Epic Losses in a row can you beat it

Were you cp capped? That stinks if they removed the conq from the close epics.

i think they did remove it. i’ve been in a few close losses where we didn’t get any CP. haven’t seen CP granted on a loss since 8.1.5 patch.

Nope not capped.

An absolutely ABYSMAL night for Alliance in epics. Ended the night 0-7, still no daily win after almost 3 hours :-1:

(in order)

1. WG - backfilled into a loss, I afked out
  2. WG - backfilled into a loss, I afked out
  3. AV - backfilled into a loss
  4. AV - backfilled into a loss, this was the one where the fish feast Horde merc troll had apparently struck again
  5. IOC - backfilled into a loss, it was almost over so I just stuck around
  6. AV - finally a fresh match, but it ended up being “one of those” where Alliance is spinning its wheels not having either a defense or an offense :roll_eyes: , I got frustrated around 28 minutes in and left
  7. IOC - fresh match, we got the Horde gate down first while our gate was still like 40%. But Horde did not give up, they aggressively came back to their base en masse, retook the GY, and wiped us on our boss attempt… while they broke down our gate in the background and killed our boss as Alliance randomly PvPed in the Horde courtyard

Called it after that last game, went to do M+ on my alts instead

How was everyone else’s Alliance night? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just got out of IOC we dominated it, this is not happening long time and it feels good. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

https://imgur.com/a/jrLVKtE

could be worse

is E2118 wintergrasp?

Yeppers. (yes it’s a complete sentence)

1 Like

And yet wintergrasp routinely starts with 28 people on alliance vs 40 on horde.

3 Likes

Gd, I think you generally play earlier than I do. Last night I tried a few. They were all losses. But it’s nice to play with a friend or two on ally-side if they are on. If conquest wasn’t available from WM quests and secret supply chests I’d probably have to give up on trying to cap consistently.

1 Like

Did you get in-progress matches? I will say I didn’t get a single one out of the 13 I played. Would be nice if they are finally back-filling BGs with people who desert themselves.

You queue with your buddies, so your chances of getting backfilled games are much lower just from that. Q’ing up with a small 2-3 man group pretty much ensures you will always get fresh games. I solo-queue, so that probably explains all the backfiller games

The whole backfill thing doesn’t bother me too much, UNLESS it’s Wintergrasp… WG backfill is pretty much an insta-AFK out on the spot

In one of the AV games I backfilled into, I actually ended up having a lot of fun PvPing on the Stormpike bridge. We lost, but anytime I get some “giant deathball vs giant deathball” action is always a good time in my book :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I was solo for half of those… and with 1 other for the rest. Surely with how much people drop epics I’d get into one in progress. I really hope they did change it to if you desert you get more in progress matches.

They should definitely do this for smaller BGs.

I think for epics on alliance side it’s a smaller pool of interest - especially late into the night - so it’s not uncommon to recognize names popping into in-progress games as people who deserted previous ones.

Lately I’ve noticed alliance in epics who appear to not have played WoW in a long time and get really mad about how the games are going, while failing to notice the team makeup is a revolving door.

Just sipping my morning coffee over here, decided to warm up my brain a little with some Alliance epics

1. backfilled into a losing WG (offense), left
  2. fresh IOC, loss, but I did see Jarawana in there so that’s cool
  3. fresh WG match (offense), we lost the first teamfight pretty badly so a bunch of us just left

I think I’ll just stop for now lol, before I waste any more time

I guess I’ll swap over to my Horde toon and play epics on him today

Oh you were in that one? I guess I don’t know who your real toon is

Bad luck. I logged in to do the assault earlier and queued one epic. Was IOC and a win. This was about 10:30 am est.

Just won a WG where we won on D after taking over every single workshop. We had 24 demos to the ally 0 vehicles at around the 17 minute mark.

2 Likes

Good. Crush their puny wooden carts and claim your birthright.

2 Likes

Good work!

Lok’tar Ogar :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes