Everyone says they want more abilities but

the facts are players in any top end content will ALWAYS pick the meta adding more abilities wont matter and could mess up classes even more.

2 Likes

quit crying so many classes are broken right now and adding abilities won’t break them more.

9 Likes

im loling at this.

1 Like

Just like we’re all lolling @ your opinions. Imagine thinking modern class design is A-Okay, Sundayposter.

8 Likes

lets take broken classes/specs and add more unpruined abilities to them
GREAT IDEA
lol.

Lol, no it wasn’t. You actually had plenty of choices for a lot of classes.

Good job showing everyone that you have no idea what you’re talking about, though.

10 Likes

people still chose the meta in any top end content raids pvp ect.

they always played the meta specs as they do now.

there’s zero choice with builds outside of one talent. I personally want the old talent tree’s back or give us back all our abilities or let us pick our own abilities we want to use.

3 Likes

Only the bad players had choices. There were 2-3 cookie cutter builds at MOST per spec, and most specs only had one viable meta build. Maybe you’d get a choice between two talents in your build, which is no different than now.

2 Likes

You’re right, adding 20 abilities won’t matter
 if they’re all just flat damage abilities. Classes have lost all that made them unique and all utility is similar across the board. What made classes so great pre-prune was that classes and specs had identity. One class could do something that another could not that would pull them ahead or help the team. This utility is what made things interesting and enjoyable for me. I enjoy having some responsibility to do something unique, or having the opportunity to do something amazing because of what I play.

Also, those against the old talent tree for the sole reason that “everyone” will pick the same set, that is not true either. Yes, many players will take the most optimal build, but most optimal in one situation is not most optimal in another. The old talent tree allowed players to choose where they wanted to be more optimal, even if the difference was only 5% crit for the party or something like that. As well as that, there are some players who just want to have fun in a game. I know it sounds crazy, but some people play WoW for fun and will choose a build that they enjoy rather than the “best” build.

15 Likes

Yep, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

8 Likes

he is saying people will always play the meta.

It would appear that you do not understand the difference between:

• “I want lots of abilities to be able to use, but some of them are niche or only useful in certain situations. I’m OK with some or many of these not being core rotation abilities, because that adds class flavor outside of combat.”

and

• “I want 30 abilities to use in combat and I expect them all to be useful in combat.”

That’s only if all those abilities are expected to be combat useful in every situation. In the past we had abilities that were situational, so we only used them sometimes.

They pruned these ones out, along with the others, on the basis that they could just remove those mechanics for the most part. Enrage? Gone or unavoidable, but once upon a time it was a rare but useful skill to have on hand.

I love this phrase. “Illusion of choice.”

It’s almost like you’re saying that if I can make 1 good choice, a couple of mediocre choices, and a handful of bad choices, I only have one choice.

Except that’s not true. There was always “one” spec for a specific setting, that’s true, but that’s only for min-maxing and the highest end content. For the entire leveling and 5-man process you could play more fun specs if you liked.

You had a choice, just because there was an optimal one doesn’t mean there wasn’t a choice. Stop pretending it’s an illusion. An illusion would be if you had the choice between three different melee fillers, but they all did the same damage, they just looked different, but sold themselves as different abilities.

12 Likes

as i keep saying it wont matter how many abilities you got people will make build videos and they will all end up running the meta for m+,raids and arena.

if wow history has sown one thing people will always play the meta.

You’re a 391 rogue, you don’t know anything about any form of meta, let alone Classic’s.

Now try listening to what’s being said, you might learn something.

People playing the meta is irrelevant. Some classes had viable choices, others did not. Mage had a lot, Druid did not. Pointing out that people will follow the meta is stupid, because that’s the whole point of a meta.

7 Likes

bro this is wow a 14 year old game and its not that hard to see what the meta is ether is also lots of videos on what meta you should be running.

Good god, you’re more clueless than the other guy. Next.

8 Likes

Having an opinion about talents doesn’t change how good or bad a player you are. Just like how you’re not a bad player for thinking the new, pruned game is better.

5 Likes

and you are saying you arnt running the same meta suv hunter spec that everyone else is for m+?..lmao.

Are you saying I don’t go BM for farming? MM for BGS? New spec for raids?

Turns out there’s more nuance to it, chum.

5 Likes