Evoker tanks?

I wonder if they will add a tank spec for evoker ? Seems like a lot of people on warcraft twitter are asking for it . Would be cool . Thoughts ? I would definitely play a black dragon tank .

12 Likes

I think they gave an answer to maybe in the future?

But if you ask me, it’s one of those answers to make you forget about it so they don’t have to address it ever again.

lmao.

Edit: They said no, whoops.

8 Likes

Oh I didn’t know that . Was it one of the interviews ?

I honestly with they would have. We only have one tank with a ranged dps spec. Would have been nice to have another.

3 Likes

Wait, I was wrong.

“Dracthyr Tank spec is unlikely. This is a spellcaster class at its core. The class is initially only going to have two specializations, but if they do have a third, ranged dps and healer is where they’re focused.”

https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragonflight-developer-roundtable-with-ion-hazzikostas-and-steve-danuser-326869

Sorry.

lmao.

Plus, you know, being a dragon tank would have been awesome in its own right.

6 Likes

Unlikely doesn’t mean no . But they probably will never add it . I guess it’s to hard to picture a dragon tanking lol ? So odd . I feel like they missed the ball big time on this race/class combo thing

2 Likes

I really want an Evoker tank option…I just love dragon tank fantasies.

7 Likes

Same ever since playing dragon knight in dota 2

3 Likes

Major tank shortage, worse than ever before in the history of the game. So what does Blizzard do? They add in a new class… that cant tank. Even though every dragon throughout all of lore has been stated as having armor tougher than the hardest steel.

4 Likes

The last 3 classes added (Death Knight, Monk and DH) all had tank spec.

We don’t need another

Adding another class with a tank spec won’t fix a tank shortage…

8 Likes

But will make it worse, adding a new tank might not make a lot of people wanna tank, but having a whole race that can’t tank will sure as hell make some people drop their tanks to play it.

3 Likes

Which changes nothing.

You’re still gonna have the same amount of tanks in a “tank shortage” lol

Also not sure where this tank shortage stuff comes from, unless you’re queueing for LFR and Random Dungeons and complaining about wait times

2 Likes

Granted I would be ok with Dracthyr getting access to at least Warrior so we can have a tank option for the race.

I just wanna tank as a draaaaaaaaaaaagon.

4 Likes

Or make it even worse in the long run.

1 Like

I knew if I made 30 or so accounts it would help this cause! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I agree, I think it would be cool as heck.

It would have been nice to finally get a mail tank class.

But we already have DK, Warrior, Paladin, Druid, DH and Monk that is 6 classes that can already tank

A dragon that cannot tank is an oxymoron and Blizzard knows it. The new class is going to be very popular. My research shows even more so than the DH were when they were first released. Also, cant compare monk and DK and DH and Evoker. Monks are not a hero class. The others are.

It is a new awesome dragon race. Blizz should have given shamans a tanking spec, or just turned enh into tank. And then also given Evoker a tanking spec. Doing that right there would fix the tanking problem for good.

2 Likes

Yes and no.
If people like the fantasy of that new tank spec, they will give it a try.

3 Likes

NGL I would rather they don’t. Every new class that has been released is a tank. Making more tanks doesn’t fix the tanking issue and I’m tired of every new class being such.

Instead how about we let another class do tank duties that have done it in the past? Like shaman (earth focus) or Warlock. Both were ran as offtanks before and giving them that back would, in my opinion be ideal instead of forcing the every new class created to tank.

2 Likes