Evoker needs a third spec

Good thing this ain’t ESO then.

And this has been the case for ranged dps since the game began and they dealt with it fine. It’s fine that ranged dps have a new toy that tanks don’t have. It’s okay the spotlight is on another role for once.

1 Like

I did for a couple years, just came back. How’s the game been?

Better than ESO :wink:

Tell me which race has never been able to be a ranged DPS? I’ll wait I’ve been around off and on since 2004 but I can’t think of any race that flat out had no ranged dps option availble to them.

1 Like

I’ve always thought werewolves were cool. Before WoW was a thing. Before MMOs were a thing. Before online gaming or the internet was a thing, I thought werewolves were cool. And then my favorite game let me play a werewolf.

F R E A K I N G
C O O L

So imagine someone who equally thinks dragons are cool. And I bet there are substantially more people who are really into dragons than are really into werewolves. Now suddenly, their favorite game lets them play as a dragon… except they like to tank.

N O T
F R E A K I N G
C O O L

Sounds like an opportunity for them to try new things!

Every dungeon needs 3 times as many DPS as tanks.

Every raid needs 7 times as many DPS as tanks.

A good raid comp has twice as many ranged DPS as melee DPS. Yet we have fewer ranged specs now than we did in vanilla.

A focus on ranged DPS is long overdue.

4 Likes

I am not discussing the race. I am discussing the class. Every class which has been added has been a melee or a tank. It’s fine that the one time a new class is added, there is no tank.

Drac’thyr will likely open up after an expansion to other classes, and then people can tank with it. It’s fine ranged dps and healers have a new toy for a little bit.

1 Like

I’m not one to seriously question a game maker too much. It’s their game and all that.

But I really didn’t buy in to their reasoning for not making a tank spec. I think they could have but didn’t. Maybe they didn’t want to make another set of animations. Ok. then I feel that’s just what they should have said. “Oh, we’ll get to it down the road, but we’ve run out of time.”

There could be some cool melee animations. Tail sweep, clawing, biting, pouncing, breathing fire into the face of the enemy to taunt…

1 Like

They already said that they wanted the new hero class to be a ranged mail wearing spell caster. Melee already got their time to shine and love with the last three classes and essentially every new class added since vanilla.

They already said no on Evokers having a tank spec. If they add a spec which they said they may in the future it will be either a DPS or Heal and not tank.

It’s a ranged class at it’s core and will stay that way because that’s what they want.

This whole it needs a melee tank spec because it just needs to or because it’s a half dragon hybrid isn’t going to make them do it.

Their answer is no. It’s not an excuse, it’s what their answer is regardless of whether it’s liked or not. Just because an answer isn’t liked doesn’t make it an excuse.

At the very least for 10 man its also 3times as many DPS as Tanks
And at the max… (not sure if 25 is still the max for flex raids) 9 times as many dps as tanks.

Avoiding the question hmm.

Pretty foolish to not think that restricting every single class in isn’t restricting the majority of people.

1 Like

Sounds like an opportunity missed by Blizzard to appeal to a wider player base, when they most need to appeal to a wider player base.

Not having a tank spec is the “covenant abilities will be impossible to balance, and be a huge problem for players” obvious pitfall that was ignored of Dragonflight.

Really if they insist on not having a tank spec, they should unlock a few other specs for the race or this roll out is going to be a massive crapshow.

No I’ve just come to the conclusion that you’re kind of a dingus since you keep asking questions I’ve already answered, so I’m not spending any more of my time on you.

Uhhhh, I’m gonna go ahead and say a big nah to that one chief.

can’t wait to see the pro visage gang crying because they are in dracthyr form 3/4 of the combat … lol

that said Ion specified that Evoker are at the foremost Spellcaster.

But you were when I responded to you.

That was you responding to a question about the race being locked. So yes you were discussing the race. Then you went into ranged dps again while we were still talking race.

I need a signature at this point I think. We are talking about the Race, right now you can fill your dps and heal spots completely with this race if you wanted. Optimal proabably not but you could. But that 1 person in the dungeon and those 2 guys in raid, they can’t and it’s not because they don’t have a good tank class they straight up don’t have one.

You think restricting every class isn’t restricting the majority m8.
That is incredibly foolish to say.
Since ye know I doubt that half of the community as a whole are going to main evoker.

Yeah I heard them say that. But doesn’t explain why. That’s cool and all, but ya know, they just need to own their decision with “Cause that’s how we want it.”

I have seen the posts complaining about having to battle in dragon form and I roll my eyes. People will complain about everything.