Evoker Class Color

What was the thought process behind the Evoker class color? Was there any thought or debate behind its choosing? Many have stated how it’s too similar to the Monk class color, and I agree.

The main lore figure behind our class and this expansion is Alexstrasza, who is instantly recognizable for her red tones. Had the main figure been Ysera instead, I can understand this green color.

When the Evoker swaps between their dragon and human form, a red swirl erupts around us. The word and color 'Ruby" is a common theme within dragons and this expansion. Wouldn’t a ruby red color make more sense?

3 Likes

Wouldn’t that be too close to DK?

Edit: honestly, though, all the colors are mixed up. I’m going to assume it has something to do with a dev hating paladins, and shoehorning them with pink, which would fit mages more closely, because of arcane. Yellow should be pally, rogue should have a dark color, warrior should be blood red, DK should be some sort of UH green, shaman should be orange for fire, or some kind of grey/blue for wind, druid should be brown. It doesn’t make any sense, lol.

I just realized Evokers and Priests are both shown as white here on the forums. If you see your red color (which is on the lighter side), I think a darker rich red color would easily be distinguishable from DKs, compared to the three shades of green shared now by 3 classes (Evokers, Hunters, Monks).

1 Like

This is definitely a thread.

The could do a color revamp since I don’t see pink as the rightful choice for paladins

1 Like

Changing up the existing colors would be a total mindscrew for those of us who have been seeing pink paladins and blue mages and yellow rogues for the last 15 years of our lives lol.

4 Likes

I’m not a fan because when a monk is out of range, their class color gets a shade darker/fades and then it looks just like evoker color.

1 Like

As a healer I hate the Evoker class colour, it looks like a monk that’s out of range.

3 Likes

Should have been all 5 colours.

1 Like

Actually its emberthal. Alexstraza has almost nothing to do with Dracthyr and Evokers.

Heck Wrathion and Ebyssian have more to do with us than Alexstraza.

I like the green. Easier on the eyes compared to the neon purple and green we got with DH and Monk.

I think part of this is due to the human eye. We can distinguish between shades of green better than any other color due to the wavelength of green being in the middle of the visible spectrum.

Green is actually the best color to have multiple shades of.

3 Likes

I’d have gone with a pale golden colour. Or a rich gold colour. A lot of the dragon stuff is trimmed in gold, and it’s flight-agnostic.

Classes that use different hues of…

Red: Deathknight, Paladin
Orange: Druid, Warrior
Yellow: Rogue
Green: Hunter, Monk, Evoker
Blue: Shaman, Mage
Purple: Warlock, Demon Hunter

Gray: Priest, Dead, Offline

Maybe because our society doesn’t recognize many different hues of yellow that aren’t associated with disease they went with forest green… I guess. :dracthyr_shrug:

You know, i see these things, but i still attack whatever is in front of me, regardless of color, lol. It would be off-putting for a while, though.

Should be all the colors of the Dragon Flights.

The dark dark blue is not black.

Honestly I don’t PVP very much but just from a healer standpoint the colors help with a lot. You know the yellow is gonna be behind the boss and needs help staying up, the light green is gonna be forty-five miles outside Timbuktu, the light blue is gonna be somewhere between Timbuktu and you but has beefy shields if they get low, the pink is almost completely self-sufficient, etc. lol.

2 Likes

It’s almost like their class colors have little/no correlation to their theme.

Aside from the argument on what the evoker class color should be, the fact that it isn’t implemented at all on the forums, over a week after the expansion came out, seems like it should be pretty embarrassing to Blizz. They should have had it ready to go when evoker early access started. But the fact that it’s taking until after release to have the forums display evokers in a class color that matches in-game UI is just sad.

We got keep Grey for Tinkers

Yeah, thats obvious, but why? There was absolutely no reason to not link the color to the theme, with almost zero effort, or extra time.