Evoker tanks?

Ion said it was a possibility in the future but honestly it was a save-face response to keep positivity for DF instead of a negative response that would make less people buy it. No, they will never tank or melee, they will simply “forget” and say “it was a maybe”.

Only at the beginning, then the people who prefer melee/tank won’t bother with it afterwards.

It’s so cringe when people say we don’t need it . Why not? it’s a video game . It’s fun to have new classes that can do multiple roles . Having a tank spec isn’t going to ruin the game it just adds variation more choice .

4 Likes

no thanks already too many fail tanks. this game will survive without evoker tanks.

alright get back to me when your play experience is ruined because an evoker re-roll tried to tank a dungeon. And it’s not just them, it’ll be everyone. your play experience would/will suffer.

/hardpass

I mean, damn, if that’s you reasoning then we should remove all tanks and let the DPS tank because god forbid someone try tanking for the first time.

6 Likes

We don’t need it because last 3 new classes had tanks already.

2 Likes

They’re saving the new tanking spec for the obvious Tinker class coming. Gnomes/goblins in mechs!

1 Like

In the next expansion after Dragonflight I’m thinking that the Drakthyr will gain access to other classes. At the same time other races will probably gain access to the evoker.

But as a main feature of Dragonflight the class/race of Drakthyr Evolker will be its own thing. They said it’ll be ranged/healer.

From experience of playing through Wrath,Mists and Legion the new classes gets tuning, but it’s identity framework won’t change.

Shaman.

Tank.

Just putting that out there.

We have shields, we used to generate aggro, and we don’t have a tank that wears mail… yet.

5 Likes

It is completely silly that they did not. They have guarenteed a tank shortage early in the expansion when everyone is trying the new evoker.

4 Likes

Making a dragon class that can’t tank is just a missed opportunity imo. Healing is one of the most desired roles but then most people who play dracthyr aren’t going to want to heal.

3 Likes

I’d like to see your research. I would also like to subscribe to your news letter

1 Like

The Tank situation has always been there. Ever since classic.

There is only a percentage of the playerbase willing to do it. Class encourages people to try it, but eventually it always stabilizes to where we are now.

Pre-patch will give us a taste of the evokers. People will try and there will be tons of them.

But it’s usually 4 weeks between pre-patch and live. There will be people who tank that switch mains. There will be those that try tanking and take it up.

18 years of game history shows that at the start of the expansion we have a surge of players. This brings more tanks and healers.

After the first patch those numbers drop. It’s been repeated across every expansion. By the end of expansion most tank players have seen/done all they want and go about other things. That’s our shortage, lack of content.

But those are my observations.

The only people doing that will be players who are playing tank right now. People really need to drop the idea that more tank options will just magically get more tank players. The last literal 3 new classes added to this game have had tank specs, and what did that do? Nothing.

You could have 40 tank spacs right now, and guess what? Tank would still be the least popular choice.

The cast times required for the charge up mechanic that they want to explore with this class are just not compatible with the role of tank in wow.

I think many newb tanks miss the hint when a shaman drops healing rain where they want them to be tanking.

1 Like

Give us Evoker tanks. The black dragonflight’s original purpose was to be defenders of Azeroth was it not? If Red/Blue are for damage and Green/Bronze are for healing, then Black should be for tanking – it just works fits.

Besides, then we can finally have groups of all mail wearers, rather than needing to have one plate/leather wearer to tank for four mail wearers.
Please add back Dark Apotheosis for demonology warlocks so we can have groups of all cloth wearers too… ;_;

3 Likes

Evoker not having a tank spec isn’t the problem.

The problem is there is now an entire race in WoW that is unable to tank, which is absurd.

6 Likes

Ever class added into wow from Wrath can tank. Having evoker break this cycle is a good change

1 Like

It’s a change, not necessarily good or bad, not sure where people got the idea that it’s a “good change”, it adds nothing nor removes anything of value.

1 Like