Evoker Legendary Quest -Mythic Sarkareth Drop

The tilting thing for me is my group has gotten two mounts and a few cloaks so far but no evoker leggos at this point. Got most of the materials ready too.

You might need to explain this better.

If you do LFR first for the week then do Heroic - are you locked out of a chance for heroic that week because you did LFR first?

Some people may want to farm LFR for the mount appearance or the cape, for instance. Should they make sure to do the higher difficulty first for max chance, or will they have the same chance even if they do LFR first?

For instance, the running theory, based on what you said: (Made Up Numbers)

LFR: 0.1%
Normal: 0.2%
Heroic: 0.3%
Mythic: 0.4%

If you do LFR first, you have a 0.1% chance for it to drop. Then if you run heroic, it would add together your Normal + heroic chance, so 0.5% chance for it to drop. So if you ran normal after, you’d have 0% chance.

Whereas if you ran heroic first, you’d have LFR + Normal + Heroic, all in one, so 0.6%. Then when you run LFR or normal after heroic, you’d have 0%.

Is this correct? (Again, with made-up numbers)

Because this can also be interpreted as “Always run LFR > Normal > Heroic > Mythic, in that order, for maximum chance” - But if the above is true - then the chance is the same no matter what order you do them in, which would be nice to know.

1 Like

This has to be one of the worst legendary setups ever released. A cool new class hit with endless nerfs, nonsensical legendary setups, and a host of other issues. This easily has to be one of the most confusing things I’ve read.

2 Likes

The whole thing is dumb. Please remove the spam text for this as well as it isn’t special or unique.

1 Like

My optimistic interpretation is this:
You have 4 rolls per week: 1 roll for Mythic, 1 for Heroic, 1 for Normal, and 1 for LFR.
If you kill Sarkareth on Mythic (first), then you get all four rolls: Mythic, Normal, Heroic, and LFR.
If you kill Sarkareth on Normal first, then you roll for Normal (at the Normal%) and LFR (at the LFR%), and killing Sarkareth on LFR will not get you another roll (so there is no reason to queue for LFR Sarkareth, as you’ve already used your LFR Sarkareth roll).
However, having killed Sarkareth on Normal, if you then kill Sarkareth on Heroic, you get one more roll on the Heroic % chance.
I have no idea whether this interpretation is correct, but to me it seems the closest to what Blizzard was trying to say. Further clarification would be greatly appreciated.

This doesn’t apply to regular drops, only the legendary, and you aren’t missing out by doing lower difficulties first.

If a character defeats the encounter on Heroic first, then they will have a low chance to get the item and they are covered for the week. Normal and LFR will not offer chances of receiving the item that week.

If a character defeats the encounter on Normal first, they will have a very low chance to get the item. Then for the rest of that week, Heroic will still offer a very low chance at receiving the item, but LFR will not.

Your chances are the same with these three options in a given week:

• Doing just Heroic
  • Doing Normal then Heroic
  • Doing LFR, then Normal, then Heroic
3 Likes

ok so just do Heroic, got it

3 Likes

why wait 6 weeks to let people know about this?

17 Likes

This doesn’t make sense unless you are doing all the dice rolls for say heroic at once. Otherwise your odds are still better doing them in lowest to highest tier order simply for the extra dice roll (small/reduced as it may be) per attempt.

1 Like

if the roll is lets say 6% for Heroic and 3% for normal and 1% for LFR, it makes plenty of sense. The Heroic % chance is made up of Normal and LFR… and the mythic chance is made up of all difficulties below it.

Completely made up numbers btw but the example is there

Guess I was right all along. deuces.

Thanks for holding on to this information for 6 weeks instead of just saying from the beginning.

6 Likes

this should be posted after the RWF is cleared

13 Likes

I disagree. I would take 3 dice rolls with respective lower chance odds than 1 dice roll any day.

Say the heroic drop rate is 5%, normal 3%, LFR 1%, at most the heroic as the first kill is 9% but that’s still only 1 roll. If your overall odds are the same, you are better off tossing those dice 3 times with a target number that is lower.

As compensation, 10.1.7 quest drops item on floor that all evokers can pick up… yaya?

2 Likes

Odds are not the same tho… Combining the odds to have a mega big boi fuzzy dice is always better… 1 in 2 chance vs a 3 in 6 chance.

1 Like

im glad i wasted my time doing normal first then heroic
this…really should’ve been clarified weeks ago man lol

3 Likes

you can make that choice, but the expected value is identical and pointless waste of time but go for your superstitions if u want to nobody is stopping you

1 Like

Not that I don’t believe you, but can we get some actual numbers on these drop rates? Number of attempts do affect statistical outcomes so even if its 1>2>4% respectively it would still be better to do all 3 in ascending order unless the sum of each accounts for removing the dice.

I don’t see the point in hiding the chances of “rare” and “very rare” behind the curtain anymore.

5 Likes

A little overwrought, but I like the intent. Thank you for the clarification!