Epic premades are toxic and totally violate the social contract and terms of service

I’m not arguing it’s cheating. I understand it’s not against the rules. But I’m also honest enough to admit that they are circumventing an intended system to the detriment of the WoW community to gain an unfair advantage. This discussion just gets derailed every time by people that can’t even defend their own words when others remind them how toxic premades actually are (and there are plenty of threads on the topic).

I understand our words have little effect on what Blizzard will do. But there’s still also a chance Blizzard will eventually acknowledge it and I’ll defend people’s right to argue the finer points until they’re red in the face against dishonest forum trolls.

what makes it a detriment to the wow community? how is it unfair if everyone can do it?

not at this rate. the arguments against it aren’t that thought-provoking.

its very entertaining! i didnt read the comics so i dont have any references and cant pick it apart like marvel/dc stuff.

It’s so easy to see how it’s a detriment. Do you think the PvP community is in a healthy state? Do you think it’s good for people to /afk out and take a debuff, log off and go do something else?

The sad thing is, PvP could be great in this game – this crap is the LEAST of the issues – but MS-blizz-acti-whatever is too big to be nimble on anything.

2 Likes

weren’t people doing that already, even against non-premades? I have many fond memories of people afk’ing out against teams that were just steamrolling them in bgs (random bg’s is primarily my own experience of this, not epics)

People afk out of ss arena too, and i see the dps complaining about how they “waited 30 mins in q just to lose match because of afk’er” or something like that.

ohyes, the defining question of our generation. Lead the way, oh great moral leader

(Edit: Lorethon you’re cracking me up lol, he definitely deserves the last word!)

Realising the conversation is over, his last lap interuprted Lorethon raises his hands again in victory having said the…

Last word!

Victor!!

Edit: Griefs is repeatedly killing my lovely gnome hunter! GRRRRRRRRRRR!..part of it was my fault, I kept egging them on by not leaving the area. GRIEFFFFSSSS!!! and your pesky druid friends! Primal roar!

2 Likes

I know it involves the use of consumables… but… hopefully more players start to use their Alliance/Horde/Goblin gliders. It does a lot to close the gap.

This applies to more than video games, I know your narrow mind will struggle to comprehend this but deflect away. If you don’t see acting scummy within a community as a moral issue then that says everything we need to know. You wouldn’t cheat in a board game against your friends just to win, would you? Who cares how insignificant it is?

i remember my friends used to get mad if i played Shang Tsung on Mortal Kombat 2, they made a rule that i couldn’t play him since i could effectively counter whichever character they decided to play (and they weren’t able to memorize all the morph combos, so they couldn’t play shang tsung).

Here’s a novel idea to explore, what if EVERYONE joined premades, and only ever fought other premades? No more puggers. In such a hypothetical utopian world, would that still be “cheating/circumventing rules”?

the game has created a wave of complacent entitled players who expect rewards just for clicking the join bg button and cant be bothered to put any extra effort past the first team fight. the people afking because they might have to actually work for a win aren’t the type of player i want on my team even during a win.
good riddance.

This is a novel idea or is this just you using extreme examples again to avoid acknowledging your weak logic? No one is asking for this. They are asking for the second part of your tirade where we want premades to be separated from the general populous but every time this discussion comes up, weak minded forum trolls appear out of the woodworks to derail the threads. That’s why you were so transparent from the start.

so you’re saying you like the idea? :stuck_out_tongue:

Many people here including myself have asked for separate queues for people pvping in groups vs people pvping solo. It’s always derailed by the same premade trolls that can’t fathom a world where their actions are detrimental and a world where they’d have to face people on equal footing as them.

Here’s a novel idea: what if EVERYONE acknowledged their own actions and worked towards the betterment of the community. I’m very consistent on that point. However you live in a hypocritical dystopian world where we can’t even begin to discuss this.

1 Like

No, people are AFKing because they don’t want to get farmed for 20 minutes.

I’m sticking to blitz because I can solo queue and it’s relatively stable. I hope they’re amassing data and will make bigger changes in the next block of expansions.

I don’t want to make more acquaintanceships in the game. The AotC push with the guild is enough for me.

That’s just me. I’m PvPing basically between actual seasons and working while in queue which has been great – hence the light touch on engaging with PvP.

Queuing for blitz has been great and I hope they add epic BGs to it, basically!

3 Likes

how did Blizzard respond to those suggestions?

yea… that sounds good. But let’s also add in a spoonful of pragmatism, and take actions that improve game play (like joining a premade just to make epics tolerable since blizzard apparently won’t do anything to protect pugs)

why? because i dont accept your false narrative?

this is so wrong. people leave epic bgs all the time. i have so many games where half the team leaves after the first wipe even when the other side is not a premade.

are you going to seriously say this doesn’t happen and that this isn’t common? because that would be a lie and we all know it.

i don’t get it, what sorta gifs?

Being a multi R1 Last Word victor in this thread alone, Lorethon solo Q’s again on his gnome hunter to punish the evil premaders and their wicked ways.

Yeah now we’re at the “if you can’t beat em join em” choice and I can’t even begin to list the historical and anecdotal references for how disastrous that choice is. I get it. Blizzard has rules in place that are subjectively being broken by parts of this community. That’s why we’re here to discuss. What they choose to do, when they choose to do it, and how they choose to acknowledge the change is entirely irrelevant. People come here to discuss in the hopes that Blizzard will acknowledge them eventually, not have forum trolls derail their thoughts in bad faith.

What’s your big proposal? We never discuss the issue (and many people here agree, it is an issue)?? How will Blizzard make any changes if people in the community are shut down by clowns like you with “hurr durr everyone else is doing it” “no problem to see here, move on”? I’m always curious what the premaders long term plan is? Soon there will be 3 communities left playing this game by themselves asking “Where’d the solo puggers go?”

everyone joins a premade grp. Thus making the whole issue a moot point. Or you could let Lorethon have the last word and win the thread. He really does deserve it you know