Everything is a sensational, provocative thread

• Threads saying a bad expansion was actually a good expansion
  • Making a thread that subtlety mentions a bad short-hand for the next expansion
  • Complaining about downtime on Tuesdays

It was kind of funny when 10% of the people were doing it. But you cant be counterculture if 90% of the forums posts are antagonistic, ironic, or trolling.

To the small band of people here who want to discuss ideas, that have legitimate nuanced critiques, or address balancing issues. Please. Just “like” the first post in a thread that accurately counters the troll and move on.

Replying only encourages these people. You can help make these place decent again.

1 Like

Controversial/troll threads get bumped often so it seems like there are more of them because they’re on the top for longer. Helpful threads get 10 likes, a few “thanks” comments, and then get buried and die because of this poor forum structure.

2 Likes

If a thread fulfils its purpose and is now it will forever be able to be searched for people who need it why would it continually need to be bumped up? Gonna need some examples otherwise.

I hope TWAIN (my new short hand. dont @ me ) lives up to the grandeur of story telling in Shadowlands. Please reference my essay tomorrow while I talk about downtime in 2023.

Welcome to social media in the modern day.

The 2023 guidebook includes chapters such as:

• Attention is Literally All That Matters
  • Follow the Dopamine
  • Stop Being a Reasonable Person
  • Everything Before Whatever You’ve Most Recently Learned Is Wrong Because Someone Says So

And many other helpful tips & tricks to help you navigate the slow emulcification of your brain!

3 Likes

Is this a veiled attempt at a “Warthin” thread?

Both hotdogs and soft-shelled tacos are sandwiches.

A taco is its own thing.

Per Cube Rule of Food. I cant post pictures because mods dont like Sir Mix A Lot.

https://i.imgur.com/RmW8Aup.jpeg

It takes a visionary to change the world.

Warthin is not bad short-hand
Its the only logical choice

And attention spans are measured in seconds in this age of social media.

While I get the sentiment of the OP s post you can’t fight and change behavior with words.

Shadowlands was great, and I hope Warthin follows it as an example, and it be even greater if we got some recompense for all the downtime we have on Tuesdays.

I feel gross for doing that

Sure no problem.

Actually helpful thread (of which there are many) that gets buried after an hour because it’s not controversial trolling: 154 views

Then there’s this kind of thread, been on the top of the page for many hours over multiple days, 1.4k views

Forum users who look at GD see the recently bumped threads which are often controversial. Why shouldn’t they see the helpful PSAs or nice stories or good ideas? Because people don’t get into a fight in the thread and keep bumping it?

This thread organization gives the most attention to the trolls, the haters, and the ignorant. And it needs to change.

2 Likes

You should.

1 Like

thats right

i stole my moms credit card to buy roblox cash and i got the biggest whooping of my life. never stole a credit card since

1 Like

I have to tell you, I’m absolutely stunned by the number of web-based gaming publications that consider journalism to be “Your job is to scan Reddit and social media, read comments people make, and turn that into content. If your content doesn’t help us bump our ad rates every quarter, you’re fired.” I didn’t really pay attention to it until recently.

Thus, a few disgruntled nerds whining about A Thing minor becomes a headline like World of Warcraft players are leaving in droves because of A Thing.

1 Like

Noted… I cant help myself though. :smirk:

MARK my words, TWAIN will prevail

1 Like

Not when you’re that subtle, it doesn’t stand a chance.

Welcome to post-modernism, where truth is what my “friends” and I say it is.

If you’re not getting your news and history off social media, you will not know what to virtue-signal-outrage about.

2 Likes