ENHANCEMENT let you be heard 2HANDED RETURN

The fact that the option is still there but we can’t really use them is a failure of the RPG side of the game from Blizzard. Then annoucing that Frost DK’s and WW Monk’s get to have their cake and eat it, wielding either 1 or 2 handed weapons. That’s basically blue balling all the shamans over the last decade.

11 Likes

The ability to equip a 2 handed weapon ins’t stopping you from playing duel wield. It’s not like we’re calling for 2 handed to replace the default playstyle. Is the OPTION so much to ask for?

11 Likes

Yes, because this isn’t how the internet/community works. First, it’s the option. Then, it’s viability/balance. Seconds after people start doing tank-level DPS with a 2H weapon, people would be on the forums demanding balance updates for 2H so they can play it.

5 Likes

There lies the problem, wait for 9.0 they said. That’s when the big changes happen. That’s when the reworks happen. Unfortunately it just a little too much work for Blizzard these days.

if its such a big deal, maybe make it a cosmetic option, just like holy pallys can transform their 1h sword and shield to a 2h mace from legion artifacts, a lot of the shamans missed seeing a enhance run around with a 2h weapon

5 Likes

You clearly haven’t put any thought into it then. Or you are very young. Two handed shaman. Is easy to make work. Just like frost dk was easy to make it happen again it’s as simple as this. Windfury only works with duelwield due to the code. Change the requirement code to have it be useable with both types of weapon. Also with maelstrom gone that makes it even easier if you read the changes it’s not so much about proc dmg as it is about rotating the moves to get a big hitter as of now in the current slands build.

3 Likes

Alot of this shaman reversion reminds me of the MoP enhancement. I played with a 2 hander for fun, literally untill they took away my ability to stormstrike with one equipped. If you think the weapon options are going to be balanced for the other classes your wrong. No matter how its designed there will always be a best choice.

1 Like

they removed a lot of the rng aspect of enhance to deal damage so I still don’t see the issue of allowing us to use 2hs over 1hs

3 Likes

Check the forums then a few weeks after release, especially when raids start. Let me know how DK/Monk forums look re: balance between 2H and DW.

They’re happy today when the gameplay is in their head. They won’t be when they’re forced into a playstyle to be viable in reality.

1 Like

so it could be the same way for shaman, allow them to have a option to use 2hs as a enhance and 1hs, like you said there will always be the better playstyle but atleast the OPTION is there

2 Likes

You dont get it nor do you understand do you see how much of a minority you are here with that weak argument lf yours? You dont because you live in a box. And only seeing it fail when it could succeed. If you dont want to use twohanders then dont but you dont have the right to say it shouldnt and wont happen.

2 Likes

I’m also saying that the option won’t be enough when the game actually releases and people start playing. Are you going to sign up for M+ groups and put on your 2H, if it does 15-20% less damage? If you can’t kill anyone in PvP because you can’t sustain the same damage or burst much higher, are you still going to use 2H?

Who here advocating for 2H Enhancement isn’t daydreaming about essentially one-shotting people in PvP? Some probably solely want the mog/aesthetic, but I think most are imagining it being viable. It likely won’t be.

Your insults and observations are meaningless. There are like, 5 people arguing against me. Do you realize how much of a minority 6 individuals are vs. the number of people who play Shaman? This isn’t a statistically significant number of people, and you’ve demonstrated 0 working knowledge of the Shaman class. You’re just picturing a mog in your head.

Please comment with something meaningful when you figure out something meaningful to say.

7 Likes

there is always a way of making a spec work, talent choices, stat priority , playstyle. it can be done and I still don’t see it being a issue. the state of which enhance is right now in bfa pvp is horrible, THE worst class for pvp. but yet last season I still pushed 2.4k in arena with a class that is utterly dead. people will find a way around things always and giving shamans the option to use it even if they DONT use it is still nice to have it there.

2 Likes

Hey, see you are wrong for one about 15-20% dmg I’m not insulting you I’m stating the truth in the current form you are the minority. As well as to say I don’t have any experience on shaman when I’m 99% sure I have more experience then you on it, isnt even the point you said you think about this alot and cant think of any solution when others take 1 hour to figure out how to make it work shows alot about you. In every fo.lf this game when all the options where there people made it work in all forms of this game. Also I made this form so try not to tell me what I can and can’t say. You and upset because you have actually given zero reason as to why it impossible to happen. While others have given solutions and more for how it can work. Your reasoning is because its proc based on RNG from weapon swings. Well that’s going away sooo looks like it can work.

I have 5 maxed Shaman on my account and I want the option for 2h ENH please.

7 Likes

people forgot that shaman started as a 2h class and shamans performed just as well as the other classes when it came to raids there are many videos and statistical numbers that show 2h enhance pumped just as hard as the top dps, give us the option to be a 2h enhance again I support this with all my heart

8 Likes

It almost feels like they were tooling it to be DW or 2H, but just decided to not pull the trigger.

With WF and Flametounge being buffs again and the off-hand attack being changed to Searing Assault.

It’s called tuning, t-u-n-i-n-g. Will you ask the same question to Frost and WW? No. Because they’ll do that for them. They’ve had years now creating Shadowlands, they’ve promised Shamans reworks time and time again and all that I see is the clock being turned back to MoP. They’re basically holding their hands up and saying, “Look, we’ve dragged this spec so far away from what you enjoyed, here, lets wipe the slate clean.”

Enhancement players have been asking to be able to use their 2-handed weapons for years, we can actually still equip them! They’ve just not allowed us to use them with any of our abilities. What’s the bloody point even allowing us to still equip them then? It’s a massive failure of a RPG allowing a character to use some weapon skills but then on sly cancelling out any abilitiy so their worthless. But, we have hope! Frost DK’s and WW Monk’s have had their prayers answered! They get the choice, they get the tuning, they get to have options!

Enhancement shamans on the otherhand? “Nope, that’s not for you guys. You know this word fun and RPG? That doesn’t count for you. Also, your brothers the survial hunters, they say hi!”

7 Likes

you are giving up to easily saying that 2h enhance couldn’t be viable. why? because majority of the expansions have bashed into your skull that “no! you have to play this playstyle to be the best or you wont!” give people the option to use it and watch the amount of players that come out on top and make it just as good of a playstyle of the next.

5 Likes

While I’d love to see 2H Enh, I’m dreading another 2 years of 2H threads, such has plagued the DK forums :grimacing:

3 Likes