Evoker Tank - Fortification

No… they were specifically designed to “utilize the power and abilities of dragons”. Their class fantasy is to be a dragon… and I’m gonna just come right out and say it so that you understand why so many people are pushing so hard for this.
We will NEVER get a second class with the class fantasy of “to be a dragon” that is exclusively melee focused. The Evoker has the class fantasy, and they already have some melee abilities. They are designed to be mid-range using both melee and ranged combat… we arn’t asking for them to change that playstyle, just continue to build upon it.
From a logical standpoint the way the Evoker fights is influenced by their role. Healers are full caster, staying at a distance so they can keep an eye on their Allie’s better. DPS go all out on damage using every tool at their disposal, blending spell and claw into a deadly combination making them a true threat at distance and up close. A Tank would logically focus more on Melee as they want to be up close to distract foes from their Allie’s, but spells would still be in their repertoire and they would continue to blend spell and claw to solidify their position as a real threat not to be ignored.
Melee DPS wouldn’t make sense, because the fantasy of being a dragon… it doesn’t make sense to stay up close when you can blast your foe from afar. The only reason it makes sense for them to stay up close is if they WANT to get hit… you WANT to hold enemies attention as a tank, so a melee focused Evoker would logically be a tank.

3 Likes

I dont mind disagreement with valid arguments, but that’s not what’s happening, just flawed logic with double standards by people attacking the idea of evoker tanks, you just jumped in, go back and reread. This isnt my thread but i am supporting and defending the person who created it from those who attacked his very valid idea. Some people know how to dish it but cant take a retort, some people are just plain…well you know

This was your first reply onto one of the Evoker feedback threads

All points you make are your personal opinions and thought I see no valid point why Evoker especially should get a Tank spec.

you like the animations? most of animations are based on race.
Means getting other classes will have the same effect.
also you couldn’t know IF a Evoker Tank spec has the same animations as an Evoker Caster.

As Far As I have seen your reply Activity you just say “my arguments are invalid and Evoker should have” …
You have yet to make any valid argument that supports your thoughts.
Change my mind is what I’m asking.
It encourages discussion. but so far you only deny the arguments made here.

and they also gave shamans to alliance for WoW’s first expansion making the first 2 classes being added not all tanks as someone incorrectly tried to state earlier.

1 Like

yes absolutely, glad you pointed that out!

They need a new dragon-type class - Goragons: gorilla-dragons. These would be brawler-tanks. 2 specs, one a face-tank, the other a stagger/dodge tank.

Let the pounding begin!

1 Like

In this thread i listed 5 or so reasons why they should, go find it and come up with an argument against

ahem…we shall positively OOK EM !

It feels, from an outside perspective like its just the usual “im not listening” thing we get anytime the devs say anything.

Devs: “Evoker will have two specs.”

Forums: “Why not three?!?!?”

Devs: Evokers will have five fingers on each hand."

Forums Thread titled “Six Fingered Evokers: It’s Time” gets 100k responses.

Devs: “Azeroth orbits one star”

Forums: “How having multiple stars will help the game”

Its so tiresome.

1 Like

Should called the “Rogal” Spec

1 Like

Man, god forbid we don’t get a tank for once, right?

You can’t please everyone.

2 Likes

You could add a tank spec to every class in the game and there would still be a tank shortage, because the actual design of tank/dps/heal in group content is super duper not fun for most tanks.

1 Like

Its not that we aren’t getting a tank spec as much as it is we aren’t getting a 3rd spec. However a caster based mail wearing tank makes a lot of sense for that third spec based around all the arguments put forth so far

2 Likes

Yes there called shamans

I’d complain more about the fact that we are getting a limited race/class combo with limited customization.

What specs the class has is the least concerning thing in my opinion.

3 Likes

If they do not perform all roles I would agree with you, but if evoker performs all roles then leave them as only dracthyr for this xpac. From that stems the argument that a tanking evoker does make sense thematically and for the class fantasy and would be a very fun and unique spec just like devastation and preservation. Also Rad if you care, lore wise we are just meeting the dracthyr they dont wage war like us they were taught by deathwing, i would assume as they mingle with the other races of azeroth they will learn to wield their magic in others ways and learn to fight like other races

1 Like

Perturabo Spec, Rogal Spec…

What would the healer spec be?

1 Like

Expect if you don’t like how the class plays. You now have a dead race that you will never touch because it can only function as the class.

1 Like

I mean at that point in time, after DF, one could argue that any new class should get a Tank spec.
But currently we only have 5 heal classes

really?
Just so you know there are 3 Specs that can do Healing based on dmg. 4 If you count that one time where Druid could heal on dmg cast.
MW Monk was always designed around being in Melee and weaving fists and heals. If Blizz would just put their foot down and have it as the only option it might be even better as it is today.
Pala has a playstyle all around being in Melee and gathering HP to cast their big heals. Also Glimmer builds.

Hunter is an area on its own. that’s why I put them separate.
In the end you still attack mostly physical even if you have a cast time. but you don’t use Int or any spells.

Indeed I don’t want Evoker Tanks instead I want Dracthyr Tanks!
Evoker doesn’t need a tank spec.

You said you listed arguments for it. but in the end nothing has meat or why am I still not convinced.
you say there are 3 counter points to every point made.
Yet I only see they should be because Dragon.
You talk about a unique playstyle… But you wouldn’t know If a Evoker Tank would keep the caster playstyle. Also Monk offers everything for a Dracthyr Tank. Fire, claws sweep.

1 Like

Probably Vulkan