Evoker Class Color

Because Alex is the main key art of the xpac.
Why on earth are DKs red?
Nothing is cut and dry in this game, calm down.

Because they’re a dark shade close to blood, indicative of their violent nature as machines of war and death

???

Why not black, or a dark grey? They were made back the black dragon aspect. I know dead is black, but we could always change that to something else like transparent or something (you don’t need to heal a dead person!).

sure, that’s 1 of 3 specs. You’ll eventually hit an answer. Nobody associates the LK with blood, or red.

I said calm down because you came out the gate with “why on earth would it be red like alex” lol
Maybe you’re just new to the game idk.

It has nothing to do with their specs

Are you ok? You keep saying weird things like this for absolutely no reason, did someone hurt you?

1 Like

idk, you seem a little more invested in this than me. I’m just alt tabbing between work and school.

I questioned OP’s reasoning for their color choice and then went on to explain what I think it should be, why, and why it ultimately didn’t matter. You’re the one who responded directly to me acting as if I’m calling for the end of the world

That is a reach, considering the overall class theme has been the same for everyone since the beginning. Class themes are the class.

I just had this same conversation about using interfaces and Dependency Injection in a “simple” app.

The flexibility is a feature, even if you’re not using it right now. That’s why it’s called a principle.

Like, my neighborhood is pretty safe. 99.99% of the time, I don’t need to lock my doors. But, my door still has a lock.

I directly refuted your points. Not that either of our opinions matter. Regardless, it’s just the official forums. Not worth getting so offended about.

Just let everyone set their own colors for classes in game.

1 Like

It also isn’t the mental gymnastics you’re making it out to be. Case and point: our current colors make no sense, but changing them would create a small disconnect for a while (as mentioned earlier in the thread).

If your reasoning is flexibility, then why do some classes use colors that work? Though i would change it, blue works for shaman lightning and water. White for a priest seems right. Green for hunters? Brown for warriors (though, again, i would change)? This thought process doesn’t line up when some classes fit, and some don’t.

Anyway, my point was only to say the colors have no real rhyme or reason.

I can easily tell the difference on my raid frames and Healbot. :woman_shrugging:t4:

Here was the original announcement if you’re curious.

Seems like nitpicking just to nitpick to me.

1 Like

Feedback came in too late. We’ll have to wait another 18 years for the next broken UI update. Thanks for your contribution.

So during the Shadowlands 4 expansion?

1 Like

I was agreeing with you. They don’t have any rhyme or reason.

Ah, my bad. Seemed like you were trying to counter my though. Would be nice to see some correlation, though.

No you didn’t, you sarcastically mocked them and then acted as if I’m getting upset

1 Like

cool man, I stand behind my points in probably my first comment. take care.

I can easily tell the difference between a monk and an evoker during raids, in the same way that I can tell the difference between a warlock and a DH. The color used doesn’t seem that connected to them, but then again, paladins have next to nothing to do with the color pink, and the only thing about yellow that I can connect to rogues is yellow being synonymous with cowardice, which is really more of a player behavior than something they’re associated with in lore.

They weren’t going to fit five colors into one teeny tiny dot on your minimap when everyone else uses one solid color. Also, given what people have been associating both the class and race with, a five-color name on the forums might have been a bit on the nose.