Everyone should have a path to progress to max ilvl gear, EVERYONE!

Blizzard needs to discard the outdated mentality of locking decent gear behind raids, it is archaic and hurts many people, especially casuals who would have a reason to keep playing long term instead of having nothing to do because they cant progress their character’s gear past a certain point without being involved in group content.

They seemed to have realized this, with how slow covenant progression is, covenant bonus sets and WQ ilvl increases existing around renown levels they are trying to give casuals their very own form of gear progression, but that is a problem because they are trying to separate ultra casual progression from “hardcore” progression aka anyone who does any form of higher end group content and for anyone doing higher end group content that casual progression is dead because we outgear all these rewards in the first few weeks.

The ilvl of the covenant set is trash, so is world quests, anyone who actually is going to be raiding and m+ instantly has better gear than anything all those sources can give, the same thing can be seen in pvp where Blizzard refuses to give decent gear and has chosen to make the very slow to upgrade honor set be below LFR ilvl meaning the gear is worthless and you can get better by just doing m+ or lfr/normal.

There is absolutely no reason to separate gear progression between casuals and hardcores, the only rule you need is “The easier it is, the longer it takes to get max rewards” so mythic raiding will always be the fastest way to get mythic ilvl gear but not the only one.

Instead of trying to create 2 forms of progression (which btw ignores all other forms of players because many do multiple things in the game like me, it isnt just “ultra casuals that only do wqs” or “high end hardcore raiders”, I do high end group content and also casual solo content but only 1 is actually rewarding) give us a universal gearing system, a system where everyone can slowly progress to the max ilvl through their own preferred content, let them do torghast all day if they want but give them a reward that progresses their character’s POWER.

Gear needs to be distributed to everyone willing to spend time and effort, imagine if that lower end progression existed, many casuals would actually have a reason to keep playing wow for months and keep improving the characters slowly through the activities of their choice, doing content wouldnt feel like wasting time because it doesnt offer any power rewards, they would have a goal that would take a long time but they would know they could achieve.

As it stands ultra casuals can only progress their character’s power for so long before running into a wall of “do high end group content or your progression is over”
Casuals like me who do everything have little reason to do any casual content that doesnt reward me with power so that entire area of the game becomes dead and irrelevant and so is for hardcore people who end up only logging in to raid and nothing else because nothing actually rewards them for doing anything other than raiding. Though sadly some love this “Overwatch with raids” playstyle.

Now if gear progression was universal, not only would casuals have a reason to spend time in the game after the first few months, I would also have a reason to do world content and more casual activities because my time wouldnt be wasted since it would help with the progression of my character’s power.

And before the tryhards start screaming “others dont deserve good gear if they dont do mythic, they dont need it” let me continue the implication of that sentence, the implication that goes “You dont deserve good gear because I deserve it more and should always be above you because I mythic raid” which screams a very toxic and unhealthy desire to keep people down instead of lifting them up, this fear that “others might be equal” is completely psychological and unhealthy.

417 Likes

I just want more 3-person content. :slight_smile:

75 Likes

They do have a path to that gear. They choose not to take it.

209 Likes

Posting in a Ralph thread!

31 Likes

You are right, who doesnt have enough free time, ability, schedule, social battery and 19 other players in their pocket to clear mythic xD

73 Likes

Do mythic plus with 4 friends then. You’ll get close enough if you don’t completely suck

51 Likes

Casuals have mythic gear paths available to them, it’s them who choose not to pursue it. There are guilds of many varying levels of casual that’re doing Mythic progression

And casuals screaming because they feel entitled to mythic level gear for doing the easiest content in the game screams terrible game design that will kill off end-game engagement.

83 Likes

I would have thought that some who spends so much time defending meaningful choices would be in favor of having consequences to the sort of content you choose to run.

39 Likes

Didn’t we essentially have this with titanforging?

I remember it felt awful to spend a night pushing mythic, failing to get the boss kill, and then logged into my alt the next day and got a max level forge on a world quest.

They tried it already. People didn’t like it so they stopped.

10 Likes

I would certainly be satisfied having a path to a lower than max ilvl gear, since I don’t intend to do elite content. Everyone should be able to continue improve their gear. Only the people who want gear for content they aren’t willing to do, like Ralph, should be unhappy with this.

3 Likes

If they would have kept the item upgrade system where folks could have some control over empowering their gear further it probably would have been fine. Having it be 100% RNG was just a bad design.

21 Likes

Heroic warfronts and Visions would like a word. Some people just do not care about their gear and are content with what they get from world quests.

4 Likes

but everyone can access the raids, and if good enough, complete them. The path exists for everyone who is worthy to walk it.

9 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t dislike that system in MoP. Although I believe the cap on it was lower than forging, which is why I didn’t mention it.

In a sense but no, titanforging was RNG, i am suggested a far less rng reliant progression

That is because the jealous angry tryhard community kept screaming about because they couldnt handle the fact that some got better gear because they lived under the delusion that they are the only ones who deserve good gear.

15 Likes

Yeah it was only like 5+ levels up to 10. Which idk, I still think was fine and the other solution to sockets was just giving back professions their item enhancements.

1 Like

Sadly they dont want to add gear to torghast because said tryhard community would complain that “we are forced to do torghast” even though it would be a GREAT way to give decent ilvl gear from it to the people that push higher floor layers

19 Likes

Literally everyone does have a pat to max ilvl gear. Glad pvp and mythic raiding.:joy:

4 Likes

You need Mythic Raid gear to kill Mythic Raid bosses. What do you need Mythic Raid gear for if you are not Mythic Raiding?

If it’s “I need to stroke my epeen with big numbers” your point is bad and your thread is dumb.

36 Likes

In a sense, but no?

Sounds exactly like doing content and hoping it forges.

And by the way, I already explained why I hated forging, and it wasn’t

It was because it made it feel like there was no point to putting in effort since you can work your butt off and get nothing, or you can do mindless, repetitive content and get BiS. The effort to reward ratio was broken. It wasn’t a good system.

I don’t care what loot you are wearing or if you get lucky. It pushed me out of trying to do hardcore stuff because the time to reward ratio wasn’t there.

4 Likes