Everyone is abusing layering

I don’t think people are “mad” at layering. They are mad of what it has caused. I re-rolled a lvl 1 on westfall and was spammed invites for layers until I hit lvl 2. Really annoying

3 Likes

This would have been a great solution to server mergers and keeping names. But a vocal subset of this forum would ree and refuse to play if they added surnames.

1 Like

And then you won’t be able to play with your friends if you’re put on seperate layers that day…

1 Like

It really should have only been on while absolutely necessary due to everyone being packed on top of each other during launch day. Now that people are more spread out it should be off.

3 Likes

According to some people here what you did should be a bannable offense

1 Like

Heres hoping they’ll turn it off right after server transfers.

2 Likes

Layering doesn’t affect the log in queue AT ALL.

So tired of people defending this nonsense with a bunch of made up balderdash.

1 Like

What are the server population caps? What if a full server has like 30-50k players online before the queue starts? Collapsing all those layers means either 30-50k queues or dumping them all online at once. This would make the game pretty unplayable. A lot of us didn’t like the 10k+ private servers for this reason, that was bad enough.

I’ve abused it a bunch and almost everyone in my guild has as well. People constantly ask for layer swaps in world chat as well. Going to keep abusing it until they get rid of it.

I never wanted it in the game to begin with.

months from now when bwl is released. the economy on every server will be ruined well before then.

People better abuse it before blizzard gets around to nerfing it in some fashion.

You have zero right to a low population server. If queues are the issue they should have opened free transfers sooner than later.

Chill layering will go away eventually. You don’t want a server with no layer that would be hell even on low/medium realms.

Yeah, I even saw one argument against server merges from a guy who said he didn’t want to see a bunch of new people. Like, wtf is that??

Who gives a shyte if someone has a classic avatar? What difference does that make. Me personally, after some misunderstandings with Blizzard officials, had my primary account banned from these here glorious forums. Therefore the only character I can post with is this guy here on my backup account. Does that make my input on Classic less valid?

You know. The majority of use cases for this sort of thing is simply:

“hey the quest mob is dead here, i don’t want to stand around waiting for 15 minutes for a respawn, let me see if he’s up on another layer”

OR

“hey I’m trying to do some quests here, and the opposite faction appears to have officially declared this cave an extension of their faction capital. I’d love to see if this cave is still considered neutral territory on a different layer”

I mean, not everyone layer hopping is doing something as insidious as “LOL I NEED TO FARM EVERY CHEST ON THE MAP 6 TIMES AND STEAL EVERYONE’S RARE MOBS AND ALSO GRIND TO 60 IN 3 HOURS”

I really have very little problem with people using layering just to get a move on with their questing (and life).

Layering let me get Broken Tooth in 5 minutes. I love layering now!

#Layeringnumba1fan

2 Likes

Wtf is layering?

How could it be abused?

What even is layering?? Is it like sharding in retail?

Well, back in vanilla Blizz merged Frostwolf into my server (Frostmane) and people on both sides were pretty salty about it. It’s not just “seeing new people” an combining established communities, the transfer also screwed up our economy and raid progression because Frostwolf was older and much more progressed than we were. I can’t blame people for hating the idea.

1 Like

It’s the deformed offspring of CRZ and sharding.

3 Likes

I never claimed I had a “right” to anything. Vanilla WoW was designed around server populations under 5k. Pservers reeaally pushed it with 10k+, but I’m not convinced it would even be playable at much more than that.