Enough of this nonsense. Fix mining

Average taps are -1 over recorded vanilla data. I just had three rich thorium in a row with just two taps, one of which I watched spawn myself. It’s busted and inflating the thorium market price. Fix. please and thank you.

13 Likes

Lol! This is good stuff.

1 Like

Interesting. I remember Thorium actually having market value in classic, but it never really did on Private Servers… Wonder if this is why.

8 Likes

nope. that is not the reason.

The entire market got screwed because of the raid boss layering exploit. Players were able to farm hundreds of thousands of gold, which they then redistributed. Imagine being handed 50-100k in gold which you then hand 10k-20k each to a few of your characters.

Blizzard never reset the in game player economy, and now it’s broken.

Only way to fix it is to wipe everyone’s gold and clear the entire AH and let people do it legitimately. Otherwise the AH is useless because nothing has any value when a player sells it.

6 Likes

I got all my gold doing probably 100 dungeon runs. You aren’t getting my gold because of some ill conceived propaganda.

18 Likes

Any proof, or just spreading ridiculous things completely blown out of proportion?

Hundreds of thousands of gold thanks to layering raid bosses…bit blown out of proportion there. No one had even killed ony on my server until after the hotfix. Guaranteed anyone who farmed raid bosses with the layering exploit was easily identified and banned. They caught the people skipping AQ40 bosses back in vanilla in 2005–they can easily identify people with multiple kills in 1 lockout.

17 Likes

Throughout the years in WoW I have seen ore nodes respawn in the same spot I just depleted one, from time to time.

5 Likes

I’m sure the level 19 warlock knows what he’s talking about. Weren’t you already deeply invested into and researching the economy at that level?

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I saw the same post (about the exploit and tons of gold) word for word in another thread. Whoever this guy is, he really wants the world to know about his theory (which Blizzard says is false, by the way).

I would say something sarcastic, but I’m really bad at sarcasm…

7 Likes

Link to asserted ‘facts’ please.

3 Likes

What does this have to do with rich thorium nodes giving 2 ticks

2 Likes

Can’t post links but the wikis do describe it.

Small veins: 1-3 taps
Rich veins: 3-5 taps

That matched my experience doing it during actual vanilla. I distinctly remember that Rich thorium ore was the only node that could give more than 4, and so does everyone else who actually played then. Current observed taps at 300 mining and 285 Blacksmithing:

Small veins: 1-2 taps
Rich veins: 2-4 taps

They’re giving one less. In hundreds of nodes I’ve never observed 3 on a small or 5 on a rich. Rich veins never gave just two taps on a freshly spawned node, ever. And if we do the math on 100 small veins, the probability of never seeing three taps is 0.67^100. It’s broken and both types are giving exactly one less ore per node. I’ve also reviewed the patch notes for thorium veins and the only change came in patch 1.5, where gems possibilities were added for small nodes.

Hope that explains it better. It’s an actual bug and not performing as intended. I’ve submitted this as an in game bug report and in the bug report forums, but more people need to see this because while I was able to spam thorium nodes to get 300 blacksmithing within 2 days of hitting 60 in vanilla, I’ve been at it for over a week and I’m still 285 because the yield is slightly more than half what it should be.

11 Likes

Did you ever think that maybe someone already tapped it once and didn’t know that they can tap multiple times in a row?

2 Likes

Already explained that I watched one spawn with my own eyes. And it isn’t possible that every single node I’ve ever seen has had this happen.

4 Likes

It’s the same when you’re solo farming an area to yourself and have veins spawn right in front of you. Still 1-2 taps for normals and 2-4 for rich. No one else is on them

6 Likes

Maybe you’re just having some weird issue with false memory or something. Maybe you played on pirate servers where they were wrong about he extra tap “proc” chances.

I always kind of remember normal nodes being like 1-3 taps. Rich nodes were usually 1 to 2 more taps, usually only 1 tap.

1 Like

Only way to fix it is to wipe everyone’s gold and clear the entire AH and let people do it legitimately.

The only way to fix the crime issue in Detroit is to drop a nuclear warhead on it, then rebuild it from the ground up.

10 Likes

Here’s some tinfoil.

Never trust a fart.

1 Like

I’ve seen it happen about as often as a mob does as i killed it.