Evoker needs a third spec

Exactly. Let Blizzard make their game, god damn why is this so hard?

1 Like

Screw the spec then we have said that we just want to get to play the new race too dammit.

And nothing could ever change right, we couldn’t suddenly add at stat, or hell make a INT based tank if we wanted.

Monk is unique in the sense that we’re no longer allowed to use our weapons in combat anymore.
This is one of the many reasons I’ve been playing warlock lately.

Evokers will be very unique regardless. Their gameplay mechanics and style are unlike anything else in WoW, and they would undoubtedly be unique as a tank as well. The key is to give players options and let them make things work for themselves.

Fine by me.

But that’s not what the thread is about.

/points at title

Better discuss the Race here:

Evokers don’t need a tank spec or melee spec. are spellcasters, they were meant to be spellcasters. if you want to play as a dracthyr melee and tank just wait for them to add new classes for this race.

I would still tank if they hadn’t made monk so dull. I will sefinitely tank if Dracthyr get a tank spec.

Fair enough, I was multi-tasking and got lost a bit in the conversation.

I stand by my point though. Healers have had no hero class. Ranged dps haven’t even had a new dps spec at all. The conversation of race means little to me – what’s important is ranged dps have something new they can partake in and enjoy. It’s okay that tanks don’t for once.

Druids are also spellcasters.

Ranged tank!! Spec

1 Like

In the following interview at 4:37, Ion did an excellent job at explaining what the class fantasy for Dracthyr is (which was freakin’ shock to me, let me tell you).

And based on that, he is right, a tank does not suit.

Monk is not regarded as Hero class …
It was a normal addition to the game with Pandaria.

The Hero classes so far are DK and DH.
Both of those can only fulfill 2 roles each.

Why not let Evoker be like the previous Hero classes?
With only 2 role to fill, but this time range and heal instead.

Druids are shapeshifter that fulfill a Hybrid class fantasy…
again they are not a Hero class

So you’d tank if Dracthyr only gets the Monk class?

2 Likes

My point is that uniqueness isn’t inherently a positive trait. In this case it’s a negative trait.

It sounds like some people here approach the game from a role-first perspective, as in “I like ranged DPS so I will pick a ranged class”. And that’s cool. But my thought process is the opposite. I pick a race or class for the theme first, then spec afterward. In this case I want to play a dragon, and from there I’ll use whatever tank spec is available to me.

2 Likes

Without them this game wouldn’t exist though…

Why since Ion has Quadrupled down on no other classes at this point asking for a spec may be the only way we get it anytime in the next 3 years.

Still doesn’t mean they are qualified to make design decisions.

Which would be zero, so you’ll have to try something new!

I mean healing and ranged DPS aren’t exactly new. I’m leveling a resto shaman to farm transmog.

Though you may underestimate my ingenuity. There’s always the option of facepulling.

What you fail to grasp is that the issue is less the class and more the fact that the Dracthyr RACE can not tank or mdps.
So anyone who wants to tank but also wants to play a dracthyr will have to decide which to do.

The solution to this is to either give more classes (specifically tank classes) to the Dracthyr, or to add a tank spec to the Evoker.

This IS a serious issue

1 Like