Error 132 - Fatal Exception/Access Violation: I have tried pretty much everything

So. First of all, I’ve been having this issue since January, when I built my new computer. I simply stopped troubleshooting it for a while because I wasn’t playing WoW. It was possibly linked to some BSOD errors as well, and while I’ve had some not too long ago, I am convinced error 132 seems to be persisting entirely independent of whatever might cause a blue screen. I am fully updated on OS and drivers, I have tried disabling all startup apps and launching WoW on it’s own. I’m about to test playing with all addons disabled, though I’ve vetted these addons before. I’m just out of options. I am currently running WoW and the launcher app in Win7 compatibility mode as well. Below are the link to the previous thread and the .txt file of the latest crash, there have been maybe a score of them stretching back to the 14th.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/132-crashes-i-have-tried-everything/419392

Since then WoW has moved to my SSD so I can hardly try a disk defragment anymore, and the XMP overclock stuff is NOT RUNNNING, nor anything similar.

Pastebin url: j0zhsdaY

Howdy Markahn,

Even if addons are disabled, they can still cause these 132 errors since the game has to load the files. Let’s try testing the default version of WoW by doing a UI reset.

I have done this in the past, and am currently set up to try running the game as admin to see if that has any effect. I will try this after if it doesn’t work though.

1 Like

Let me get this straight, you have gone so far as to completely wipe your system, reinstall your OS and install WoW and BNet…

How are add-ons coming into play here? First rule in troubleshooting is to start bare bones. Wiping the drive and reinstalling the OS as a fresh install (not using some backup to put back what was previously installed), is about as bare bones as you can get.

If doing that and JUST installing WoW and BNet from Blizzard’s download still results in BSODs… then you have a hardware issue somewhere.

You said this has been happening since the beginning of the year… what changed in your setup around that timeframe? You add some new hardware or software to drive said hardware?

No I am not having rampant BSODs anymore. That was resolved independently. I ended up having my RAM replaced and then cleaning up some junk files and it stopped. Right now I am just addressing WoW issues.

Edit @Zenlaka

After admin and win7 compatibility resulted in another error 132, I’ve gone ahead and completed the UI reset. Almost within a minute of gameplay after doing this, another error occurred. I’m now testing after having followed the advanced troubleshooting step by entering this command into the chat bar:

/console cvar_default

Below is the pastebin of the crash that occurred after the UI reset.

Ez1EFrpk

Edit 2

Nope, the UI reset was not the answer.

Third error report pastebin: jRWwc8xQ

It may be worth mentioning that very rarely the game will just freeze for a few seconds, and then close, with no error reported. This is rare though.

I could use more suggestions because I’m out of ideas.

Hello again Markahn

I took a look at all your errors. Let’s install this driver using the DDU tool to clear things out. I don’t see the driver version on the error - from what you said I suspect you are on the most recent. I have seen issues with that one on some threads.

Download DDU tool here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3300

Basically you extract the uninstaller from the download. (it will extract to a folder called DDU - the tool is inside that folder)

*Important: Unplug the Ethernet or disable the Wifi to avoid Windows automatic driver installation.

I like to boot the computer into safe mode then run the DDU tool. (This isn’t essential you can ignore the tool warning. You will need to confirm you have the windows password before you do so. If you are using a PIN it may ask for the actual password after running safe mode.)

On the tool you select Graphics type then Nvidia. Run the recommended “Clean then restart”.

Now for the install. Start the driver download. Select Graphics only (no GeForce Experience). Select Custom install carry on to the next pane. There is a box to check for Clean Install select (check) that box. (Resets the Nvidia control panel and profiles to defaults)

You will see a Windows Smart Screen warning when you start the Driver install as you are offline - ignore that.

I have a suspicion from what I see on the Errors that Geforce Experience might be involved here. Do not install that.

One other thing - remove that compatibility setting and return the game to DX12.

I will try this tomorrow. However, I will say since I have been dealing with this error off and on since January, I really doubt it’s this particular Nvidia driver that is the problem. Geforce Experience might be closer to the mark. Nevertheless I’ll follow through with all the steps and give an update afterwards.

Like I said my suspicions are on Geforce. The DDU tool will clean everything - that’s what I’m really after. I want that Driver to play safe is all.

I’m sorry to say after following all these steps, another crash has occurred.

Paste: yUTw9rA7

And I did turn off compatibility mode.

I’ve already done a UI reset so I doubt it matters, but for the heck of it, I’ll note the only addons I’m using at present are DBM, Skada and ElvUI

No clues on the recent error report Markahn. Can you run a DXDiag system report.

The second section of page has DXDiag report instructions - we don’t require the MSinfo report.

Pastebin that as well

Here ya go.

hcJuAc9X

Edit:

A friend suggested I use a debloat script for Win10 that he uses, with the idea it might fix something in Windows causing the issue. Then I decided to make special exception for WoW AND Battle.net by allowing them through the Windows Firewall. Finally, on a whim, I did a scan and repair of WoW and apparently it did find some files to repair, which it did very quickly. We’ll see I guess.

Either way, I’d still be interested in your next suggestion based on the DxDiag.

Edit2: Still crashed.

Nothing catches my eye on the DXDiag. What we have is repeated crashes on the Wow.exe - the game itself. Let’s reinstall the game on that SSD drive. Use the Battle.net Launcher to uninstall game.

Been on my SSD since prepatch. Nonetheless, I did a reinstall (lost all my ElvUI settings because I didn’t back up x-x) and another crash has occurred.

I will note that it seems the crashes are occurring lest often since my debloat, but that may be wishful thinking.

Can you pastebin the most recent crash please

You were mentioning the Windows debloat - let’s check some system files. Type cmd in the Windows search box. Right click on Command Prompt that appears - select “Run as Administrator”

At the Command Prompt cursor type or paste: (after pasting click enter key to start things)

sfc /scannow

(space between the sfc and /scannow)

If sfc /scannow finds errors the tool will attempt to repair them. It will print found errors then successfully repaired. It may say found errors and could not repair all Either case run it again.

What you want to see is found no integrity violations

xXWRupx9

No violations. That’s pretty much my go to move anytime anything odd happens on my computer.

No clues makes it tough. Let’s clear the Windows Error logs - see what shows up after next crash.

Type cmd in the Windows search box. Command Prompt should pop up - right click Command Prompt then select “Run as Administrator”. Once you have it open copy - paste this line at the blinking cursor.

for /f "tokens=*" %1 in ('wevtutil.exe el') do wevtutil.exe cl "%1"

Hit Enter and it will run. If it worked you will see a long stream of data run.

After the clear try a Selective Startup.

Play in that mode until you crash - pastebin the new crash report and a new DXdiag

DXDiag: uGh4EDGX

Error 132: KLt8UsDy

Sorry for the late reply Markahn - I was off forum all day. You know I couldn’t buy a clue here. Nothing shows up on the latest DXDiag error logs. I see you still have addons disabled. Let’s do this right. Close game and launcher - rename the WTF and Interface folders to OLD.

WTF.OLD Interface.OLD

Play until you crash on default UI. Paste that crash - we can see if anything new shows up then. Run a DXDiag as well.

Got some irl stuff going on so it might be a few days before I can do a test, still troubleshooting though!

Markahn posted an edit with new info.

2 Likes