Everyone should have a path to progress to max ilvl gear, EVERYONE!

I think you would be at least proud that casuals even care about gearing themselves to be more effective and not ruin Mythic + runs.

Like I said I can’t raid because of a medical issue. That being said I’m not going smack myself in the face for getting my current main to 466 ilvl. You know why I went in and did appropriate Mythic + runs and as I got better gear I then tried higher Mythic + runs. I wasn’t carried and I didn’t do keys that I felt I could possibly wreck.

My ilvl took a lot longer to get, but I did earn it; on my own by going in and participating in content I knew I could complete and not wreck a person’s key in the process. In that I’m very proud of that characters accomplishment. Just because I didn’t go and raid to get it doesn’t nullify the work I DID to get it. That is what casuals are saying.

7 Likes

I know they won’t cause no one cares about pvp :frowning: even though pvp is the main reason a good bit of people pay their monthly sub for.

2 Likes

If you got the gear by working hard and doing M+ then that’s fine though? That’s mythic level content, that’s hard content. That isn’t “being casual doing world quests” which is what this thread is about. I don’t care if it takes you 100 M+3s before you can move your way to M+4. That’s good on you for trying and sticking through it.

I’m complaining about people who want to do daily quests and world quests for 5 months and then get full 475ilvl with best corruptions, which is what Ralph seems to want.

And PvP is even worse off, as I said stuff that’s bound to weekly lockouts is something that Blizzard needs to figure out. The new Great Vault is somewhat taking us in that direction.

But no, absolutely nothing in the game should reward Mythic raid level loot that is able to be done repeatedly infinitely.

And the vast majority of complaints about it are coming from content like random BGs, world quests, or M0 or below aren’t giving loot on the level of Mythic raiding. This is what I’m referring to, I personally don’t have an issue if they actually reward doing +20’s, high-rated Arenas, or high-rated RBG’s.

I mean Blizzard failing to figure out PvP gearing after this long is an entirely different conversation. They just need to accept PvP scaling was an awful idea and go back to a PvP-specific stat and PvP vendors.

i agree that people should be rewarded equally for equivalent amounts of effort and time, but we literally have to compare between apples and oranges to find a fair value for that

as it is pvp and pve gears already a headache for them to balance fairly between effort and reward

i hope they do manage to do this one day, i just think it’s probably really hard to achieve realistically

I would love that, then I wouldn’t have a issue with the pve gearing system, bring back resilience or pvp power or even both.

If they didn’t care about PVP, they wouldn’t have given you vendors and reputations in Shadowlands.

Problem is that a lot of people expect different things from PVP in this game. Either they have a path of progression through gear, in which gear matters, or they don’t. But you can’t really have both.

I don’t like PVP in WoW because I want it to be purely skill-based. That’s why I do my PVP in different games. But anytime they try to meet what I want in WoW PVP, they face far more backlash.

So what’s the appropriate solution here?

wtf, if they did that then there would be no point in doing group content, this is an mmorpg not minecraft

1 Like

World Quests give enough to get you to the lower level Mythic + Dungeons and in that the system is working, I apologize I believed this was a continuation of people just not wanting casual players to get decent gear from doing Mythic + dungeons.

Ralph they are not going to hand you 475 ilvl gear for doing world quests, hell man they aren’t doing that now.

My fight is to keep decent rewards for doing appropriate Mythic + dungeons. Because sadly that’s the content I’m allowed to do. If they are going to gimp me in the only content I can do, no point in my continuing to support the game now is there.

Eventually that will happen again; casuals will get peeved and unsubscribe again. The 10,000 1% players subs won’t be enough to pay Blizzards Bills and then you’ll have the Developers falling all over themselves to try and fix a problem they created again.

Honestly I’d like it if they deleted LFR and raised WQ rewards to that level at the least. I’m the odd kind of person who’s anti-LFR but not part of “the elite”. I’m anti-LFR but not anti-world questing grandma.

LFR really isn’t free gear anymore and honestly it’s far more effort for the rewards than doing a normal run.

I’m sure some folks enjoy it, and power to them. But there’s really no reason to remove it.

2 Likes

Before my medical problem I did try the LFR system and I gave up on it when I went in and 5 hunters put on aspect of the pack on a boss fight.

Sadly I was so ashamed of that moment that a beloved class would be able to ruin everyone’s enjoyment, that is the time I abandoned this character. I level him to max and then side line him. Then work on whatever main I’ve picked to work on for that expansion.

1 Like

Yeah, this idea that PvP & PvE can use the same gear path is and was always dumb.

Like I get why they wanted to do it, if you weren’t PvP geared it was rough to get into … but I mean for me that drove me to keep gear for it.

This is the very type of feeling that most of us are trying to protect though. We’re not doing this to personally attack anyone, but we want to retain actual feelings of rewards in the game while also retain the actual challenge (If you raise the average ilvl of players by giving high-end gear through easy means, and dont raise the rewards from that content and the balance of that content … inherently the challenge of that content tanks).

Though anyone that insults anyone because they’re not some expert at running a key, to be frank… they’re jerks.

1 Like

“Casuals” (hate the term so let’s say people who don’t do instanced content) can actually get much more powerful relative to their content than raiders can. Sure the mythic raider has a higher absolute item level but they are also facing enemies that are tuned for that higher item level and which also have much less forgiving mechanics.

So for me there is no problem re: gear power, but it is important that no type of player feels they have run out of things to do. Here again I think the game actually has very long lists of achievements, mounts, pets, toys, transmog, economy/profession, etc. that are accessible without doing instanced content but if players are focused only on ilvl, they can miss out on where the real depth of content is.

1 Like

Ok…

As I see it, we already got past this point, so why are you re-framing back to that item in a binary way? There are solutions here, we need to stop pretending like there aren’t

I’m only going to speak for myself here, and I emphatically agree with this portion of your post. Blizzard has already stated (quote below*) that there are three parallel progression paths; and that individuals (link below**) that focus on one content path should be within 95% power threshold of a full engagement min/max type player. This isn’t reflected in their current game design that massively incentivizes Raiding as the only true competitive progression (compounding throughout the course of the tier) path.

Holla.

**Link to interview

I need to rebute this… No, that’s in no way true. You’re not rewarded for anything above a +15 key. Mobs continue to scale; experienced game difficulty continues to scale without a reward structure. The math of your argument (the core of your argument) disproves your point on it’s face, and shows the exact reason why it’s nonsense that it’s not rewarded… Blizzard has picked the winners of SL, and those winners (across the board for all content) as developed in the current itemization system, are anybody that wants to instance in Raids (either exclusively, or mainly)

If pvping gave decent gear against fighting other people with higher ilvl it would be ok. But we are stuck facing people who raid and stuff and have power advantages that people that just do battle grounds have unfair handicaps.

Did you meant to reply to me? I honestly can’t follow your text or especially what it has to do with my point. If you’re trying to draw some distinction between mythic plus and mythic raids you’re not talking about the same issue I am. Neither are the casual/non-instanced content I was talking about.

Everyone does have a path to max ilvl gear, it’s called Mythic raiding.

This thread is dumb.

You never need to do above a 15 though, anything higher is just a fun challenge.