ENHANCEMENT let you be heard 2HANDED RETURN

I already know I’m going to get the alpha invite early on as I always do. I’ll do my part for the enhancement team.

4 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa, pump your brakes. I wasn’t going to get on your case for arguing people will make a spec work (grats on 2.4k arena, but if you can coordinate an Ascendance burn window and keep the Shaman alive, Enh can do it. You just have to try so much harder than everyone else, and no one has the patience for it).

This though. We have Classic out right now, and a website logging raid performance. Let’s take a look at a few examples (all on classic warcraftlogs, just paste the path in):

Vaelastrasz:
/zone/rankings/1002#boss=611
/zone/rankings/1002#boss=611&class=Shaman&spec=Enhancement

Top Enhancement did about 33% of the damage of the top DPS.

Firemaw:
/zone/rankings/1002#boss=613
/zone/rankings/1002#boss=613&class=Shaman&spec=Enhancement

The top Enhancement does less than 50% of the damage of the top damage.

Nefarian:
/zone/rankings/1002#boss=617
/zone/rankings/1002#boss=617&class=Shaman&spec=Enhancement

Again, top Enhancement does less than 50% of the top damage.

This is nowhere near viable. Not even close, and no one who cared about difficult progression would have ever considered taking an Enhancement Shaman to a classic raid.

Since then, Enhancement Shaman has been a DW spec. It was only fun in TBC to PvP with when you deleted people with a Torch of the Damned or a Stormherald or whatever you ended up getting.

2H Enhancement has, legitimately, never been competitively PvE viable in the entire existence of World of Warcraft. You can want it, that’s fine. But don’t lie about it.

8 Likes

Thank you, this is what I’m saying WILL happen that no one seems to even acknowledge.

2 Likes

Why didn’t this happen then in Vanilla, TBC, or WotLK? No one took Enhancement in vanilla for progression raiding, 2H was statistically inferior to DW in raiding in TBC, and 2H was even more inferior (without weaving spells in a swing timer) in WotLK.

go check out holderheks videos and tell me 2h enhance wasn’t viable. he goes in depth with hundreds and hundreds of parses showing that enhance has the potential to keep up with others. there is no lie when he clearly shows actual numbers. I just don’t see the issue in allowing shamans to use it if they want to

1 Like

You really don’t comprehend the class you play at all. You bring up classic when its right now and the future we are talking about the one where the resource bar you have gotten so used to is being removed. You play ele. You dont play enhancement you dont really have a say in what enhancement shamans want in what most shamans want. You sound like the people that would say arms wasnt viable in bc or wotlk. But man slam spec was a thing that made arms shine.

2 handed enhance will most likely be inferior to duel wield. That isn’t the case we’re trying to make here. Competitive PvE is only once aspect of the game. Would I like to be able to PvE with a 2hander and do well? Sure would. But I’m going to play what is better for that content. If your only thinking along the lines of this being the only content then yea. I totally see the point your making. But there a lot of people that play this game in many different ways. The point is we’re asking for the choice to play our character in a way that we used to be able to. People will complain about anything. If its not 2 hander it will be another issue. There is no harm imo in letting players have options.

2 Likes

to many players are stuck in this way of having to be the best, I need to play the best spec because this is what this guy on this website told me to play, this performs the best, I need to be the best I need to be the best. let people play the toon the way THEY want to play. not everyone wants to be the best in a m+ or a raid some people play to have fun some people enjoy viewing their toons the way they used to. I just don’t see the issue in allowing 2hs for enhance.

8 Likes

they can tune 2h enhance as easily as they did for monks and frost dks especially now enhance not having to rely on procs to do damage

4 Likes

He doesnt realize specs have auras now that they use to buff/nerf they could easily say buff aura enhancement shaman two handed weapon dmg increased by 40% then it would fall in line with the other.

1 Like

even if 2h enhance would perform slightly worse than DW shamans I would still play it just like in bfa how 95% of the community went elemental after the enhancement nerfs and they never turned back. me? I stuck it out and I still continue to play THE worst melee in this game and can still make it work just as good as the next. and you cant tell me that you see enhance shamans everywhere they only just started to get into raid and m+ after the damage buff and nylotha being so aoe oriented. those are the shamans that don’t play a spec thru thick and thin and just swap specs to try and be the best. majority of them swapped back to their sweet sweet soft place of elemental. and you cant tell me that you see enhance shamans in arena because I can tell you right now last season there was only 3 on the leader boards and I was one of them. the rest are playing resto/ele. let people enjoy themselves and let them have 2h enhance if they want to. that being said, 2H ENHANCE ALL THE WAY BABY LET IT HAPPEN

3 Likes

I started this patch as Ele, swapped to Enhancement over a month ago. At least get your story straight. But you’re right, I’m a Shaman currently specced Enhancement, I have a less valued opinion than a Warrior on what Blizz does with Enhancement in the future.

I found a 30 min video from before Classic released using private server logs. You want me to sift through that, while I link you directly to current logs from Classic that you just ignore outright? Where is Holderhek on warcraftlogs? Why isn’t he ballin’ it up like he says will work?

I do have more of a word then you, because as some one who’s been arms forever I understand that people that stick with a spec not you have the right to have back what they want. I also have 3 max lvl shamans because I care about this game. I play every class and spec for a reason. As well as I care about the playerbase getting the options because they deserve options.

give this a watch and tell me that enhance doesn’t perform well.
1 Like

No, do not want.

I’m fine with two one-handers.

Look at these claws.

I don’t need a big hammer. I’ll be a Paladin, Warrior, even a DK for that.

1 Like

Then you dont need to use the twohander you can keep duelweilding its about the Choices. That means it wouldnt effect you at all.

2 Likes

You didn’t say that. You said “Give us two-handers”, not “give us both like you are doing for Frost DKs”.

Either way, Shaman doesn’t need to be 2-handers anymore. This way is better than 2 hander ever was.

With pleasure. Thank you for this, I finally found him after being able to see he uses “Holderkek” as his Shaman name in Classic.

Here’s the path on classic warcraftlogs to his page:

/character/us/fairbanks/holderkek

His ranks are only against other Enhancement shamans, not overall. Keeping that in mind, his top Razorgore damage is 647. Top damage achieved by a Warrior on Razorgore is 2253. In fact, the 100th best DPS logged on Razergore is still 1533. He’s 28.7% of the DPS of the top damage, 42.2% of the 100th best DPS on the boss.

Let’s pick another one. Firemaw, where he’s 100th percentile in Enh Shamans. He does 529.3 DPS as his highest recorded DPS on the fight. Looking at all classes, the top damage is 1505 DPS, 100th is 1108. That means he’s 35.1% of the damage of the top DPS recorded, and 47.8% of the 100th best DPS recorded on the fight.

Enhance. Doesn’t. Perform. Well.

6 Likes

You see I said let twohander be returned that doesnt mean take away duelwielding. Also that’s your oppion on doesnt need it. Why does it effect you if Grinfoe uses a two hander Asapturk? It doesnt so you have no real reason to be against it.

if someone wants to play with duel wield let them if someone wants to play 2h enhance let them. everyone should be allowed to play their class the way they want to if it performs well or not

7 Likes