Evocation is useless

Evocation in no way purports to restore mana, it solely increases the rate at which your base mana regeneration functions, this amount could be zero and thus the increased amount would still be zero. People might casually and incorrectly call it a restore, but it’s simply amplified regeneration, the effect of which usually ends up with you regaining mana.

You can cast Evocation at full mana but you cannot cast a mana potion at full Mana - one is built solely to restore mana and the other only has restoring mana as a plausible outcome.

You should head over to Reddit if you’re talking about man pots dude.

1 Like

Have you ever played the game actually?

Or are you just critiquing the tool tips and effects? Your whole argument reads as if you are just trying to find fault in Blizzards wording.

Anyone who has used Evocation, generally understands the effect(s)…

You don’t understand the basic mechanics:

Evocation:
While channeling this spell, your mana regeneration is active and increased by 1500%. Lasts 8 sec.

Effect #1 Apply Aura: Mod Power Regen % (Mana)
Value: 1499%

Effect #2 Apply Aura: Allow % of Mana Regeneration to Continue in Combat
Value: 99%

While channeling

• while you are channeling the spell cast

your mana regeneration is active

• Mana regeneration, sometimes referred to as MP5 or passive mana regeneration is an inherent character statistic. Depending on your character debuff status, including combat, this statistic is either active, reduced or inactive. Starting to Channel Evocation sets the status to effectively active @ 100%

and increased by 1500%
Your mana regeneration statistic is increased by 1500%.

Evocation does not directly restore your mana, it increases your statistics that cause your mana regeneration for the duration of the cast. Your regeneration ticks are based on your MP5 ticks and if you install a mod that shows your mana regeneration ticks you can effectively get an extra tick out of evocation.

The mana regeneration effects are applied through an internal aura that lasts for the duration of the cast.

Honestly, don’t just read the spell description and say “You looked into how it worked”. You don’t even understand the basics of how it works.

edit: this is from years of working with the WoW API. get a clue man.

They didn’t even do that.

[quote=“Marlonbrando-moon-guard, post:122, topic:512607, full:true”]
Evocation in no way purports to restore mana[/quote]

Except according to everyone arguing in here with me IT IS.

Everyone of the people arguing with me are claiming they have mana after teh effect, which means if you have mana after evocation ends then it’s a restore mana spell. Period.

That being said what tehy said about regeneration also spills over into mana pots which RESTORE MANA.
In teh end both restore mana and since that applies according to what people are arguing, then guess what, a mana pot isn’t a restore mana effect, it’s a regeneration effect because everyone is arguing Evocation restores their mana from a regeneration effect.

Sorry man you’re late to the thread. We’ve moved on now to the OP trying to convince everyone that restore and regenerate are completely different things.

What. Did. I. Say.

Evocation does not restore mana.
AND
Evocation does not regenerate mana.

Evocation increases the amount of mana that is regenerated by other methods that do regenerate mana.

Try this. Stand in a capital city and cast spells until you have too little mana to do anything. Now … just stand there. Do nothing. What happens to your mana bar?

It refills on its own. Every couple seconds a little bit more is added.

That is passive out-of-combat mana regeneration. Every mana-using character in WOW has that.

The stat SPIRIT, both the amount your character has without gear, and the amount available on gear, increase that passive regeneration. There’s plenty of sources out there on the formulas.

So, using a practical example, I’ve got a level 22 mage with 1440 mana and 54 spirit, and they regenerate about 30 mana every 2 seconds WITHOUT using Evocation.

Evocation does not regenerate mana.

Now, they cast Evocation, and instead of 30 mana, when it goes to regenerate at 2 seconds they get around 400 mana. If they’re still channeling 2 seconds later, another 400 mana. Stop channeling (early) and 2 seconds later they get around 30 mana.

Evocation did not cause the regeneration. Evocation increased the amount. Ending Evocation stopped increasing the amount.

As for the difference between restore and regenerate, not really relevant and a red herring.

Those mechanics in game that give something only to take it away when the channel or action is done tend to explicitly say so - such as Warrior’s Last Stand. The current and max health is increased for 20 seconds, but when that ends, the increase goes away. (Off the top of my head, I don’t remember any abilities that temporarily increase mana - either current or max.)

False. Good try though.

because they are. you’re all the ones saying regeneration is restore, but a restore effect isn’t regeneration yet both have the same exact outcome.

You’re all is just a nickname for Everyone. And. What. Did. I. Say.

So you just called everyone in this entire thread arguing with me that claims they have their mana restored after using Evocation, a liar.

Way to go.

Why don’t you listen?

Are you arguing that the spell incorrectly works by the definition of a channeled spell or that people incorrectly define the working of the spell? Evocation does not restore mana inherently, and by your definition of a channeled spell, it functions exactly as it should. People incorrectly labeling the spell as a restore doesn’t retroactively make the spell obsolete, rather people are speaking generally about a specific thing and confounding multiple different effects, but none of this changes the inherent value of the spell, as being solely the increased rate of the caster’s own mana regeneration.

Call it whatever you want.

It’s an aura effect that increase character’s mana regeneration by 1500% and sets it to 100% active (as if out of combat for 5s).

This mana regen is based on spirit. edit: and mp5 from gear

Uh oh! He’s saying idiotic crap again!

Enchant Bracer - Mana Regeneration
Permanently enchants bracers to restore 4 mana every 5 seconds.

This can’t be guys… Could it be that in the context of WoW they do the same thing…? How could Hyojor be wrong…? His arguments have been so logically sound!

This thread is now about cake vs. pie, which is a more important topic and makes more sense.

I prefer pie myself. It just seems like a friendlier food to me. Cake is too full of itself.

What’s cake and what’s pie?

Don’t listen to him. the cake is a lie.

1 Like