Everyone says they want more abilities but

This, you should have to option to make plays if the situations arise.

Part of the problem with the games current class design, and the current design in general, is the lack of choice.

For example, arms should have baseline spell reflect and disarm. While Im not going to use disarm vs a mage, it helps when Im fighting a rogue and vice versa.

Let’s not dumb the game down further

5 Likes

This is my opening rotation as a BM hunter in a mythic guild. You tell me if it’s enough, too much or not enough. I feel like it’s a fair amount imo.

Barbed shot, trinket + Aspect of the Wild, Bestial Wrath, Murder of Crows, Essence usage, Kill command, Chimera Shot, Cobra Shot, Barbed Shot, Kill Command repeat… Not including pots of course. 9 different abilities just in an opening none aoe pull, 10 if it’s aoe.
I think that is plenty. I know as a myst weaver in arena at 1850ish rating I have literally 20 buttons I press in an average match. I don’t know why people are crying out for more abilities. Personally, I’d rather just have the annoying GCD removed.

ye so your saying there should be minimal difference in PVP between a 2k rogue and a 2700 rogue (example), whereas adding in abilities would help seperate the two from eachother and allow for more options of outplay.
You add in Utility abilities, now the better rogue will have better tool’s to help his team set up or help his team live.
You add in damage / functionality abilities and now the better rogue will do more damage in his burst window other than spamming mutilate into envenoms over and over like every 1500 new rogue can do.

The only reason you think adding back abilities (which add more fun, depth, & skill to classes) is because your ignorant and don’t know how the game actually works from any higher than a casual pov, much less to try to warrant this opinion onto other’s when its completely false.
BTW when pruning happened in WOD number’s tanked, and guess what, that trend is continuing today.

Maybe in classic this was the case, but not in era’s of the game like MOP (which x10 more players enjoy than BFA). Let’s think as a warrior real quick, you had banner’s, you had intervene, you could charge to your banner’s for mobility, stances meant more, etc. Removing all of this just makes it to where there is less seperation between a warrior who is still new to his class, and a warrior who’s been playing for years.
A mage for example, you had Alter Time which good mages knew how to use for good burst potential, you had fire blast as frost which was useful if you got kicked in your frost school, you still had fire blast (which NOT strong) but was enough to get things out of the way like old spell reflect or a mushroom from a enemy druid. Deep Freeze is another good example, had multiple different uses & a good mage knew how to use it to its max potential.

This way of thinking just stem’s from a casual POV where you dont really care about class depth or how they really function. That or your just ignorant and never really knew in the first place.

Im going to instantly assume that you play WoW for the storyline / RP much more than you do for the actual game play.

I also already know that somebody is going to try to come here and tell me everything im saying is horsesht and that i’m SO wrong! But sub numbers and participation don’t lie so.

3 Likes

This.

It baffles me that these player’s in this forum trying to warrant less abilites being better are actually serious about it.

1 Like

The pruning of abilities was made a million times worse with the global CD this xpac. There were massive voids with a lot of classes/specs that could have been filled.

Funny how blizzard pruned the classes down and slapped gcd on everyone to avoid repetitive strain injuries but then slapped us with massive level scaling and mob HP in 8.2…

Sure I am using less abilities but spend 3x the amount of time to kill 1 none elite piece of trash.

they will now unprune and guess what current abilities with get pruned

Oh yes that long and large list of new spells we’ve been getting for the last few exp-

Oh wait.

2 Likes

I hope they prune away this stupid “zookeeper” mentality that they have for BM. Or at least open up the class to have different paths they can take in terms of talents.

You mean, aside from the ones that are useless and nobody in their right mind would choose?

3 Likes

Or picking between abilities that our class had baseline since the inception of this game/ the abilities in question.

2 Likes

same thing would happen if you have 15 abilities people would pick the best 5 and that would be the expected meta.

Yeah no, the difference is choosing to not use the abilities and literally not being able to use more if you want to.

You’re confusing progression raiding optimization from classes that exist as the vehicle we explore this ENTIRE game with. What you’re saying is the only purpose talents, spells, and abilities serve, is to be optimized so that you do max damage the most efficiently. The same way that the first group to down spine was something like arcane mages and subtlety rogues and nothing else. Was that the ideal raid comp? no ofc not. but for spine? World first baby.

I want my totems back.

I want my utility as a healer back.

Right now, I only have a few little things I can do to try to help besides just pure direct healing.

I wanna be able to enchance my own party while keeping them healthy.

I miss being sought after for my ability to play my class well, and what my class brought to the group.

Instead, Blizzards just been constantly ripping totem after totem, and utility spell after utility spell from shamans, and even tossing some of them behind “Warmode Talents”.

I’m not gonna apologize for wanting my totems back, and my utility and buffs back.

I think it was wrong to strip them away from shaman to begin with.

1 Like

No. It makes no sense to bloat up lists of abilities and talents with useless or counterproductive ones because “people will pick the top 5 (only useful) ones”.

That’s lazy design, and it almost looks like you’re here to promote one cookie cutter design option by devs while pretending we have choice.

1 Like

i cant argue with that since i dont raid.

I can’t believe or begin to think that you’re a PvP player arguing that you only use 5 abilities and the rest don’t matter. Please stop your trolling.

4 Likes

i play the game same as you.

Yes i’m sure you do we’re here on the wow forums after all.

What do you do in game that you think it’s acceptable to have 20 abilities, and get by only using 5, if you’re NOT a PvE player.

How does Lusent, of Area 52 enjoy his time in World of Warcraft?

If a class gets by in PvP with access to 20 abilities and only needs five of them, that isn’t bloat, it’s overtuned. Jesus.

1 Like

Stance dancing was a fundamental part of being a Warrior and made it fun. Warrior class identity is completely different without stance dancing.

4 Likes