Everyone says they want more abilities but

More options is never a bad thing in my opinion. Especially in an RPG. I want lots of different spells that do lots of different things even if their use isn’t always apparent. I don’t get why blizz would ever remove abilities in the first place. honestly I don’t really know of any other company, at least one that I can think of that loves to remove content from their video game.

1 Like

Mostly, I was just adding to your point.
I’m not in favor of removing stuff, just because it might not be the most optimal thing to use performance-wise, either.

The moment we prioritize pure numbers and performance over design and thematics. That’s when we risk reaching the state when everyone has access to the same things. Everyone can do everything on an equal level.

I will say this, having certain talents that provide multiple functions. Having benefits to both your offense as well as defense, if the talent is designed in a very unique way. Then I would be okay with it not performing as well as other talents on the same row.

1 Like

It’s still totally bonkers to me that Blizz elected to entirely remove one of the only 3 ranged physical specs in the game in favor of a 2,349,320th melee spec.

This would have been a far better approach.

1 Like

In addition to this spot the non-Warlock mains who didn’t do Green Fire during MOP when every single button except like Water Breathing was used. It tested the entire class including situational abilities and that’s what made it challenging, allegedly. I beat it in 2 tries but eh :man_shrugging:

They have their vision. Their ideas. We can only try to persuade them towards what we want to see!

Hint…hint :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What is “a class”? 100% of players of that class? 20%? Are you really basing this claim on the bottom % of players who have no skills and don’t know how to play beyond using a few buttons over and over again, even if they are usually situationally wrong?

What does it mean to “get by”? Is lucking into carries good enough?

Nothing you have said has any meaning.

I disagree with this. Situational abilities are huge and lots of people go against the meta for certain playstyle/encounters. Too many people base their builds around sim data when in reality you are going to be in a situation where a different build works better than a sim one. They shouldn’t prune abilities just to cater to those who only do cookie cutter builds.