Enough of this nonsense. Fix mining

Another thing that OP might be confusing is sometimes there would be two nodes in the same spot, overlapping, so it might appear that you got more taps out of it. When that happens, it’s a glitch and isn’t something that’s supposed to normally happen.

2 Likes

I’m so glad I decided to pick flowers.

1 Like

Can confirm. Mined at least twenty rich thorium nods and got a lot of 2 and nothing above 4.

Another bug to the list of Classic only bugs!
What a disaster this release is.

Classic is like a beautiful girl going full junky addict. Such a waste

1 Like

Do you have actual vanilla proof showing that you can mine more? And not some pirate server footage… Otherwise, this is just another case of the Mandela effect…

2 Likes

This has nothing to do with private servers. This is vanilla players who farmed thorium and rich thorium when content was current. It should be 1-3 taps on small and 3-5 on rich. This is well documented on wiki’s and well known basic information for miners. Can also confirm the rates are skewed. 80% of small nodes are only giving me a single tap. Well over 50% or only giving me 2 or 3. The rates are obscenely ridiculous and infuriating.

1 Like

This made me chuckle. Good extreme comparison vs extreme comparison.

" You will be able to [loot] [ore] or other items (usually [stone] and sometimes gems) from the same vein 2 to 4 times."

vanilla-wow DOT fandom DOT com/wiki/Mining

I don’t know lol… Not looking too good in your defense…

1 Like

You want to wipe out all the gold I farmed off of world mobs just because some people cheated? Wow, you really must be living in the ocean right now.

Do you have any evidence that this is not how it worked in vanilla. If you do, and you want people/blizzard to take your post seriously, then I suggest you share your evidence.

2 Likes

No, I’m not. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

No, that article you’re reading is for all nodes. From the same site: wiki/Thorium_Ore
" Small thorium veins can be mined at skill level 200, and produce 1 to 3 Thorium Ore
" Rich Thorium veins can be mined at skill level 215, and produce 3 to 5 Thorium Ore."

Not looking good for your ability to read. I’m right, your wrong or trolling. It needs to be fixed.

3 Likes

On a rich veins? Yeah, you might be able to get 5 taps, but it’s likely extremely rare. It’s probably like a 5% chance. You could easily go hundreds of nodes without getting that extra tap. I had several ore farmers back in vanilla and don’t really remember ever getting 5 taps on rich veins. However, I’m not naive enough to say one way or the other because it’s been 15 years…

Here’s the bug report thread.

It’s NEVER supposed to be two on a freshly spawned rich node. At this point I don’t care what you think because I don’t trust you have the intelligence to engage in any meaningful conversation.

3 Likes

Cute, anyone can make a thread about “not a bug” kind of stuff…

Sometimes you get 2, sometimes you get 3. It happens…

That’s a really cute attempt at complimenting me, don’t make me blush! :flushed: What’s even more cute is that you had to edit it twice to not sound like a fool lol…

He’s been posting the same idiotic conspiracy theory in every thread for days, best to just ignore him.

1 Like

We’re talking about thorium, there is small and rich nods. Pay attention

[Enough of this nonsense. Fix mining]

This is a forum request for “almost Classic, except I demand a game with no bugs.”

Thanks for your input. Blizzard will ignore your command.

Did anyone promise you “no bugs”? I missed that. Did anyone promise “exactly the same bugs that were in Classic, and no others”? If you watched the VERY long explanation in Blizzcon-2018, you know they are using the modern codebase with old data. So there are different bugs. Different from modern, and different from Vanilla.

Bugs are fixed in priority order. Bugs that have NO effect on gameplay will not be fixed. Why should they? This bug has NO effect on gameplay. You have to spend 9 more seconds to loot a node?

So having to hit twice as many nodes as it was in vanilla doesn’t impact my experience, or the experience of every other miner, blacksmith and engineer? Having thorium be nearly twice as rare as it was in 1.12 doesn’t impact the game? General sure does attract the smartest players.

3 Likes

You’re off your rocker if you think people generated “hundreds of thousands of gold” from layering.

Lets see you back that figure up with a citation, ya?

2 Likes

Are you dense? Nowhere in your incoherent rambling have you come anywhere close to a rational thought.

The thread is about thorium nods granting 1less ore every single time. And you say we are spending 9more second to loot them?

What is even going on inside your brain

5 Likes

I can also confirm this, for what it’s worth.

I can also confirm, from playing on the highest population realm at original release, that there were far more nodes per zone than what you’re seeing now. Less nodes and less hits per node are both what I’m experiencing.