Everyone says they want more abilities but

i got 5 120’s rogue,2 hunters,paladin and a shaman,i also have 4 allied races unlocked and one with its heritage armor…i play this game.i dont log in one night a week to just raid and do a m+ thats boring.

I want all the meta abilities to be as many buttons as possible. And for cooldowns to be meaningful and fun.

That’s a bit insane.
What do you need with 5 rog…

Oh.
Grammar is important.
I have 9 120s, but almost every class still feels dead to me. WW monk is probably the closest thing to an interesting rotation right now, and before that, Legion Survival was probably the most fun I’d had since MoP.
More buttons are good as long as they do something.

1 Like

And how often does one remember to use it in said situation? Probably never, or maybe once every hundred or so times. At that point you might as well not have it.

That doesn’t really answer my question. Do you mean to say you spend all of your time leveling up? Do you prefer PvE, or PvP? Where are you getting the experience that classes perform adequately with 5 abilities, while ignoring the rest of their spellbook? What avenue have you performed well in while implementing this gameplay philosophy of yours.

because you’re saying you don’t PvE. ANd you have 5 rogues. If you’re only using 5 buttons as a rogue i refuse to believe you’ve had any measure of success in PvP.

1 Like

I used to use it all the time in PvP back in Classic.

didnt you just put stance dancing in a few big macros back then like what swifry does?

I honestly don’t know why people clamor for more abilities and equate it to improved class design. I have a 12 button MMO mouse and have two action bars set to click and shift-click and between 24 buttons on most classes I still am not able to fit every spell in the spellbook. With the GCD on most abilities why on earth would someone need MORE buttons to press that couldn’t already be covered by one of the existing abilities? If there’s a gap in a rotation (i.e. Ret paladin) then that could instead be addressed by reducing a cooldown (Judgement, Crusader Strike) or adding additional charges (Judgement, Crusader Strike).

1 Like

yep more abilities will mess up class design even more and other abilities will get pruned.

thy kind of contradict them selves saying they dont like pruning and want things unpruned but current abilities will get pruned.

Stance dancing allowed you to control the flow of the fight. It also allowed you to jump in as an emergency off tank. It wasn’t just two buttons macro’d to interrupt a spell.

I truly believe its more how the rotation flows right is where people are annoyed with pruning. Some cases flavor spells that were simply useful in some stations but not really for raiding or pvp. Some classes had amazing rotations in different expansions and the flow of the class was really well done.

I can only speak from a WW perspective but here is just an example:

BFA: The flow of rotation in can be considered fine. But if you do not have the right azerite traits and min 10% haste it will leave with A LOT of dead air. resulting in a single 2 button rotation when you barely have enough energy / chi to just do anything. It can just HALT your game play right then and there in the middle of a fight for a moment or 2. That feels bad. Having to use your CD’s just to fill in the missing gap to make the most use of GCD timers to spread things out a bit does not feel good. Having to pick a talent not because its good because you need one or 2 buttons extra to keep combat flowing properly does not feel good.

Legion: Strike of the Windlord was an ability that was taken away from us that made a spec flow very well. Artifact traits that gave us an 40 extra energy was so helpful in keeping game play smooth resulting in us having more freedom to choose between between our resource talent tree with freedom. Legendary item effect that made a usless ability to a usefull ability to add to the rotation was very fun. Additionally Legendary item that reduced chi cost of Fists of fury was fun to use.

I think you get the picture as we go further back in time with WOD and MOP.

The pruning debate is not so much the abilities that were taken away but we lost something and were not given anything to compensate for the loss. Classes do not feel good when there is a constant feeling that something is missing. and it may not be abilities it could very well be a passive to make the rotation just flow right

There are a lot of abilities that they’ve removed that I miss. I absolutely hate that some of my curses are now pvp only. I also miss lifetap I can’t drain tank elites any more now if I drain life too much I go oom and die.
Curse of the Elements was also a very useful raid boss debuff.
Maybe you don’t mind it but I do.

1 Like

I used mine all the time especially when farming old raids his AoE was awesome for that. I just had to run him through trash mobs and loot.

I’d like to have a rotation again. I’m sick of pressing three buttons over and over. I liked when we had options for different situations.

On hunter I had a dot to maintain, an execute, and several shots I don’t have anymore. It feels brainless now.

Yeah some abilities were pointless, but not all. Some reappeared in pvp talents, but you cant get them all back because the number of talents you are limited to.

Saying people who’d like some unpruning are idiots is a bit ironic, considering we want some complexity back and you want it to be kept simple.

1 Like

The circular logic in this sentence made me spit out my water.

4 Likes

some.

Most of the people that like simpler rotations wouldn’t mind niche abilities or buffs back, shaman totems, tranq shot, etc.

What we dont want is FFXIV Dragoon numbers of buttons.

Dunno, my rogue back in the day had well over 30 keybinds. It worked fine, as if you understood your class and abilities you know what to use, when.

It sorta separated out the fly-by-nighters from the people that took time to learn what they were doing.

I want fewer abilities.

This is utter nonsense. I used pretty much everything in my toolkit on a regular basis.

All pruning does is help worse players. The less abilities you have, the less you have to know how/when to use properly.

2 Likes

Maybe the issue is you can’t handle that many abilities?

5 Likes