Error #132 after patch 10.0.5

Could we please get an update from the blues on this issues? It’s approaching four(4) days and none of the patches have resolved the problem. The game still crashes every time I attempt to load into the world from the character screen and posts the following error message:

Error #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception!
Program C:\WoW\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe
ProcessID: 8240
ThreadID: 2828
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION

The instruction at “0x00007ffb773d7210” referenced memory at “0x0000000000000058”. The memory could not be “read.”

2 Likes

Same issue here. I’ve even completely reinstalled the game. Done all “repair” options. Rebooted multiiple times. Submitted to support so we’ll see what happens.

2 Likes

Has there been any information or update concerning this critical error? I’ve done everything that was told to do but nothing works. I can load my character but as soon as it loads on it crashes. What’s strange is I can load up WotLK and classic with no problems at all. :frowning:

1 Like

Currently have issue with retail toons. This guy is my main on retail

1 Like

Same, classic and wotlk work fine. But Retail crashes after character login attempt. Loading screen fills up, then game crashes. Blue post from 2 days baisicly told us our rigs are the problem with a big fat “:man_shrugging:”. Its been silence since then. We gonna miss this weeks events, easily.

2 Likes

Ive scanned and repaired twice, uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice, ive even completely reformatted my rig, nothing gets me passed the loading screen on character login.

1 Like

still nothing, still that damn fatal error after the screen loads, my vacation… :smiling_face_with_tear:

The people with the ACCESS_VIOLATION errors: Have you made 100% sure your Windows is up to date? The client not being able to access a chunk of memory sounds like a security issue.

I saw some Windows updates this morning:
KB5022360 and KB5022404
A couple of things that stood out in them: “This update addresses an issue that affects certain systems that have firmware Trusted Platform Modules. (TPM)” and the other said “Addresses an issue in the Socket.EndReceiveFrom method that may lead to AccessViolationException in rare scenarios.”

Might be worth checking out to see if it has an affect on WoW or not. TPM and fTPM have been known to cause a ton of issues in the past, especially fTPM on AMD systems. But since WoW is an online game, the socket access violation issue might also be pretty relevant.

My windows is as up to date as it can get with Windows 10 right now. Same with graphics driver and all and i still have the error.

5 Likes

this all started from the new patch, blizzard should know what the problem is, monday night everything was normal.

6 Likes

it is getting crazy they barely have acknowledged this, 4 days now of subscription that you know people will not get back in anyway , the lack of communication is so frusterating , right when they take good steps forward with the new xpac , 2 steps back with not helping people actually play their game

3 Likes

Just wondering how many of you with this problem are running Windows 10? Btw, those of you who can still login Classic and Lich King are lucky… after 18 years they’ve managed to lock me out of all my characters. :confused:

2 Likes

I can log into the character screen but once it loads all the way it crashes , ive done every step under the sun and i cant get passed it , Reinstall , addon wipe , SFC scan , security disable , nothing starts up on boot. and it Will not open… this is ridiculous

6 Likes

I am. Windows 10.

2 Likes

They just pushed a patch out (10.0.5.47871, dated 27 January 2023), still no luck getting past the loading screen. The blue bar seems to fill up a bit faster, but the same Error #132 as before.

Count me as another who was fine before the patch, and not fine after the patch. Reinstalled, ran every update, cleared my cache and addons, etc. Still nothing.

3 Likes

They answered my ticket and they didnt even know what to say. its like they dont know how to fix this. Telling you that maybe is your drivers not updated.

Now they wont do anything til Tuesday. And i dont even know if on Tuesday it will be fixed.

2 Likes

I’m on Windows 10 as well. Exact same issue as everyone else has said. The new update did load the game more quickly, but it crashed. I tried it 3 times just to be sure.

I switched to a laptop w/ windows 10 pro and a new sound card so now the error 132 crashes happen randomly and fairly often. The lag is ridiculous pretty much everywhere and instanced content is super awfully laggy when grouped with players from specific realms. I can honestly say that it feels like a punishment to play this game now. A content upgrade is supposed to enhance gameplay experience, not degrade it.

Ive been fighting the same thing since Patch, tried everything any ideas?

wasnt working about 15 mins ago, i just updated windows, its working now. windows 10