the Fyrakk AoTC achievement, tho?

no u cannot… u can get the AOTC mount but not the AOTC achievement nor cutting edge

2 Likes

Got it.

So really, the only thing going away with the Season ending is the 0.1% title, then.

also pvp rewards

1 Like

Yeah, and pvp crap too. I never think about pvp.

No, we also lose the ability to do the original versions of the bosses, which makes getting everyone their Fyrrak mounts (which CE guilds from season 3 are STILL working on) much more of a hassle.

yes this as well - running pug groups for mythic fyrakk on non-fated weeks will end with season 4 end date as well.

1 Like

It’s annoying to have gotten Cutting Edge in season 3, but because the seasons are so short, and you only get 2 mounts per week, to still not have the mount.

I just got mine last week, but we still have more people left to go.

They really need to tie the mount to the Cutting Edge achievement, like they do for M+ and AOTC and PvP rewards. CE raiding is the only part of the game that’s still “you did the content! - now farm up the reward for months”.

2 Likes