Epic Premade?

What was that about ignoring bits?

Claim to be stupid all you like. You can cope just like the rest of them.

I’m not claiming to be stupid. But I would appreciate an apology.

Appreciate away. You’re not going to get one.

Well, that’s just rude. You were wrong in claiming I said unfair. I deserve one. How can I argue with someone who is so unwilling to cross their line in such a small and insignificant way?

You can choose to think that if you wish.

I would apologize to you.

Here’s my best apology.

Yes, I’m sorry, you didn’t outright say unfair. But you imply it when you reply to posts like this:

Or even closer:

unfairly have an advantage.

Honestly, I feel that I deserve an apology now.

You’re just being petty now. Having an advantage is in itself unfair. It wouldn’t be called having an advantage if it was fair. Stop being obtuse and trying to downplay what you do.

Not if the disadvantage is by choice.

1 Like

It’s using the system the way Blizzard set it up. Just because that 5 man didn’t sync their queue with 7 other 5 mans doesn’t mean they “chose” to face your group who did. It means they are following the rules.

1 Like

But people can choose to PvP. Instead of choosing to /afk.

The premade groups aren’t doing anything that a pug group can’t do.

They do the same strats. They have mostly the same gear. Pugs just choose to not really play objectives. And argue with each other. Most of them aren’t on voice chat, other than to talk about life. And if you really want to go down that path, you can choose to enter the in-game voice chat. You don’t ‘need’ to download discord. Though be prepared to be told that you don’t pay their sub, so don’t tell them how to play.

1 Like

So pug. You can do the same thing you are doing now according to you. Stop queue syncing and do exactly what you are telling other players to do. Lead by example.

1 Like

I do pug.

One of my toons, on Horde, sometimes runs with SaS. For those reading this from SaS, his name is Daznoolik. When I’m on him, I bring the same zeal, don’t you worry.

Most of the time I’m on my Alliance toons, which all pug.

Why do I have to keep saying this? Do you really need the copium so badly?

I’m not on the forums complaining about them, I’m in game, and on the forums trying to help my teammates. Even if they don’t want to be helped. Even when they don’t want to win. I won’t AFK. I’m the one making your eBGs last longer, because I’ll damn well heal Tremblade, if you force me to.

1 Like

Oof you’re right. I’m sorry.

this is complicated and motivations will vary depending on individual. but in general most epic players tend to stick to epics and have epic focused builds and playstyles which don’t always work too well in the smaller formats.

the reverse is true as well, if you take players who sit in normals/RBG/arenas all day, they end up with high win rates in their favorite content but still get rolled over if they queue into epics.

2 Likes

I’ve found somewhat the same between arena and RBG players, people who are great at arenas sometimes aren’t so great in RBGs and vice versa.

I know I’m not great at either of them, but I try.

1 Like

The only people with those kinds of win rates are the guys who lead groups. Those guys are quite literally the best players in world at EBG’s and they’ve earned those wins and that percentage.

You talk about it as if simply joining a party before pressing queue magically grants a win. As if the players have no impact on the game and it’s just the way that they entered the game that gave them an illegal or underhanded advantage. You completely dismiss the players and just attribute premades winning to their being in groups.

Napoleon said that he who handles the chaos of battle better, wins. Both his own chaos and the enemies. That’s what group leaders do so well and that’s why they win so much. They have developed a skill in working within their team, leading their team and figuring out what the opponents wants to do and stopping it.

Some of them make it look so easy that it’s easy to dismiss. A few raid warnings and a simple strategy doesn’t look like much but if it was that easy then everyone would do it. Often the skill these guys have isn’t apparent until they face another premade or a really good pug. I’ve been playing WoW since Vanilla and have every AV achievement in the game and I learned a lot a few days ago from a good leader facing another premade.

It’s quite telling that you think someone with a 95% win rate must be cheating. Everyone worse than you is a noob and everyone better is cheater right? It might help to think about how these premade communities grew. The guys with 95% win rates got most of their wins before communities existed.

Your notion that they gain an unfair advantage from playing with a raid and thus win 95% of games is flawed. They had those win rates before the communities existed that allowed for what you imagine to happen. I remember farming Ashran achievements during the endless brawl with Karie years ago. Before Communities were added. Without a raid or queue syncing. He must of had a 99% win rate on all events during that event.

The reality is that some people are extremely knowledgable in BG and EBG mechanics and have a skill that allows them to lead pugs effectively. Communities grew around them.

Because regular BG’s are arena deathmatches writ large. EBG’s are objective based maps that reward strategy and leadership. They’re also easier to snowball such that small advantages can quickly become large ones which isn’t possible in regular BG’s.

Regular BG wins are also at the mercy of many factors outside your control as a player. If your team is full of undergeared players and the enemy team isn’t, you lose and no amount of strategy will make up for it. In EBG’s however, gear is almost meaningless. One of the people you’re decrying with near 100% winrates in some EBG’s is literally wearing a green item and many others are not Conq geared.

If you’re talking about me then I need to split hairs. Many here talk about premades is if the grouping itself gives an unfair advantage. It doesn’t. 99% of premade communities are just like me, random, undergeared, not great at PvP, average players. Functionally, these communities are collections of pugs.

The advantage comes from the group leaders and that players who join these communities are generally players who are willing to follow instruction, check their ego at the door and play as a team for objectives which by and large makes them better players than average pugs. To me this is a textbook example of better players winning.

3 Likes

In this case, they are.

:rofl:

Oh wait, do you mean they were already doing premade raids before the Communities feature was released?

That’s right, breathe that copium.