Evoker Tank - Fortification

That’s not how things work.

Blood elves made logical sense to get blue eyes and it took years for that to finally happen.

A few abilities isn’t really representation, especially not on the level of the other 4.

To each their own, dragons are incredibly cool.

1 Like

But I WILL Admit, you have a point. I think most class could be able to tank if there was more creative ability design. But that’s clearly not im Blizzard’s ballpark.

Like this. I can absolutely agree with this.

You can’t compare an eye colour to an entire spec and class being built with new lore from the ground up. Sorry.

1 Like

Wasn’t it also implied that DH would get a ranged spec at some point?

2 Likes

Dragons ARE cool. they are an amazing archetype of Fantasy.
Dragons are not cool when they’re taking up a class slot, when we could’ve gotten something way better.

why so we can have another spec that the devs remember exists for one tier every few expansions? lol no all jokes(tho true) aside the game really doesn’t need more tanks, they already struggle to balance the ones we have, and by struggle looks at dk’s and warriors and the mountain between them i mean they fail pretty massively at it

3 Likes

I’ve heard people say this a few times but I’ve never seen any actual source for it.

I heard we need more tanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have played all the tanks in shadowlands. And I just enjoy having variety and different themes. Right now Protwarrior feels fun, blood dk is stronger in aoe pulls. Blood dk is reactive and about healing back damage. Protection is about getting enough haste to use a bunch of defensive cds well. It’s hard to do that sometimes but I think they can look at rage generation for that to make it easier for more dks. Dks have there resource up front.

Shamans should of been tanks long ago

I agree. An earth warden spec would be greatly appreciated. If Dracthyr don’t get it I think Shamans should. We got thrall being the earthwarden aspect. Earth elemental clearly based on protecting others. And I would just love to see an earth ascendance form for tanks.

And stuff like volcano/lava/tsunami/ totems. A force of nature.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, evoker tanks are against the lore. They are a caster class. Blizzard has spoken.

3 Likes

It isn’t against the lore, and there are other classes that are both ranged and melee.
Shaman is an example of one such class that has a caster spec and a melee spec.

Evoker already has abilities set up that fit a tanking spec, and their background aligns with the possibility in the future.

1 Like

The concept of what they are, from the mouth of god (blizzard), Is a mobile caster dps/healer that zips around the battlefield and breathes fire between slinging spells.

They very specifically said it was not made with the intent to tank.

This is the one class that has ever launched without a tank spec or melee dps spec, and the first ever hero class to ever include a ranged dps and heal spec (monk is not a hero class). Im not sure why people can’t just let it be what it is.

People who enjoy ranged dps and healers have been waiting for their turn for 18 years now.

7 Likes

And they got their run, that isn’t an excuse to exclude other play styles. Melee and ranged styles can co exist on a single class.

2 Likes

Tanks have to maintain one of each class that can tank. All this would do is add to that list. The number of tanks required lessens the higher up the food chain you go. If people don’t want to tank pugs now with all the options they have to do so, adding another tank won’t change that.

It’s fine for casters to get a turn. Not everything has to be about tanks and melee. And you can RP your dragon any way you want.

6 Likes

OP’s right, we should delete warlocks.

1 Like

What? High Elves have canonically been Alliance.

1 Like

There are remnants of a Tank spec in the talents they have shown already (the center line of the general talent tree). Shame we didn’t get it.

2 Likes

No! Bad! Do not bring that argument here! Bad! We’re talking about Dracthyr/Evoker getting a tank spec!

1 Like

This is my stance. Tanks have gotten something new with every single new class. DPS casters have not. It’s okay that tanks didn’t get something this time and that dps casters did.

5 Likes