Evocation is useless

After reading Evocation and seeing how other channeled spells work in the game I.E. Blizzard.
now I posted about Blizzard in another topic about how it wasn’t lasting 8 seconds and all the replies said you have to remain still while casting, because once you move, attack, run, try to cast other spells…etc the channeled effect ends and all things attached to it go away.

So i started reading other channeled spells and found that Evocation is a channeled spell. And after reading the effect and knowing what happened with Blizzard and what people said about that.

I have come to the realization that the 1500% boost from Evocation, is totally useless. here is what would happen.
If a mages mana bar is totally empty, casting evocation would fill the mages mana bar, HOWEVER, the mana bar on the mage would revert right back to being empty once the effect from Evocation ended.

The effect of Blizzard is shards of ice from the sky Not freeze or chill effects as a result of Blizzard, the shards are the actual effect, which stop once the effect ends,
Evocation’s effect is filling a mana bar, which means that effect (Which is a filled mana bar) would ceases to exist in the same way Blizzard stops having shards of ice fall from the sky. Whatever state the mana bar is in when Evocation is cast, is the exact same state it will be when Evocation wears off.

All channeled spells have to work exactly the same when they end, you cannot keep the bonuses of a channeled effect, Shards of ice do not continue falling from the sky once you end the effect of Blizzard.

So putting all that together, you cannot ever use the 1500% boost from Evocation.

2 Likes

What did I just read?

34 Likes

This isn’t the case.

Don’t be a troll.

I took how channeled spells worked and what happens, read a channeled spell, and applied the games mechanics.

I also prevented any type of trolling counter arguments anyone can possibly use.

There is no reply anyone can leave against this that won’t contradict the games mechanics.

This also isn’t true.

How is it not?
The games mechanics that Blizzard programmed into the game for channeled spells, say it is 100% the case.

By what you are saying we should just heal the damage done by blizzard after the channelling stops

2 Likes

Popcorn time. There’s so much wrong here.

Evocation sucks, but for none of the reasons listed. #1 reason: it’s based on spirit.

1 Like

The games mechanics for channeled spells say it is? I.E Blizzard. If channeled effects end for Blizzard then the same applies to every channeled spell.

It’s how channeled spells work

Well I have casted Evocation 100+ times on my mage and I have always retained the mana. It’s one thing to say that it DOESN’T work this way…you are trying to say it SHOULDN’T work this way…that’s your opinion.

I assure you that I get all of my mana back from Evocate.

By what you are saying channeled spells are broken.

And Blizzard doesn’t end when you move either.

You guys cannot keep changing how channeled spells work to fit your argument. You’re arguing the games mechanics not against me.

Look man, you can argue all you want…

But it would be better to roll a mage, learn evocation, and test it for yourself.

Rather than semantically play devils advocate for an ability you don’t even understand.

You know…when I mindflay and I move it stops. I don’t get my first, second, or third tick taken away.

I think you just don’t understand how this works or are just looking to entertain yourself during quarantine. Either way, you’re still wrong.

1 Like

Evocation is amazing. It can pretty much fill your mana bar if you cast it. It will empty again, if you use mana.

You cannot have channeled spells doing whatever you feel like to fit your own argument to be right and troll.

If mana isn’t gone from evocation, then Blizzard will still continue throwing shards down.

Again. Mindflay is a channel.

I seem to understand this topic better than you. It’s channeled until it’s not.

The mechanics on channeled spells say you can’t and don’t.

To say you keep mana on a channeled spell, means you are also saying Blizzard keeps throwing down shards in the area despite you moving.

Evocation works fine for my mage. I’ve no idea what this guy is babbling on about. Evocation btw scales with your spirit stat, not your max mana. If you want it to restore more, then you need more spirit.

Evocation doesn’t temporarily fill the mana bar. It increases mana regeneration. While Evocation is being used, the mana bar fills based on a non-Evocation mechanic, but at a higher rate (the Evocation bonus). When Evocation ends, or is prematurely stopped, the boost is gone, but the mana that was regenerated up until that moment is still there and the non-Evocation rate of mana regen continues.

Stopping Blizzard prematurely does not undo the damage done to mobs up to that moment. It only stops the shards falling and continuing to do damage.

3 Likes

You can keep saying how you think the game SHOULD behave…

But that does not change how the game actually does behave. Deal with it or don’t play.