Evoker Legendary Quest -Mythic Sarkareth Drop

It took 6 weeks for a committee to come up with this clarification.

1 Like

Maybe I’m just misremembering BFA conduit fragments, as that’s the closest I can get. I can guarantee that’s how they want it to work. So you’re not punished for doing a lower difficulty first and being locked out of a higher chance from doing higher difficulty, but also not somehow getting a better chance by running lower difficulties first.

Whether or not it actually works that way and spaghetti code doesn’t randomly break stuff is another matter.

Are you an employee who has access to internal deliberations? I don’t think your guess is any better than anyone else’s, given the ambiguity built into their explanation.

I understand that you think it ought to be that way, that they ought to have intended to design it that way. Just no sign that they did.

1 Like

I mean, there’s a literal blue post

There’s a blue post that doesn’t say what you seem to think it says. It could also be legitimately interpreted to mean that you get 1 attempt, and it’s your first kill for the week.

1 Like

I’m confused, can you please clarify how this drop works? My understanding used to be that once per week per difficulty are all the possible attempts. I assumed if I killed Sarkareth in Heroic with my guild I would get 1 chance and then if I killed Sarkareth in LFR I would get a 2nd (worse) chance. I can’t tell by the wording of this post if you’re reiterating that my 2nd chance will be worse or if you’re stating that my 2nd chance is a waste of time.

For what it’s worth, I’m an Evoker main raiding newbie and professions nerd. An average non-Mythic skill player just trying to have fun. This weapon is a really special thing to work towards that feels like it falls directly in to my wheelhouse. I’d just like to more clearly understand how the drop it works and what I need to do to work towards it. Any clarification you can give here would be super helpful. Thanks!

The blue post specifies a few key things, and omits others, that can lead to a general understanding of how they want it to function. It says that your highest difficulty gives the best chance. From this, you know that if you clear it on heroic, lfr and normal no longer give you a chance. So the question then becomes, if you clear it on heroic, do you get a chance at mythic? and if so, is that a full chance. So we look at the things they make no mention of, such as an inclination of first kill or anything to reinforce that only your first kill matters. So we have either 2 options in how they have intended it to drop: you kill in ascending difficulty and just get a better chance than someone who cleared the highest difficulty first, or each difficulty takes out the % from the lower difficulties already cleared, to make it even. And there is no shot they intend option 1.

You are now making a long list of assumptions based on how you think it ought to work. I would be very surprised if killing first LFR, then normal, then heroic, then mythic each gives a fractional chance of getting it.

1 Like

A long list of assumptions? There’s only 1 assumption in that post I made, and its the final sentence.

LOL. Whatever you want to tell yourself.

1 Like

The blue post makes one thing clear, and its that in this specific scenario your second chance is a waste of time.

I dont see your name as Bornakk, SO
 Ill believe when / if they actually comment again to clarify. Until then its all speculative.

1 Like

Speculating that it is intentional for you to clear in ascending difficulty for a higher chance than someone clearing it once at the highest difficulty isn’t really grounded in reality.

But does that imply the drop chance is higher for LFR than for Heroic of Mythic?
Ive been clearing him at Heroic and Normal last few weeks and nothing
 So you are saying you KNOW I am doing it wrong and should been doing Normal then Heroic?
So now I should have been doing it LFR, Normal then Heroic?

2 Likes

Really horrific to hold this information, and then release this info without nearly enough context. Get with it, farming this stupid thing is terrible enough.

3 Likes

@Bornakk: The problem with this is it doesn’t clarify the answer to the original question. Instead, it raises the specter of even more questions. How can it only factor the highest difficulty if someone does the difficulties in one of I assume 24 different combinations (using the equation of 4x3x2x1 or phrased mathematically “4!”):

1. Mythic > Heroic > Normal > LFR
  2. Mythic > Heroic > LFR > Normal
  3. Mythic > Normal > Heroic > LFR
  4. Mythic > Normal > LFR > Heroic
  5. Mythic > LFR > Heroic > Normal
  6. Mythic > LFR > Normal > Heroic
  7. Heroic > Mythic > Normal > LFR
  8. Heroic > Mythic > LFR > Normal
  9. Heroic > Normal > LFR > Mythic
  10. Heroic > Normal > Mythic > LFR
  11. Heroic > LFR > Normal > Mythic
  12. Heroic > LFR > Mythic > Normal
  13. Normal > Mythic > Heroic > LFR
  14. Normal > Mythic > LFR > Heroic
  15. Normal > Heroic > Mythic > LFR
  16. Normal > Heroic > LFR > Mythic
  17. Normal > LFR > Mythic > Heroic
  18. Normal > LFR > Heroic > Mythic
  19. LFR > Mythic > Heroic > Normal
  20. LFR > Mythic > Normal > Heroic
  21. LFR > Normal > Heroic > Mythic
  22. LFR > Normal > Mythic > Heroic
  23. LFR > Heroic > Mythic > Normal
  24. LFR > Heroic > Normal > Mythic

As you can see your simple explanation creates 24 outcomes. Can we simplify or clarify what the intent is?

Edit to add, I didn’t even add groups of 3 difficulties, but that’s 12 combinations, or groups of 2 plus another 8. (A total of 44 possible combinations, excluding single difficulty runs for the week)

1 Like

I just want the legendary spam to go away. The first 50 to do should have gotten a personalized world message

Please please

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

What even are these responses by Blizz.

:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

I’ve literally been saying the opposite.

I have to admit that this entire legendary is just a bad experience unless you get it quickly.

I don’t know why blizzard refuses to listen to feedback in some areas of the game. Literally everyone: “dinars are great” blizzard: “and so you’ll be given some vague information about how your bis legendary drops, and then we’ll follow up with an even more vague statement, while still making you hope and pray you eventually maybe get it”

In a sea of W’s, this is truly an L.

1 Like