Entropic Embrace Toggle

Giving MORE requested features? Fine.

DELETING features/races? Not fine.

Push for high elf stuff, stop trying to photoshop Blood and Void elves into oblivion.

7 Likes

You are not entitled to High Elves. Be happy that Blizzard gave you this model and stop wanting to screw Blood Elf and Void Elf players.

Your demands are not more important than others. That’s just a vocal and stubborn minority (Not all High Elf fans, I have to say).

Ask for stuff all you want, but at least do it well. That’s the point.

13 Likes

Out of likes for 7 more hours -_- but thiiiiiiiisssssss.

People like this honestly refuse to believe that people actually like Void Elves as Void Elves and are happy they were added.

“We’ll they’re not on the forums-“ yeah they’re in game having fun playing their VOID elf XD

Which is what I’m gonna do now that I finished my tacos.

3 Likes

IIRC, there already is a way to accomplish this effect.

Honestly it’s the only race that has made me feel like I want one of every class. It makes me feel giddy at the prospect we’ll get a light vs void expansion. It’s so wild to see people say, with so much undue authority, that no one wanted or likes void elves.

We’re here and we’re spooky and we need more eyes.

2 Likes

No to this. Void elves needs to stay void elves.

With cross faction groups on the horizon, you can join a WoW community and rp your heart off as a high elf with a blood elf toon.

Alternatively you can request a new race to fill that image such as half elves like I have in my thread;

Half elves can bring new concepts and add a flair to the story that is missing between void elves and blood elves and as members if dalaran can bring that culture to rp as too.

You could also ask for sub races as well or ask for model toggles on races that would suit them (like the army of the light should be multiple races).

Just my 2-cents. We really don’t need to remove more rp tools just for ‘just because’ excuses.

It’s a two-way street here. You cannot yell “entitlement” when you’re sitting the same boat. This might have worked before they gave the Alliance the High Elf options but it’s even now.

The Blood Elf players screwed themselves over with their prideful desire to dominate the user narrative which will come back to haunt them in half a decade, again. I have been foretelling the High Elf options before they became a thing and I’ll let you in onto the upcoming situation as well: They will get their High Elf options after the upcoming Void-options (< 2 years) in 4-5 years in one or another way. Blizzard’s invisible road map is not this hard to read, especially if everyone can look back and how they approached these requests since Legion and what people requested during MoP/WoD. Doesn’t mean that they made mistakes down the road.

Misinterpretation of the ironic glass house situation. They take player numbers into consideration, which is why Blood Elves and Void Elves are prioritized. It also helps a lot that these are low effort customization features they can bring out every time when they want to throw a bone to one of these two sides.

1 Like

I would support the splitting of Void Elves and High Elves into distinct races.

1 Like

Now we just have to convince Blizzard.

1 Like

Maybe the more we irritate Horde Blood Elf RPers with Alliance loyalism, the more they’ll beg Blizzard to give us an alternative.

I do not recall the horde getting a 1 to 1 copy of an alliance race.

So it is not even in the slightest.

I don’t think you know what that means.

Aaaaaaaand this is what we call PROJECTING.

Pfffffftttttttttttt

RPing Alliance/Silver Covenant stuff no one cares about, tearing down Blood and Void elves on the other hand IS something that irks a lot of people.

High Elf fanatics threw tantrums for years and then when Alliance get a cool race in the Void Elf they scream murder until Blizzard heaped on them Blood Elf customizations rather than Void Elf Customizations and didn’t give Blood Elves anything out of it.

There’s a stigma around High Elves for a reason.

8 Likes

No you see, the Horde didn’t get the Blood Elves fairly, they STOLE them from their rightful Alliance owners, the filthy thieves.

/sarcasm if it wasn’t obvious

3 Likes

I don’t mind Blood Elves and Void Elves. I just mind the lack of High Elves.

One of the main justifications the devs gave for a lack of uncorrupted High Elves was that there’s hardly any of them left; nowhere near enough to justify a playable race. So creating an allied race that’s a tiny subset of that population just felt like a slap in the face.

I’m at least grateful that they expanded the customization options, but as the thread suggests, the lack of toggle for Entropic Embrace really kills it as a legitimate High Elf option.

1 Like

I guarantee you lots of people wouldn’t find being able to play what they want to be “the most boring game imaginable”. :slight_smile:

(Slightly on topic: I want more Void-y stuff for Void Elves… they’ve gotten plenty of High Elf stuff lately.)

1 Like

For real. We all knew it would never end with the skin colors or the hair colors. You simply cannot satisfy that crowd.

They could add high elves as their own race, and then people would find an infinite amount of new reasons to scream and cry over them. Whether for a hairstyle they don’t have, a class they don’t get, some vague customization they had in mind, or if blood elves get something unique to them.

It will literally never end, and this is why you never give a mouse a cookie. It will always want something more. And the helfer crowd has proven they don’t care about ruining the identities of other races to get what they want.

Void elves could have been amazing and now they’ll be lucky to ever get any new void themed customizations ever. Look at Nightborne, their customizations were severely lacking too, and we let blizzard double down on their identity and now they look fantastic

5 Likes

There’s a difference between giving feedback or suggestions and begging for unnecessary changes because they fit what you want to play as. Or demanding more things on top of what they’ve already done. If the devs followed through on everything that GD asked/begged/cried for this game would have imploded years ago.

1 Like

On the bright side at least it isn’t a thread by the hunters that shall not be named.

2 Likes

I never said they had to follow through on everything. But this kind of feedback allows them to know what the community’s priorities are, and there’s a significant portion who would like this change or something similar.

Speaking as a game programmer, a toggle like the one suggested by the OP would take five to ten minutes to do. All it takes is the design director saying yes.

1 Like

I was gonna say with what the OP is smoking he just might be a high elf

https://i.gifer.com/2tix.gif

2 Likes