Enhance needs 2h again

Am I the only one that thinks it is abso-friggin-lutely stupid as hell that blizzard took away 2h weapons from enhancement?

I mean, 2h windfury shamans were one of the most iconic horde classes for years when the game launched, and now you cant even use that setup.

39 Likes

100% agree, between 2H capabilities and actually imbuing my weapon with an element are 2 of the things I miss the most about early shaman game play.

12 Likes

What’s worse, I had 2 daggers equipped tonight and couldnt use Lava lash, it said I needed a one handed weapon in my off hand (apparently daggers dont count as 1h weapons anymore? WTF?)

Enhance is just broken, blizzard has ruined it.

9 Likes

In BfA alpha, after the change to remove weapon damage from attack formulas, agility daggers were overwhelmingly the best weapon type due to the increased attack rate. They provided a ton more stormbringer, windfury, and flametongue weapon hits for no penalty.

Blizzard’s solution to this disparity was to just disable the ability to use attacks with certain weapons - and it’s not represented in the client anywhere.

8 Likes

Well thats about as smart as eating a turd sammich, wtf blizzard

3 Likes

Agreed. 2handed NEEDS to come back ):

3 Likes

2 hand enhance was only good because of how windfury worked. It was a gimmick that wasn’t even actually that useful in the grand scheme of things.

It was a method of gameplay that was highly RNG and took any real skill out of the class. If you got a broken WF proc, you won. If you didn’t, you lost.

15 Likes

Its not the mechanics so much that people want 2h for. Its the aesthetic appeal. After the attack power change, 2h can easily work with enh without effecting their dps numbers. Same thing with dualwield surv hunters and 2handed frost DKs. Literally no reason to limit weapon choices for classes anymore other than having to make new animations for certain skills.

8 Likes

That’s what made it fun though, rolling the windfury lottery.

The option should not have been taken away, even if it was inferior. Blizzard making their game idiot-proof has ruined everything fun it offered.

2 Likes

I mean, youre not wrong haha

But oddly enough I have never seen a “I want 2h enhance back” thread that did not reference early vanilla windfury. There must be some connection to the mechanic.

But see, if its inferior people will complain non stop about it. Asking for buffs and balancing patches.

4 Likes

classic is coming

then you can enjoy powerful 2h windfury again together with all the totem and utility spells that blizzard stripped away over the years

I will definitely be enjoying classic sham

3 Likes

Literally not even the case at all, for the same reason that Daggers were overpowered in Alpha/Beta, the slow 2 handed speed would be a massive DPS penalty. Enhance is heavily reliant on white attack hits, so slowing down the hit rate AND eliminating a weapon would substantially cripple the spec.

Most people enjoyed classic 2 handed enhancement because they liked one shotting people. Everyone I talk to that wants it back references this specifically, and 2handed enhance was such an incredibly boring, degenerate playstyle. It’s totally fine if thats what people want, that’s what classic is for, but today’s game design has long since moved on from “auto attack and pray for big damage”.

They don’t seem to remember how few and far between those actually were and how god awful it was when it didn’t happen when you needed it to.

Except it has already been stated that 2 H WF will not be in like it was in original vanilla so you will get on level to 60 get gear and grind out that epic 2H only to find out it doesnt work then come here crying about how you were lied to like ll the enhance have been doing about this mysterious rework enhance has been promised since beta.

Like playing an extremely bad version of Russian roulette with 12 chambers and 1 very old bullet that may or may not work.

1 Like

2H enhancement is no different from the old 2H frost dk… which is probably why you don’t see that anymore either.

people love seeing big numbers. the ones on the wrong end of the big numbers cry. blizzard caters to the whiners. no more fun.

1 Like

Exactly. Just like they catered to the people who cried that WoW was too difficult, leveling was too difficult, finding groups was too difficult, getting mounts was too difficult, getting gear was too difficult, getting into big raids was too difficult, pvp was too difficult…

and now look where they’ve gotten us.

4 Likes

That is exactly why I played my ret pally so much more in BC. I liked the burst potential of SoC. Of course, people complained that it didn’t play more like a warrior, so they removed the RNG aspect people loved, for people that could have easily just played a warrior.

No one seems to notice the less RNG we have in specs, the less fun people have with the game in general. No more 2h WF, no more SoC, no more arms weapon specs, no more rogue sword spec. Everything is homogenized so much, classes feel bland. We’re all white rice with water on the side.

1 Like

That’s been the problem for the life of this game. Who cares if one class is better at certain aspects? Instead of crying about it, go make one. I personally loved fighting against ret on my enh, and vice versa. Devs caving to players over debatable aspects of play ruins games.

2 Likes

I hope it never comes back, personally. I’d rather it not compete with the play style I’ve known for 11 years now. If I had to go back to swinging a slow 2H sword, hoping for procs I’d lose it.

There’s no reason both cant coexist. Back in TBC when shamans first got dual wielding, DW was used for pve dps and 2h was still used for the burst in pvp.

4 Likes