Evoker needs a third spec

The max for flex is 30, with 6 healers/2 tanks/22 DPS standard. So 11 times as many DPS as tanks.

1 Like

So were druids before they went to 4 specs. 2 caster trees and 1 melee tree.

And every bear or cat druid would love to go back to 3 specs, btw. Biggest class nerf in the game’s history.

1 Like

I mean if the Game dev/Producer said so, I feel that has a lot of “Cause that’s how we want it.” inuendo.

Good to know. btw wasn’t trying to correct you, just to expand on that :smiley:

1 Like

Nah, I’d rather just let Blizzard stick to making the game.

I don’t want 7/11 employees making design decisions.

2 Likes

So the Melee tree was intelligence based?
No it wasn’t …

An additional tank spec would not reduce the number of available ranged DPS or healer specs.

Probably but that doesn’t change the fact that being Mostly caster some how precludes using that ability in some way to tank or melee if they wanted it to. Because again the lore on dractyhr and the design on them didn’t come in a dream, it wasn’t written by elves, no the devs did make a choice to say sorry tanks you don’t get to play this race except as an alt.

And I agree with your analysis about how many tanks are in those groups, but guess what you don’t get the group without those 1-2 tanks you need. All the melee, ranged, and heals in the group aren’t likely to be doing much in Raid or M+ if you don’t have the tank(s)

Answering a question versus responding to a question are 2 different things. You have not answered the question, and you did exactly what you are accused of by dodging in your response.

Just put a pin in that if Blizzard gets really pig headed and dig their heels in. When this race becomes playable the crap will fly. At this point in the game, anyone playing melee is playing melee because they like it. Not due to a lack of trying something different. The game actively funnels people away from tank and melee classes with badly designed mechanics and toxic players.

but It would reduce the uniqueness of the Hero Class

1 Like

God no it’s almost like a class doesn’t have to use the same stats for every spec…gods why didn’t they think of this earlier in game design. We could have had paladin healers, Monk healers, melee shaman… oh wait we do. That like of logic falls flat before it starts.

It isn’t about this. Blizzard has a design philosophy in mind with their new class, let them try it.

No one tanks anyways, let’s not pretend this is going to make tanks an overflowing resource.

The game is oversaturated with tanks and melee already.

Nobody has room for them. Making more tank or melee specs is foolish.

We get tanks and melee players all the time trying to get on our team. And every time, I tell them “sorry, we have no room for more tanks/melee”. And every time, they say something to the effect of "yeah, nobody does :frowning: ".

1 Like

non of those are Hero classes …
2 of them are Hybrid classes…

Why does everything need to be the same?
The previous Hero classes only used one stat for all specs!
DK Str
DH Agi
Evoker now Int!

Exactly. Let Blizzard make their game, god damn why is this so hard?

1 Like

Screw the spec then we have said that we just want to get to play the new race too dammit.

And nothing could ever change right, we couldn’t suddenly add at stat, or hell make a INT based tank if we wanted.

Monk is unique in the sense that we’re no longer allowed to use our weapons in combat anymore.
This is one of the many reasons I’ve been playing warlock lately.

Evokers will be very unique regardless. Their gameplay mechanics and style are unlike anything else in WoW, and they would undoubtedly be unique as a tank as well. The key is to give players options and let them make things work for themselves.

Fine by me.

But that’s not what the thread is about.

/points at title

Better discuss the Race here: